welcome to the fest
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2012-08-13: No Gods No Masters
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Dawn



Joined: 22 Mar 2010
Posts: 123
Location: Malaysia

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Halen wrote:


See, I really liked your post until you came up with this absolutely twatty bullshit.


Bullshit? How is THAT bullshit? What are you trying to fucking say here?

I know a stay at home mom with 3 children who doesn't do shit, and you wouldn't want to stay in that fucking house. I've cleaned for them several times over the year without payment, where a proper cleaning fairy would have easily earned 75 - 100 dollars because of the number of hours I've spent cleaning.
I did it for free because I felt she was overwhelmed with all the shit that goes on in that house due to the 3 children, but I gave up in the end. I've cleaned both bathrooms, kitchen with it's accompanying avalanche of dirty cutlery, fridge, microwave, mopped the floors, iced the chewing gum, vacuumed the carpets, to the point of it being (nearly) spotless, and come back two months later to a shit sty, as if I had never been there at all!

I find wrappers, cut toenails, spilt food, mud, stepped on crayons and mud on the carpeted floors.

I find dried chewing gum, leaves, mud, scuff marks on the walls and stone floor.

I find layers and layers of browned scum, mold, huge clumps of long brown hair, at least 3-4 empty shampoo and conditioner bottles on the shower floor; several bars of squashed and mushy soap, toothpaste spit on tap handles and mirrors, several half opened toothpaste tubes, dirty clothes and shoes all over the bathroom floor.

I have cleaned them all without complaint, but this time I have refused to come clean unless she disciplines her children into keeping things clean.

Her youngest daughter refuses to go to school, regularly calls her mother a bitch and tells her she hates her, threatens to call the cops on her if she dares to hit her, and refuses to do any and all chores. There's always food rotting in her room, to the point where the moment she opens her room door, it's like someone just shat.

Her middle son leaves things everywhere. Frozen pizza wrappers, empty soda bottles, half empty potato chip packets everywhere, etc. You can guess the rest. He does household chores only when asked. Doesn't take any initiative

Her eldest son refuses to do any household chores and pretty much keeps to himself in his room, day in, day out every single day. He creates the least mess, but doesn't help unless it's urgent.

So yes, a stay at home mom is very important in instilling good societal values and discipline to children. When she neglects her duty, the house goes to shit.
_________________

It's not too far removed from the little story I posted. I don't know why you would call that little story bullshit. I know real life examples of that story, hence that is why I posted it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Yinello



Joined: 10 May 2012
Posts: 2780
Location: Behind you

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuck, it's a religious debate.

*makes an Atheist safe haven couch fort and hides*

I like the comic. Nuff said.
_________________
Help. Help, my eyes are stuck from rolling so hard. Help.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Halen



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 1883
Location: England

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawn, it's the same level of ludicrous overstated bullshit the mysoginists come up with on the other side.

Your argument was great until that point. Your overdramatic representation of a non-existent hypothetical situation doesn't help anyone or anything.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dennis J. Squidbunny



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 3751
Location: AUSTRALIA YOU FAKIR

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Dawn, you forgot the shitty photo that goes with that goofball shitty 'anecdote' when you copy pasted it over from facebook.

Maybe next you would like to post some pictures of forests or mountains with Gandhi quotes written over the top of them.

Maybe you could help Halen figure out which school of Hogwarts he belongs in.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Halen



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 1883
Location: England

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hufflepuff.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dawn



Joined: 22 Mar 2010
Posts: 123
Location: Malaysia

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Halen wrote:
Dawn, it's the same level of ludicrous overstated bullshit the mysoginists come up with on the other side.

Your argument was great until that point. Your overdramatic representation of a non-existent hypothetical situation doesn't help anyone or anything.


Perhaps you just missed my explanation of knowing and working without payment for real life people whose situation is practically almost exactly that, except with older, but nearly equally out of control children.

I think what you mean is that, the fact a *mother* would allow the house to go to shit and deliberately not do anything is an 'over-dramatic representation', of things, probably means you don't know enough families and mothers who have done and are doing *precisely* that. I could put you in touch with someone who will have a LOT to say about what terrible parents many of the fathers and mothers in her community are, with one of the more recent cases of toddler children found running half naked and unsupervised while the stay at home mother on welfare lay passed out drunk at home.

She's called DoCS many times, they took the children away from the mother, but the mother just had another baby. *shrugs*
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Halen



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 1883
Location: England

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not that you've seen it Dawn, it's that you then impose it on literally everyone else as a standard and accepted world view which requires you to rail against it.

You cannot continue to force your rants against extreme minority behaviour as a standard criticism of an entire half of the species.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dawn



Joined: 22 Mar 2010
Posts: 123
Location: Malaysia

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Halen wrote:
It's not that you've seen it Dawn, it's that you then impose it on literally everyone else as a standard and accepted world view which requires you to rail against it.

You cannot continue to force your rants against extreme minority behaviour as a standard criticism of an entire half of the species.


....

The 'facebook' story, which I have seen generated a lot of agreement amongst facebook mothers, are based on some level of truth, that stay at home moms are very responsible for ensuring their children are in line, and enforcing standards of decency and education.

*shrugs* Your anger confuses and unnerves me. I don't see how misogynistic or misandrist the anecdote is. The situation described simply reflects the duties and challenges of many stay at home moms with more than one children.

As the original post I replied to questioned the usefulness of women of the past, it felt fitting I should retort with this little story as women in the past were largely stay at home moms, and I felt he was undervaluing the sustained effort and care required to keep a house running well for years with children thrown in the mix.

That is not criticism, it is simply a commentary that if stay at home moms especially with young children, neglected their duties for even a day, the potential for a house to be a complete mess and chaotic, is definitely there, thus highlighting their usefulness as in my original post.

Call me a pathetic moron, but I in all honesty see only humour in that little anecdote.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cletus



Joined: 11 Jan 2011
Posts: 148
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: PHP error

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm.

Reality zone=no gods? You sure about that?

Cause if it's true...

I might just move there.
_________________
Thus. The plane.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Halen



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 1883
Location: England

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not angry, honest.

I think your story was pointless though. your articles were good, you didn't need a silly made-up overblown story to ruin your argument.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dawn



Joined: 22 Mar 2010
Posts: 123
Location: Malaysia

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Halen wrote:
I'm not angry, honest.

I think your story was pointless though. your articles were good, you didn't need a silly made-up overblown story to ruin your argument.


You sounded angry at me.

In hindsight my articles weren't that good because he's a Catholic and thus putting forward neanderthals wasn't a good move because Humans (supposedly) came first, and no other before them.

In any case, I have discovered the beauty that is National Geographic news.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rothide



Joined: 14 Jul 2012
Posts: 852

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So when the Sisterhood wins, when can I expect things to go completely all to hell like in Bioshock?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ChastMastr



Joined: 15 Jul 2012
Posts: 473
Location: Tampa Bay, Florida, US

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawn wrote:
because he's a Catholic and thus putting forward neanderthals wasn't a good move because Humans (supposedly) came first, and no other before them.


... what are you talking about? That's a Protestant Fundamentalist position, not a Roman Catholic one.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Darqcyde



Joined: 11 Jul 2006
Posts: 10588
Location: A false vacuum abiding in ignorance.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rothide wrote:
So when the Sisterhood wins, when can I expect things to go completely all to hell like in Bioshock?


When the world goes to hell, it's most likely due to male egos. Then again, this accounts for most of history's major problems.

Currently, this is manifesting (at least here in the US) as people taking ludicrous viewpoints (what climate change?) and refusing to change them even in the face of overwhelming evidence, which in turn leads to inaction or the prevention of action by those who would take it.

Like how the price of food is going to go up A LOT this winter, and most likely not go back down.
_________________
...if a single leaf holds the eye, it will be as if the remaining leaves were not there.
http://about.me/omardrake
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Rothide



Joined: 14 Jul 2012
Posts: 852

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

... How did you get global... Nevermind...

I know I'm new, but I've read the comic for about 2 years now, and must say that Glossy and her Sisterhood just gets on my nerves...

I agree that women need more equality, that they need to stand up for themselves and need to be payed equally, and a few more aspects that were brought up I believe in.

I just find the way they are doing things are either hamfisted, or just innefective.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group