welcome to the fest
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2012-08-13: No Gods No Masters
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Adyon



Joined: 27 May 2012
Posts: 1168
Location: Behind my Cintiq

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawn wrote:
Halen wrote:
I'm not angry, honest.

I think your story was pointless though. your articles were good, you didn't need a silly made-up overblown story to ruin your argument.


You sounded angry at me.

In hindsight my articles weren't that good because he's a Catholic and thus putting forward neanderthals wasn't a good move because Humans (supposedly) came first, and no other before them.

In any case, I have discovered the beauty that is National Geographic news.
Actually Christian text doesn't specifically state anything about the creation of animals. The most it talks about is his "6 days" to create the heavens and the earth. Of which, a lot of Christians even have been debating about a lot of things said in the Bible for years. Many have believed that the way scriptures were written aren't an exact thing. The idea that things are so specific and that words carry great meaning was brought about due to Catholicism a long time ago when they were deciding what scripts to put in/leave out. Also there was a lot of re-designed texts and different translations. Basically, the Bible is very open for debate how much of it actually comes through anymore and how much of it was just "neat wording" used in its various translations, because they liked the way it sounded. So, even evolution is possible under it. Maybe not to extent evolutionists theorize, but there's room for people to have been more primitive. Not to mention the Bible also makes reference that there would have been others that existed besides Adam and Eve, even though Christian leaders have decided to not believe that and simply omit talking about it.

Basically, Christianity is like anything. Even if you believe it, most of its true history is lost to time. Unfortunately, try convincing fundies that the Bible shouldn't be taken word for word, that homosexuals aren't the scourge of the Earth, and that some of it might be mis-translated, etc. Heck, just try reminding them that Jesus said "Love thy neighbor" and the whole line about whoever's blamess casting the first stone. That always goes over SO well. "Yeah I know Jesus said that, but it also states here in this one...obscure passage about homosexuals, at least in this one city. Hurr."

But I don't think the neanderthal thing went over too bad with him. He seems to be more the open-minded more faith in what he believes, not what some old people translated, type of Catholic. Wink

I actually enjoyed the story. It probably didn't help your argument, but it was humorous to read. I guess the reason I didn't see it as bad, was I took it as a joke based on truths.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Lich Mong



Joined: 31 May 2012
Posts: 475

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, Tat thinks -in reality- the atheists are right.

I find this comic interesting since in it Tat seems to also be stating the simple truth that it's his fault the Sinfest universe is sexist.

Heretical Rants wrote:
Nah, we don't get any new information from this comic. We already knew the Devil couldn't go into the Reality Zone, so why would The Hand In The Sky have any influence there either?
The comic made it seem like he was at lest acting like he COULD enter, but did not want to. I do think it's clear that he could not use any of his powers in there.


(I like how Slick is just as tall as Monique in there)

We know demidevils can BE in there, at least.

He's still got his horns.
_________________
A MtG Webcomic
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ronald



Joined: 17 Sep 2007
Posts: 3358

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering the directions the strip's been taking lately, I wonder what sort of difference people who actually interact physically with Tat have been noticing in him over the past few months.

===

It just occurred to me: Glossy only made Her Triumphant Return to the strip in the same timeframe that Li'l E lost his (for lack of a better word) personality. Might've been interesting to see her or Curly or some other Sister interact with Li'l E as he was before.

Something else that might be intriguing is to see Glossy or Curly or some other Sister interacting with Ezekiel and Ariel, who, aside from gender, are practically clones of each other and have probably never had a serious difference of opinion on anything in their eternal lives. Who knows what sort of opinions they'd have about porn?

If Pebbles can exist in The Reality Zone, it's at least possible that Ezekiel and Ariel can, too. I wonder how tall they'd be in it.

Really, I'd like to see more interaction between the cliques. A while back, we had 'Nique chatting with Fuchsia, and I wondered if Liberty might join the conversation. Maybe Glossy will drive by and join it instead. Or maybe Ariel will swoop down to do so, I don't think we've ever seen Ariel talk to anybody without Ezekiel around (Ezekiel has spoken to Slick a few times without Ariel around).

That's most of the cliques right there: Main Mortal Cast, Devils, Angels, Sisterhood, Miscellaneous (Liberty).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rothide



Joined: 14 Jul 2012
Posts: 852

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait, does that mean that God CAN be in the reality zone, its just that he's the passive observer, acting more like Himself in the real world, rather than the hand in the sky in the Sinfest world?

So when Glossie goes into the reality zone, she just says "No God" when actually she just can't see him since he's not active?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lich Mong



Joined: 31 May 2012
Posts: 475

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronald wrote:
If Pebbles can exist in The Reality Zone, it's at least possible that Ezekiel and Ariel can, too. I wonder how tall they'd be in it.
MAN I completely forgot about that comic.

Yeah, her hat caught on fire BECAUSE she was a demon and had holy stuff on as well as being covered in angel dust.


That seems in DIRECT canon conflict from the statements made in this current comic....

now I'm all confused....
.....
.....
Did Tat convert from spiritualism to atheism in the last year? Or is Glossy just misinformed?
_________________
A MtG Webcomic


Last edited by Lich Mong on Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Adyon



Joined: 27 May 2012
Posts: 1168
Location: Behind my Cintiq

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rothide wrote:
Wait, does that mean that God CAN be in the reality zone, its just that he's the passive observer, acting more like Himself in the real world, rather than the hand in the sky in the Sinfest world?

So when Glossie goes into the reality zone, she just says "No God" when actually she just can't see him since he's not active?

Now we'd be getting freaking deep with our observations of all this. Haha, I wonder if Tat would even think to go this deep or if he's just like, "Dude, this is the Reality Zone. Hand in the sky can't go in either, cause obviously that would be a fun twist and would send the forum into endless debate, which I revel in! I feed upon it for power and nourishment! MWAHAHAHAAAAAAA!"

Maybe my Tat impersonation is...pretty bad.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Adyon



Joined: 27 May 2012
Posts: 1168
Location: Behind my Cintiq

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lich Mong wrote:

That seems in DIRECT canon conflict from the statements made in this current comic....

now I'm all confused....
.....
.....
Did Tat convert from spiritualism to atheism in the last year? Or is Glossy just misinformed?

Since Glossy is technically not a deity, she could just be going by her own beliefs, or as was theorized by Rothide, if it was truly a mirror of our own reality, God would no longer be someone who actually interacts with people. So thus, no real control. But I stand by the fact that Tat may also be screwing with us, and that the Reality Zone may be more than it seems. Maybe not, but we'll see.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Lich Mong



Joined: 31 May 2012
Posts: 475

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do I feel like the ending of Sinfest will be all of the characters moving to the reality zone?
_________________
A MtG Webcomic
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Giza



Joined: 16 Apr 2008
Posts: 10

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Tat gives a fuck.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Darqcyde



Joined: 11 Jul 2006
Posts: 10626
Location: A false vacuum abiding in ignorance.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rothide wrote:
... How did you get global... Nevermind...

I know I'm new, but I've read the comic for about 2 years now, and must say that Glossy and her Sisterhood just gets on my nerves...

I agree that women need more equality, that they need to stand up for themselves and need to be payed equally, and a few more aspects that were brought up I believe in.

I just find the way they are doing things are either hamfisted, or just innefective.

What do you mean? It's simple. One political side in the US said that climate change was going on. The other, therefore, HAD to take an opposing view point. In the face of what could happen, worst case scenario and what not, there should have been immediate and significant response on the part of the US Government when climate change was first recognized. Instead, the issue has gotten buried in a sea of petty bickering and squabbling (thank you Fox news and your misinformation dissemination system) and the major issue is instead the economy, which frankly is WAY more affected by corporations and wealthy individuals than it is by any sort of attempted Government control, namely because it gets bogged down in the legislative process of the bureaucracy and therefore Government controls are slow to take effect. In contrast, a single CEO could make decisions on much shorter time tables (like building a new factory that will employ 20,000 people or shutting one down) and therefore have a greater immediate effect, whether good or bad.

Dust Bowl 2.0 is a comin', and it's WAY scarier (Now with diseases!) than any economic or social bullshit.

But like I said, male egos are preventing effective decisions from being made so we can all just sit and watch as we're paying $5 for a gallon of milk come next year. But I could be wrong, and that would be great.

BTW, this is even taking into account special interest and outright bribes.
_________________
...if a single leaf holds the eye, it will be as if the remaining leaves were not there.
http://about.me/omardrake


Last edited by Darqcyde on Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:48 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
DarkMyste



Joined: 16 Sep 2010
Posts: 108

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:44 pm    Post subject: Re: 2012-08-13: No Gods No Masters Reply with quote

Heretical Rants wrote:



I'm Heretical Rants and I approve of this character.


Sinfestverse savvy and defyin' that patriarchy


as do, i approve of this character
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
DarkMyste



Joined: 16 Sep 2010
Posts: 108

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miss Magenta wrote:
Adyon wrote:
(Seymore)

*Seymour.

Adyon wrote:
Also, she looks much older here, but still not 100% definable...So let the Age Wars begin!! (Or...continue........technically...) *cough*


Well, uh. In one strip she road a legitimate motorcycle - and you've got to be at least somewhere around the ages of 16 to 18 to ride a motorcycle... added with the fact that she's got the same proportions that Nique, Slick, Crim and Li'l E all have in the reality zone... and they're all about 16 or older...

Wink


trike... not motorcycle normally means 2 wheels, as with the big-wheels that we see her rollaround on i would have to assume that its trike that she uses but looks like bigwheel bike in sinfest zone but in reality zone its adult trike i.e three wheel{motor bike}
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Miss Magenta



Joined: 09 Jun 2011
Posts: 2054
Location: im probably asleep right now

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarkMyste wrote:
trike... not motorcycle normally means 2 wheels, as with the big-wheels that we see her rollaround on i would have to assume that its trike that she uses but looks like bigwheel bike in sinfest zone but in reality zone its adult trike i.e three wheel{motor bike}


She usually rides a trike, yes. But in one strip she rides a two-wheeled motorcycle. It was not a permanent thing, and she went back to the trike afterwards. But the fact remains.



Calligraphy strips don't actually stray too far from canon, and I do not see a third wheel there.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Ronald



Joined: 17 Sep 2007
Posts: 3358

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adyon wrote:
I wonder if Tat would even think to go this deep or if he's just like, "Dude, this is the Reality Zone. Hand in the sky can't go in either


Well, it partially depends on far up into the sky The Reality Zone extends, I guess. Maybe it's like some sort of invisible semi-tangible dome OSLT.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rothide



Joined: 14 Jul 2012
Posts: 852

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not going to get into an argument about global warming, mostly because if it IS happening, we will do two things, stop it or cannot stop it. I'm not worried cause I have Faith. If we can stop it, all well in good, if we can't? My belief in God tells me that He has the final say in when the universe ends, and he's the one in charge of the universe, he's going to create a new heaven and earth after everything's done, so even if we can't fix it. It wont really matter in the end.

That't not to say I don't think we should fight pollution and things directly harming the world, I'm also suppose to be a steward of the earth, I'm in charge of keeping it healthy and well, and will take action to keep it healthy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group