welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Checking in, checking out
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Miss Magenta

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im pretty sure its spelled fuchsia not fuschia but ok

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChastMastr wrote:
iskandar wrote:
Allow me to train you in the art of professional wrestling

Yes... wrestling... big, burly, hairy, sweaty men, their bodies lightly clad in tight briefs or body-hugging spandex unitards... or Greek-style... writhing aggressively together, groaning, moaning... until one of them ... submits...

Heeeeey, are you subtly implying that my and my old brothers in the fine profession of professional wrestling were in it because we had repressed homosexual urges? Not to mention, its not the submitting that gave the most...satisfaction. It was pinning down squirming youg men at their physical peak that was my favorite.

Miss Magenta wrote:
i think he has repressed homosexual urges

I have no clue as to where you might be getting this from.

ShadowCell wrote:
iskandar sure is concerned with what other men do with their penises

I am just doing a public service by making sure they are protected at all times. Considering this is a typicl scene from the life I have lived, I hope you can understand the sentiment:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Etotg3S3BeI

On the one hand, yes we were (God its been a long time, nearly 30 years, of course it was just long enough for my wife to get used to me looking like a wrestler and note to all you young people, heavy work outs at the age of 58 SUCK) extremely muscular burly men in tight tights. On the other hand, goddammit we kicked so much ass (this was back in the day before the fact it was fake really got out, so 1- we actually had to hit each other pretty hard to keep up the facade and 2- had to deal with dumbass punks picking fights in bars).

This is what Iskandar's man camp means for you, Ktern and Dogen: Muscles, Manliness, Martial Arts, Massive Meals of Meat AND MISS MAGENTA!

In short, prepared for a concentrated dose of pure America. to the spleen.

on a side note, could someone please pass a hint to my wife that I'm 58 now and that its asking a bit much to expect me to keep up my old wrestling level of fitness?
ktern

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no lie i just finished working out and i'm chomping a protein bar right now
iskandar

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ktern wrote:
no lie i just finished working out and i'm chomping a protein bar right now

is that "protein bar" made of an angry texas longhorn that you killed yourself with nothing but your skull (bare hands are for SISSIES!)? No, did not think so. Man camp starts in three days.
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guy kicks ass too
iskandar

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heretical Rants wrote:
Guy kicks ass too

yes, but he could kick even more ass after attending the man camp of manliness. I do not discriminate upon sexual preference, the greeks kicked a ton of ass too and Lincoln was most likely bisexual if not gay. He too went to my man camp. To make sure what Ktern and Dogen are going to experience, here is a short syllabus:

Day 1:
Short lesson on Theodore Roosevelt.
Bear Wrestling.
Gorilla Wrestling.
Bearilla Wrestling.
Lunch (the bear)
Meditation
Learning that just because the class says meditation does not mean one should drop their guard.
Gorilla Wrestling II The Reckoning.
Dinner (angry texas longhorn).

Day 2:
Short lesson on Abraham Lincoln
Meeting zombie lincoln
Trying to last more than 30 seconds in the ring of honor with zombie lincoln
Failing
Learning that failure is not unmanly.
Shotgun and zombie killing lessons.
Zombie Lincoln Round two (the guy steals all my stove pipe hats).
Lunch: Salad
Learning to complain when given salad and demanding meat.
Real lunch: steak fried steak with steak fries and a seltzer water.
Weight lifting (guess who gets to help me move concrete for a containing wall?)
Dinner: a free skydive into the middle of the serengetti with nothing but a toothpick.

Day 3:
Learn to survive in the serengetti until such time as I get bored fighting elephants and come to get you.

Day 4:
Learning that death is no excuse to not finish the fight with the lion that just killed you.

In short: not only will you have committed wanton acts of mass cruelty against animals, you will have also sent your cholesterol through the roof and given the mercy of the grave back to one of our finest presidents. And then gotten eaten by a lion. In short, you will be a real man.
boozies

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For what it's worth:

I also closely identify with a 'femme' lifestyle. At first, upon learning about Monique's new 'do, I did feel a twinge of sadness. Part of Monique's charm as It Girl was the balance between her sexuality, confidence, and self-satisfaction. Somehow, androgyny does seem like a rejection of femininity, and I don't like to really attach a negative stigma to femininity or any gender performance in general. But personal feelings about the expression of femininity aside, Tat has showed us a character who has struggled with various aspects of patriarchy and is seeking to deconstruct the notion of gender by altering her appearance. Monique's guilt sometimes frustrates me. I've found it troublesome that Monique somehow felt guilt for tempting other men into Hell, although the idea of her appeal being such that even Big D wanted to employ her was amusing.

I think there's room for other manifestations of a young feminist's approach to the patriarchy. There are a lot of women in this comic, old and young, that we're revisiting and beginning to meet and getting to know better. Hopefully along with that, Tat will present us with a more full portrait of feminism.
Dogen

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man camp? Sounds boring. If it's not coed, I'm not going. Plus I don't really give a shit about manliness... impressing other men is pretty low on my list of priorities. Good luck with that, though!
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'M MANLIER THAN TEN MAN-CAMPS COMBINED

Last edited by Heretical Rants on Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:47 am; edited 1 time in total
iskandar

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogen wrote:
Man camp? Sounds boring. If it's not coed, I'm not going. Plus I don't really give a shit about manliness... impressing other men is pretty low on my list of priorities. Good luck with that, though!

translation: dear zombie lincoln, I sit upon the y chromosome so bountifully granted to me through the grace of my one true savior, theodore "sex, steak and manifest destiny" roosevelt. please come to my house and drag em kicking and screaming to a place wherein I may embrace such a bounty.

Heretical Rants wrote:

No it cannot be, any manlier and it would create a vortex in the time-man continuum!

boozies wrote:
I also closely identify with a 'femme' lifestyle.

man camp.

Last edited by iskandar on Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iskandar wrote:

Heretical Rants wrote:

No it cannot be, any manlier and it would create a vortex in the time-man continuum!

iskandar

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heretical Rants wrote:
[

YOU FOOL! YOU HAVE DOOMED US ALL! THE MANPOCALYPSE HAS BEGUN SOON ALL THAT WILL BE LEFT ON THIS EARTH IS STEAK AND BIKINI MODELS!

(and now my wife just slapped me on the back of the head because of the stupidity of my comment)

its midnight. we're on vacation. its time to go to bed. stupidity I have grown to tolerate, keeping me up all night, no. he is going to bed now. good night everyone.
ktern

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ooh mustache monocles. i've got those too Very Happy

iskandar wrote:
its midnight. we're on vacation. its time to go to bed. stupidity I have grown to tolerate, keeping me up all night, no. he is going to bed now. good night everyone.

now this is some manly posting
Dawn

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FemEagle wrote:
On top of that, the hetero vibe of the strip is being forcibly converted into the metro/homo/pseudo-pro-bono sexuality of the current political clime, which, by the way, is on the verge of being mowed down by a mighty swing of the societal pendulum

Metrosexual? Didn't see any of the men put on makeup, or use moisturizer, male products, wax/shave/laser any unsightly hair off themselves, nor put on eyeliner etc. More significantly, I don't see any male Sinfest character going for a manicure/pedicure!!!

Homosexual? - So you say you're a feminist but are protesting the fact that homosexuals are prominently presented in the more recent strips? Feminists and homo/transsexuals tend to be really sympathetic to each other's plight.

Pseudo-pro-bono? - Is that a bad thing? I'm sure your everyday heroes do stuff pro-bono. I, my significant others, friends and family have certainly have done stuff that can be considered pro-bono.

Also, why do you say 'pro-bono sexuality'? A quick google search tells me that there is no such thing as 'pro-bono sexuality', unless you mean pro-bono sexual advice.

I don't think you know what you're talking about, or are even reading the strip correctly.

So what is wrong with a homosexual angle on the comic? It's actually *really* refreshing that he's talking about a marginalized group of people who aren't hurting anybody

*shrugs* Go on, insult me like you insulted everyone else, why don't you. I'm a female, and a feminist myself, and I think you have no idea what you are talking about in that quote.

Last edited by Dawn on Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
*removed because removed*

{commentary removed}

Last edited by Heretical Rants on Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:57 am; edited 2 times in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: