welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2012-08-18 Witches brew
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lich Mong

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holocauxt wrote:
The dude deserves to be happy, not get laid. Getting laid would probably too good for him and that will be the last Sinfest strip... ever.
This web-comic's premise prevents Slick from getting into a meaningful relationship with anyone. Holding hands in the friend-zone is the closest it will ever come for him.

Li'l Evil can become good; Fuchsia can become a sweet girlfriend; 'Nique can lose her confidence and get it back again, while going from slut to feminist. Pigs can fly; down can become up and up can become down, but Slick can't get into a fulfilling relationship. The rules of the Sinfest universe simply will not allow for such an occurrence.

Tat would have to... IDK, get married or something before Slick could find true love.

Last edited by Lich Mong on Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:40 am; edited 1 time in total
leutchi

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronald wrote:
"tongue of dog"?! Watch out, Pooch!

Run Pooch, Run!

Slick has made ground though; in comparison to where he was 12 years ago, he has certainly matured (to a degree) and become a more....human (?) character? Not the word I'm looking for, but unsure what to say. He's definitely become better than he was.
Holocauxt

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lich Mong wrote:
Tat would have to... IDK, get married or something before Slick could find true love.

I'm gonna need Miss Magenta, a keg of beer, some weed, fireworks, and the Hanging Gardens...
Opinions are like ass holes: everybody has them. Sometimes they're clean... sometimes they stink... and sometimes they're just full of shit. But if you love shoving yours up on other people's faces, then you're a fucking whore.
Miss Magenta

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At your service, sir!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dragging the government into something that is a matter between two people who are in love. WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT? This is why relationships fail in the first place.

Shame on you "Lich Mong" for even suggesting it.
I don't want our great leader to suffer from heartbreak.
Instead, I suggest that we throw our money at him. That will show him who's boss. Maybe if we throw it hard enough, maybe he'll stop talking about vaginas in every freaking comic. Freaking cunt-fiend.

Somehow, this will be twisted around out of context and I'll be labeled as the misogynistic douche. Whatever bro.
Mikewee777

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Double post
iskandar

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its times like these when I wonder when the f*ck is tat going to give enough of a damn to post a mod for the forums. that ways idiots like the person above me get removed and you don't have people waiting for a month to join in because you have to weed out spammers.
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikewee777 wrote:
Double post

you can delete those, you know
Mikewee777

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Heretical Rants"][quote="Mikewee777"]Double post[/quote]

you can delete those, you know[/quote]

How do I do that? Wouldn't it be easier if I'm just banned?
Yinello

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sudden butthurt is sudden.

I love this strip. I would like to try that concoction.
Wingcap

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikewee777 wrote:
Heretical Rants wrote:
Mikewee777 wrote:
Double post

you can delete those, you know

How do I do that? Wouldn't it be easier if I'm just banned?

I'm leaving, and when I come back, this thread will have 13+ pages, and will be a firey wasteland.

Also, good comic. The bartender seems to enjoy her job at least, which is good. One wonders why the place is empty. Probably closing time.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:47 am    Post subject: alchemy and secrets Reply with quote

About that whole 'eye of newt, toe of frog thing'. Alchemists were secretive by nature. They didn't write their recipes (for want of a better word) in the clear. They substituted code words for elements in the chemical reaction. So they did not literally use 'tongue of dog' but rather that stood for a certain chemical or element.

Issac Newton was deeply into alchemy, (he was a really way out there dude if you've ever read about his life). He wrote about and dedicated years of his life to alchemy and the search for the elixir of life. He wrote a book about alchemy and the codes words and secret phrases that ancient alchemists used.
bitflipper

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:48 pm    Post subject: Re: alchemy and secrets Reply with quote

Wheel wrote:
Issac Newton was deeply into alchemy, (he was a really way out there dude if you've ever read about his life).

Yeah, but Billy Shakespeare was just a lousy cook.
Arc Tempest

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Days like today just make me think about how far Tat has come as an artist. Panel one in particular is just awesome.
Gibson22

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lich Mong wrote:
Li'l Evil can become good; Fuchsia can become a sweet girlfriend; 'Nique can lose her confidence and get it back again, while going from slut to feminist. Pigs can fly; down can become up and up can become down, but Slick can't get into a fulfilling relationship. The rules of the Sinfest universe simply will not allow for such an occurrence.

I agree with Lich Mong...totally sad but true. That'd be an epic closing...like Steve Urkel finally marrying Laura Winslow in "Family Matters". O_O (And yes folks, it DID happen).

Oh, and Cody from "Step-by-Step" was going to hook up with Dana until he beat his wife in real life and got fired from the show. :O
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: