welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2012-08-26: Friend Zone 4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChastMastr

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dennis J. Squidbunny wrote:
I am also totally confused, unless Dawn is saying she is afraid of men who enjoy things called 'Wolverotica', and have tasteful nude barbarian posters on their wall?

Well, when I told the movers what the phallocrypts were, they were a tad creeped out and refused to touch them. Laughing

Oh, and androphobia is a real pre-existing phobia, like gynophobia. But I don't know if Dawn means she has an actual phobia per se, so I await her response to all our responses. Smile
iskandar

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChastMastr wrote:
Dennis J. Squidbunny wrote:
I am also totally confused, unless Dawn is saying she is afraid of men who enjoy things called 'Wolverotica', and have tasteful nude barbarian posters on their wall?

Well, when I told the movers what the phallocrypts were, they were a tad creeped out and refused to touch them. Laughing

Oh, and androphobia is a real pre-existing phobia, like gynophobia. But I don't know if Dawn means she has an actual phobia per se, so I await her response to all our responses. Smile

dear God in heaven thinking about this made me realize how homo-erotic classic high/swords and sandals/low fantasy is.
ChastMastr

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iskandar wrote:
dear God in heaven thinking about this made me realize how homo-erotic classic high/swords and sandals/low fantasy is.

Why, yes. Yes, it is. Very Happy
Vancore

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChastMastr wrote:
Heretical Rants wrote:
I'm especially confused that ChastMastr would be on that list

Me too!! *bafflement*

Yer guilty by association!

By the way how can you call them men? They are obviously genderless internet forum goers the same as everyone else. Your only Male or Female on the internet if you want to be otherwise your a Personality.
Dawn

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChastMastr wrote:
This really confuses me, Dawn:

Dawn wrote:
. . . why I am so afraid of 'males' today, and why I would never choose to interact with certain kinds of males, and why I automatically become oblivious to flirtatious and sexual comments from the few of my male friends (maybe two so far) who dared pulled that on me, and generally shut them out of my life.

. . .

And walla! ALL my male friends except my boyfriend are in the 'friend zone', where they may have romantic/sexual feelings for me, but are *man* enough to recognize and respect a woman's wish to want to stay friends.

So... despite your positive experience with all of your male friends who aren't your boyfriend... you're afraid of males today. Wha???

You who quoted me, did not read about me 'shutting out' certain men that I've met (which strongly implies negative experiences with them), and generally *NEVER CHOOSE* to interact with a lot of men, which of course results in more positive experiences, but only with a select few, because I know precisely how bad the rest of them can be.

Aka: You fucking slut! Gimme a kiss down under! Crotch wiggling at me, more recently, two complete strangers trying to intimidate me by putting their face right in front of mine as I walk past them and saying 'FUCK YOU', despite the fact that I've never even seen them before, and they look like they know me.

The scariest part was a group of *school boys* *pressuring* one of their 'friends' to sleep with a girl who didn't want to sleep with him. The guy protested "But it's not fun, if she doesn't want to", they ignored that and said 'She's just playing hard to get. She wants you. Come on, just get it on, she can't say no". These are 16-17 year old high school going boys.

Yeah. I'm scared.

My list was not meant to be exhaustive. I put you there because I read something which alarmed the heck out of me which you posted. I may have interpreted your post wrongly, just as you have interpreted mine wrongly. If I have, I apologize.
Flavius Maximus

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sunember123 wrote:
Flavius Maximus wrote:
But If Kcils can't get into the friend zone then she can't either Crying or Very sad

Nah,Pebbles gets in just fine.I think to enter friend zone you must not have thoughts of sex or romance like Kcils.

Yes, You Are Right. I Missed That. Pebbles Has Always Been A Special Case Wink
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

teenage boys are terrible and some of them never grow out of it
iskandar

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heretical Rants wrote:

teenagers in general, the terribleness just manifests itself in different ways.
Yinello

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry you have a fear for men Dawn. If it helps, read a ton of articles of people trying to change the system.
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iskandar wrote:
Heretical Rants wrote:

teenagers in general, the terribleness just manifests itself in different ways.

indeed
Succubus1982

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flavius Maximus wrote:
A Not So New Challenger Appears -- Lapis lazuli

She Looks Like She could Use A Friend Very Happy

Lily is afraid of the slide Razz

I do like the 'Lazuli' part but the options so far are Indigo(Indy), Cobalt, Lapis Lazuli (Lazuli), Ultramarine (Marine) I don't think she's dark enough to be 'Navy' (plus thats kinda sucky). And probably too dark for 'Azure'. Any other suggestions?

Also I find two things about this strip interesting. One the fact that other devil girls get into this zone fine but it actively repels Devil Slick. I wonder why..... Perhaps because he is from the Mirror Zone? Or is the friend zone based on intentions and only those who intend good can get in? If thats the case maybe it's not the feminists forcing Crim and Fuschia to 'just be friends' maybe it's their own selfconcious will holding them at a stalemate. They are both so shy afterall and Fuschia is still so uncertain of herself in the new world.

The second thing that interests me is the focus on Curly in this group rather than Glossy. Wonder what the significance of that is. Curly will be Indigo's new saviour? Maybe she'll set her up with Squig?
Miss Magenta

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indigo is much more purple than our cerulean colored devil girl is. And Ultramarine is much too light of a color. So it's down to just Colbat, Cerulean, Lapis Lazuli and I actually think that she could work Azure.

I think it's possible that it means that Curly is the de-facto leader of the sisterhood, rather than Glossy. After all - Curly is the only one who has been shown to directly interfere with the patriarchy (hacking into the system twice) as well as actually trying to converse with those who disagree with her stance, while Glossy only tries to offer encouragement to the oppressed and back-sass to dudebros.

(It could explain why Curly gets an actual bike while everyone else uses trikes...)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...or it could be that curly is a dude.
Ronald

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wheel wrote:
...or it could be that curly is a dude.

Dude looks like a lady to me...
Flavius Maximus

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Problem Is That Tat Almost Never Uses On Of Our Names And the More Options We Take Away From Him He Will End Up Naming Her Mary Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: