welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2012-08-05 Graduation
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ooh, an anti-Semite! has Sinfest ever had one of those before?

i was just gonna point out that the Devil is in fact the Devil and looking for some Freudian excuse or tragic backstory that twisted him into the monster he is today or whatever is kind of silly (and besides Milton beat you to it) but holy shit! "there are other injustices so yours don't count" is a pretty spectacular way to stand up in favor of oppression.
Ember778

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monkey Mcdermott wrote:
All opinions aren't created equal chief. Yours says some very uncomplimentary things about the kind of person you are.

Opinions are opinions. Ethics are a human construct. There is no such thing as right and wrong. We all live by our own moral code which we are brainwashed into believing by our parents and society.

I am an altruistic person. I am in general what people would call nice. I can choose not to get along with a group though. The Chinese suffered 4x the amount of civilian deaths vs the Jews. Yet the Jews get all the sympathy which in turn prompted them to get Jerusalem which was stolen from the Palestinians. This was wrong in my opinion. It was stolen.

Most feminists promote female equality past the point of which most females care for. Every girlfriend I've ever had has wanted to be treated like a lady, not a man. Should women get equal pay and opportunity? Yeah they should, but look at other races like Blacks and Hispanics. They get treated unfairly too. And the most underrated prejudice is just left alone. Height. Males who are shorter get paid significantly less and are less likely to get jobs vs their taller counterparts.

Yet despite this women get affirmative action benefits and are practically untouchable. Sexual harassment suits have been taken way too far in my opinion. I knew someone who called a coworker a bitch out of office and got fired for it. Expression of opinion outside the workplace shouldn't result in termination.

The reason for all this is because feminists bitch and moan all the time. The world isn't fair for most people. And you females pursuing more rights takes away from others.

No one persons opinion is greater than another. They're just different. That's my opinion.
Ember778

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadowCell wrote:
ooh, an anti-Semite! has Sinfest ever had one of those before?

i was just gonna point out that the Devil is in fact the Devil and looking for some Freudian excuse or tragic backstory that twisted him into the monster he is today or whatever is kind of silly (and besides Milton beat you to it) but holy shit! "there are other injustices so yours don't count" is a pretty spectacular way to stand up in favor of oppression.

I'm not antisemitic. I'm anti-bullshit. I have Jewish friends. I just don't like the way they represent themselves as a whole.

Allowing special treatment is just another type of oppression.
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah, the "i'm not racist! i have ____ friends!" excuse.

you aren't anti-bullshit, otherwise you wouldn't have mouthed the usual MRA lies about how "feminists are out to take away our rights" and "women are already equal so who cares" and "nobody i know supports feminism" and "there are other people who are oppressed so that means you can't speak up when you are."

and then, my favorite part, you try to say that height is actually the worst prejudice of all.

you are not nice. you are not anti-bullshit. you are not altruistic. you are just another one of those mouth-breathing bigoted assclowns who infests the Internet and thinks that since "ethics is a human construct," that means it's okay for you to speak up in favor of oppression by shouting people down with empty platitudes.

if that's wrong, then, like everything else you said, feel free to prove it.

and no, the girlfriends and friends you claim you have don't count. there's more to the world than just the people you choose to interact with.
Ember778

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadowCell wrote:
ah, the "i'm not racist! i have ____ friends!" excuse.

you aren't anti-bullshit, otherwise you wouldn't have mouthed the usual lies about how "feminists are out to take away our rights" and "women are already equal so who cares" and "nobody i know supports feminism."

and then, my favorite part, you try to say that height is actually the worst prejudice of all.

you are not nice. you are not anti-bullshit. you are not altruistic. you are just another one of those mouth-breathing bigoted assclowns who infests the Internet and thinks that since "ethics is a human construct," that means it's okay for you to speak up in favor of oppression by shouting people down with empty platitudes.

if that's wrong, then, like everything else you said, feel free to prove it.

I don't have to prove it. It's my opinion. I'm merely expressing it as I've stated multiple times. I'm not attempting to change anyone else's opinion. Just state my own and the reasoning behind it.

You don't know me. You never will. Your opinion of me means absolutely nothing. Attacks on me are pointless. It doesn't add anything. If you disagree why do you have to add inflammatory responses to prove your point. It doesn't actually add anything of substance. It just makes you look like an angry person.

You favor oppression as well, just a different type.

Also empty platitudes is redundant. It's like saying irregardless.

Last edited by Ember778 on Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and lest it be forgotten, Ember, you were the one who brought up feminism.
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah, so you can't actually back up your "opinions," and is all just the equivalent of you taking a big steaming shit on the forum.

well! glad you were so up-front about that.
Ember778

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mellifluous wrote:
Really, compassion from Medium D? No, it looks more like he's found an angle to use in manipulating/ recruiting her.

There are guys that use a woman's emotional distress to weasel their way in. I knew one who used it as a precursor to rape. Pretty effective, too. He was averaging a girl a month in college. He'd cruise the Library and some of the quieter spots on campus, find a young woman crying for whatever reason, say that he would listen, his dad was a minister (he was, Pentecostal), he would just like to be there for her, it's getting late/cold/buggy, let's move it to my private dorm room, you know you want this you dirty little whore, now get the fuck out of my room, off she goes back to cry somewhere. Blunt, not very smooth, but sadly effective. The women found out about each other, and even called themselves by the month he had attacked them. Kind of like the devil-girls being a different colour.

Don't be so quick to find kindness in the Devil's actions. Also, the Devil may not be a constant, but rather dynastic/hereditary in nature.

Also this post is what brought up feminism. I merely commented on it. Mellifluous said he believed that the devil who did a compassionate act, only did so because he was attempting to manipulate Blue. This is a feminist statement.
Ember778

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadowCell wrote:
ah, so you can't actually back up your "opinions," and is all just the equivalent of you taking a big steaming shit on the forum.

well! glad you were so up-front about that.

I backed up my opinions with my thoughts already. I don't have to prove anything to anyone. That wasn't the point of the post as I've repeated a number of times.

I'm not trying to change anyone's opinions. Just showing my own. If you have a problem with that then that's your own deal. I couldn't care less.
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no it's not. there is no statement of "feminism" in there. nor is "feminism" all about saying "men only act compassionately because they're being manipulative." it's not saying anything like that. Mellifluous compared the devil to a man she says she knew who used similar tactics to manipulate emotionally vulnerable women. you are the one who claimed that that is "
"feminism." you are the one who brought it up.

best of all, you are the one who interpreted this strip in a feminist light! she just interpreted in the light of some predator she was aware of in college. you're the one who added "feminism" to the mix.

besides which he's the fucking devil you moron of course he's being evil

also "lest it be forgotten" is the proper use of the word "lest"

also you certainly do have to back up your "opinions." that's how forums work. if you want to just spread your asscheeks and shit out "opinions," go get a blog. you didn't prove a goddamn thing, although you are providing ever more support for the idea that you can't back up your "opinions" with anything.

it would, indeed, be the anti-bullshit, altruistic thing to do.

man you are by far the most pathetic MRA troll we've ever had. at least the others would try.
filecore

Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: PHP error in MySQL at line 46

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skipping quickly past the last two pages of trolling and bullshit, I'll bring the topic back to something that we actually care about: the comic.

glitchunter wrote:
So, first of all, her blueness isn't a normal trait. All of the other kids had human skin colors.

I think it's just an artistic trick to make her character unique and stand-outy among all the others. It doesn't necessarily have a specific meaning (although I'm not denying that it might, but it doesn't seem obvious).

Gibson22 wrote:
Miss Magenta wrote:
Man, kid!D-man looks a lot like Slick. It freaks me out a little.

I don't really see too much Slick in him. I could see someone thinking that with the tie and all though.

I agree, it's probably just slightly the hair and mostly the tie - a limitation of the artistic style, and largely a coincidence. I doubt there's much meaning associated with this. It's more of a highschool bad-boy look.

Yinello wrote:
Also am I the only one who noted she had a D for harp?

I saw that too - nice touch, it implies that she had a tiny little bit of potential in good, but not very much.

Wingcap wrote:
Wait, why the hell did D have a kid with whoever-lil'e's-mother-was? He could just gone with Blue. They would have had no such problems.

I'm sure there's a whole other backstory there to look forward to :)

Wheel wrote:
One more thing, why don't their halos have little stems going down to the head like Seymour's does?

Because they're genuinely good, the honest-to-God (pun intended) holy ones who got high good points. Seymour, for all his pretence of good, often falls prey to greed and idolatry (buying things in the Jesus Shop) as well as zealousness and bigotry. He's a fanboy and a wannabe, not the genuine article; hence, his halo is as fake and wannabe as the rest of him, because he can't get (hasn't earned?) a real one.
Ember778

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadowCell wrote:
no it's not. there is no statement of "feminism" in there. nor is "feminism" all about saying "men only act compassionately because they're being manipulative." it's not saying anything like that. you are the one who claimed that that is feminism. you are the one who brought it up.

best of all, you are the one who interpreted this strip in a feminist light!

besides which he's the fucking devil you moron of course he's being evil

also "lest it be forgotten" is the proper use of the word "lest"

also you certainly do have to back up your "opinions." that's how forums work. if you want to just spread your asscheeks and shit out "opinions," go get a blog. you didn't prove a goddamn thing, although you are providing ever more support for the idea that you can't back up your "opinions" with anything.

it would, indeed, be the anti-bullshit, altruistic thing to do.

I do have to back up my opinions? That's interesting because I believe I just posted my opinions and you say I didn't back them up. Yet I don't feel any urge to do so any furthur.

Also you call the devil evil. I say he's just different. Lucifer rebelled against a tyrant. God promoted human ignorance, lucifer offered knowledge and free thought. Lucifer offers food to staring guy in the desert, but according to god he should suffer. Lucifer doesn't judge you for your actions god sends you to hell because of them.

Anyway arguing with you isn't doing anything. Just promoting more hatred. I understand you disagree with my opinions.

We shall just have to agree to disagree for this is getting us nowhere.
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you might have actually persuaded me had you posted anything to back up your opinions. but since you just crossed your arms like a petulant little child, well, there you go.

also, uh, wow, that was a pretty strained interpretation of both Sinfest (where the Devil routinely screws people over) and, uh, religion in general (where consorting with the Devil leads you to misery in this world and the next, regardless)

glad to see you're giving up though! you aren't very amusing as MRA trolls go.
Ember778

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadowCell wrote:
you might have actually persuaded me had you posted anything to back up your opinions. but since you just crossed your arms like a petulant little child, well, there you go.

also, uh, wow, that was a pretty strained interpretation of both Sinfest (where the Devil routinely screws people over) and, uh, religion in general (where consorting with the Devil leads you to misery in this world and the next, regardless)

glad to see you're giving up though! you aren't very amusing as MRA trolls go.

*sigh* I'm not trying to change your opinion. I never was. I've posted that on practically every post I've made in this thread.

And the Devil being an imaginary figure can be interpreted in any way. Has he really screwed anyone over in Sinfest? He buys people's souls, but I mean anyone who sells their soul should know the consequences of that.

A deal is a deal. If both parties agree then the trade is beneficial to both. Economics 101.
Hydra

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mellifluous wrote:
Hydra wrote:

You people are paranoid.

Also, "rape as backstory" is lazy.

Did you even read the post you were responding to, or did you just scan it, come to the word rape, and get bent out of shape?

I was using a story from real life about real people using not so subtle manipulation of emotionally vulerable women to get what they want. It's not paranoia, as it happens all the time, it's not subtle, it's not even a feminist thing, as women can and have employed the same tactic to get what they want.

It's opportunistic manipulation, and it's not so amazingly complex that young children don't know how to employ it. Fucking duh.

Real life =! fictional drama
What is commonplace in the former does not always work in the latter.
Some female crying out "I was raped" makes for terrible drama due to it being overused.
It is only tragic when it actually happens to real people for obvious reasons.

You trying to shoehorn it in is not acceptable. Big D could easily have just been a compatriot of hers. Males are capable of having platonic female friends.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 3 of 16

Jump to: