welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2012-08-15: Badass
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ronald

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miss Magenta wrote:
Ronald wrote:
Am I the only one who was suddenly, out of nowhere, struck by the notion that they're brother and sister?

I beat you to the punch, motherfucker.

Well, that was out of nowhere back then, though. Not the same thing. Wink
Holocauxt

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronald wrote:
I know almost nothing about anime (I have enough trouble keeping track of American culture) so I can tell I'm going to NOT be getting quite a few jokes on this thread. So it goes.

MACROSS: A Mecha/Space Opera anime made by Shoji Kawamori. Known for its recurring theme of Love Triangles.

ROBOTECH: Something Macross fans want to forget that ever existed.

PROTOCULTURE: What the aliens in the Macross universe call Human beings.

That's the gist of it.
Opinions are like ass holes: everybody has them. Sometimes they're clean... sometimes they stink... and sometimes they're just full of shit. But if you love shoving yours up on other people's faces, then you're a fucking whore.
ChastMastr

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a huge anime fan but never got into Macross/Robotech/Star Blazers at all, myself...
Kylra

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This comic is so awesome I am sharing it with everyone.
Holocauxt

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait, scratch that. Macross' recurring theme is the Space Idols and the power of song. Love Triangles is more like Kawamori's signature style.
Opinions are like ass holes: everybody has them. Sometimes they're clean... sometimes they stink... and sometimes they're just full of shit. But if you love shoving yours up on other people's faces, then you're a fucking whore.
Yinello

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Guy is an excellent name. Also this comic is awesome.
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChastMastr wrote:
I'm a huge anime fan but never got into Macross/Robotech/Star Blazers at all, myself...

I got into it back in kindergarten when it originally aired in the US. My SDF was one of my most treasured toys for most of my childhood.

Also it's all Maccross, Robotech was the name for the original US release. I was also a big fan of the Palladium RPG table top game as well, it's part of Rifts. Nothing kicked more ass in the Robotech worlds than using a character made with the TMNT source book.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Mr Zero

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"spittake gif not found". Is this a prank? A Robotech mention in Sinfest? RT was an anime from so many years ago. It's all One Piece and Naruto now. I loved RT. For fun I still look at traffic and imagine those little electric bikes with a white paint job and a triangular front wheel guard. (RT Southern Cross) Though I'd imagine Guy Fruit to be voiced more like Max. Not a 'gay' thing on Max's voiceacting, Guy is just soft-voiced with a personality like a loose knit sweater. Comfortable and fluffy.
-
Holocauxt
PROTOCULTURE: What the aliens in the Macross universe call their 'our power source is different'. It's Space Orchid soup. They lost theirs and it was on the human's ship. They may have called the lesser cultures of other races 'proto-culture' as in unfinished, just starting, nacient- and was probably an understandable writer's error as they probably hadn't been allowed to read ahead in the original version and thought it was a sociology thing.
MICRONIANS: What the big aliens in the Macross universe call Human beings.
-------
Yorick

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darqcyde wrote:
ChastMastr wrote:

I got into it back in kindergarten when it originally aired in the US. My SDF was one of my most treasured toys for most of my childhood.

Also it's all Maccross, Robotech was the name for the original US release. I was also a big fan of the Palladium RPG table top game as well, it's part of Rifts. Nothing kicked more ass in the Robotech worlds than using a character made with the TMNT source book.

Macross is the name of the original anime that made up the first half of Robotech. The other half is from two other animes. Robotech is not all Macross.
[/snob]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: