welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2012-08-26: Friend Zone 4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ronald

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChastMastr wrote:
This is so cool! I loved this one! I want to see her go into the Friend Zone and be happy... Smile

We don't really know that she's unhappy per se. She's kind of down in this strip, but this is just one part of one day. Everybody's down now and then.

It's sort of a cliche that strippers/exotic dancers "can't" be happy with their lives the way they are, and Tat goes against more cliches than he goes along with.

Plus there's always her co-performer "Citrine," aka Yellow What's-With-the-Just-One-Big-Horn Devil Girl or variations thereof. Are they only co-workers or also friends, maybe even Friends With Benefits? Who knows? Well, Tat, obviously...

http://www.sinfest.net/archive_page.php?comicID=4142
Nevamore

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tricksterson wrote:
For the new devil girl's name i vote Deep Bllue

I like Miss Magenta's suggestion of Miss Lazuli. It seems to fit her (from what I know so far)
Tinrac

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:55 pm    Post subject: (v_v) Reply with quote

Where`s comic zombie guy (i forget what you guys call him) No friends yet? (ToT) he could have been included in the corner with his picture filled stolen books
Miss Magenta

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tricksterson wrote:
Who is Glossy?

We refer ro miss blondie trike-y pants as Glossy around these parts, son.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miss Magenta wrote:
MerchManDan wrote:
Pretty sure Delakando was being sarcastic.

I'unno, he sounded legitimate to me. If he was sarcastic, cool. I might apologize, but if he ain't, then there really ain't any sort of loss to be had.

I love the way people are all "Give Delkando the benefit of the doubt for not saying something sexist and horrible" despite the fact that most all of his posts regarding the feminist arc have been both sexist and horrible.
Ambaryerno

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm of the impression that Slick and Devil Slick are two separate entities. Somehow. We've certainly SEEN Devil Slick acting independently of regular Slick in at least one strip.
TragicallyUnhip

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:21 pm    Post subject: Interesting Reply with quote

So - apparently the only way we can be happy is to never desire sex and be totally infantilized in a childish playground setting?

The thing is the strip consciously deals with Very Serious Issues now in a Very Serious way, and so there is now always a Very Serious Message. The actors are child-sized and proportioned, and the props and surroundings and activities of the "Friend Zone" are all grade-school appropriate. So, what other message are we to get here than a desire to retreat from sexual adulthood and regress to an imagined state of childish innocence? That's fine and dandy, but what about actually being grown-up about the whole thing? Where is there a genuine, healthy adult relationship amid all this fantasy preachy stuff? What's the real solution to sexism other than the construction of a Patriarchal boogeyman that needs to be taken down by granite-faced little girls on Big Wheels?

Just a thought.
EmptyOnion

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sisterhood jokes seem cool... but what about the Brotherhood? I need to go buy an assassins creed game one of these days.
KDX

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Interesting Reply with quote

TragicallyUnhip wrote:
So - apparently the only way we can be happy is to never desire sex and be totally infantilized in a childish playground setting?

The thing is the strip consciously deals with Very Serious Issues now in a Very Serious way, and so there is now always a Very Serious Message. The actors are child-sized and proportioned, and the props and surroundings and activities of the "Friend Zone" are all grade-school appropriate. So, what other message are we to get here than a desire to retreat from sexual adulthood and regress to an imagined state of childish innocence? That's fine and dandy, but what about actually being grown-up about the whole thing? Where is there a genuine, healthy adult relationship amid all this fantasy preachy stuff? What's the real solution to sexism other than the construction of a Patriarchal boogeyman that needs to be taken down by granite-faced little girls on Big Wheels?

Just a thought.

Huh, never really notice before, we are missing that archetype, a "good" male character who isn't innocent, gay, or the Son of God.

Then again we don't really have a "normal" adult female either. Got the Devil girls, the rebellious Sisterhood, and the various targets of Slicks man-boyhood.

The closest thing we have to an adult relationship is Sam and Liberty, problem is it's not a "healthy" relationship. So the question is valid.

Where is the normal male/female role-model happy relationship that isn't juvenile in nature? It honestly might help cool the flames caused by a lot of the battle between the Sexist Pigs vs. the Feminazis on the board.

Cue my involuntary placement into one of the aforementioned groups in 3...2....1...

P.S. Delakando was being sarcastic...he was insinuating that the Feminazis believe any relationship beyond friends is demeaning to women. It's funny because, they do actually believe this, and it's stupid.

Cue my involuntary placement in with the Sexist Pigs because I dared to defend men and/or normal/healthy interaction between men and women. Actually....know what...if you're male and breathing that makes you a Sexist Pig.

P.S.S I hope Miss Lazuli is able to get into and find some comfort from the friend zone. The reality of paying your bills is constant, but everyone needs a place to go to for themselves, and it looks like she could really use a break.

Last edited by KDX on Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ronald

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Interesting Reply with quote

KDX wrote:
P.S. Delakando was being sarcastic...he was insinuating that the Feminazis believe any relationship beyond friends is demeaning to women. It's funny because, they do actually believe this, and it's stupid.

I've been declared an Honorary Feminazi, a title I wear with reasonable pride, and I don't believe any such thing.
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boy, some people are really threatened by the idea of relationships between males and females that aren't based on power and sex
Monkey Mcdermott

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadowCell wrote:
boy, some people are really threatened by the idea of relationships between males and females that aren't based on power and sex

Pretty creepy isn't it.
Monkey Mcdermott

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But really, its the same thought error that has people worried about gay marriage ruining the sanctity of marriage. If relationships that aren't about sex and power and romance aren't featured in the comic, all those relationships are devalued don'tcha know?
Monkey Mcdermott

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's also completely unfair that there isn't a straight, sexual, "good guy" male character, because yknow, heterosexual males don't get enough media time.
Monkey Mcdermott

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But also, Tat isn't living up to his governmentally mandated requirement for equal time in points of view in the comic, and since it's obviously a news site a lack of being "fair and balanced" is a definite negative.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: