welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

9/4 Da-Meaning
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lich mong: you are a dumb fuck

Pretty sure, regardless of later events, both of them were born human. Also Pebbles was a human who was zapped (by several people). Who says having supernatural abilities dehumanizes people?

I like how suddenly you're asserting yourself as the grandmaster of Sinfest metaphysical laws and rules. You are such a small minded twit it hurts. Seriously, reading the stupidity found in many, many of your posts makes me physically ill.

I really hope you don't vote. Or breed. Ever. You're the turd floating in the human gene pool that no one want's to own up to dropping.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Halen

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesus man. He's not James Cameron. Take a deep breath.
tricksterson

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's my breakdown:
Devils: 6
Sentient animals: 2
Humans: 6
Demi-gods: 2 (Jesus and Buddha). Cupid might fit in here too but I classified him seperately
Conceptual Personifications: 5 Cupid (Love/lust), Uncle Sam (America) Liberty (guess), Death (guess), Eastern Dragon ) (Eastern religion/philosophies)
Hafl-Devil: 1
Angels (disguised as human): 2
Seymour: Yes, he's his own category.
Deities: 1 (although Cupid and Eastern Dragon might fit here too)
Anthropomorphic Animal: 1

Disagree if you wish

Last edited by tricksterson on Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
dazedb42

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

easy dude, better do a recount before someone flips out.
Halen

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's really important that someone goes away and does a count of all the non-major passers by that have been featured.

Off you go.
tricksterson

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My mistake. I counted Lil' E twice, once as a half devil, once as a devil.

Devils: Fuschia, Lime, Tangerine, nameless purple haired devil girl at strip club, Legion, Baby Blue

Humans: Criminy, Slick, Monique, Cartoonist, Gay Guy, Cartoonists Fan Boy
Samsally

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I keep coming into this thread expecting it to be interesting and then I am reminded that people are getting worked up over counting and quantifying fictional people.

Did I miss a joke somewhere?
Ronald

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tricksterson wrote:
Devils: Fuschia, Lime, Tangerine, nameless purple haired devil girl at strip club, Legion, Baby Blue

I'm politely dubious about that being Lime and not simply a random Devil Girl with green hair, but it's certainly possible.
dazedb42

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

people? People? PEOPLE?

what are you thinking?

just joking of course.
Samsally

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair point. One person is upset, everyone else is bemused and/or still counting.

That... doesn't make any more sense, though.
dazedb42

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samsally wrote:
Fair point. One person is upset, everyone else is bemused and/or still counting.

That... doesn't make any more sense, though.

I don't know what makes sense anymore either. Smile
Lich Mong

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Counting the characters is not the REAL tipping point -IMO- it's how Tat has been changing "the extras." It used to be when some person on the street was needed they would almost always be human. Right now, the extras seem to be only human if they are nice girls Kcils is hitting on. Otherwise all of the extras seem to be demons now.

This -to me- shows a real change in the authors mind in how he classifies the majority of the people in the town.

Anyway, to address the points made against me:
Darqcyde wrote:
Lich mong: you are a dumb fuck

Well, I might be a dumb fuck, but your reading comprehension needs work. Note my use of the term "full blooded."

Buddha is dead. I don't count ghosts/ascended as "full blooded humans."(as I said in my post)

The Jesus depicted in sinfest is the Demigod kind, not the historical kind. If you want to make a Trinity argument with me about how he is "fully human," I would love to have it with you if you tell me which christian doctrine we would be working with.

Darqcyde wrote:
Who says having supernatural abilities dehumanizes people?
"Dehumanize" is a loaded term in this context, or -at the very least- an equivocation. We(I?) am not talking about "human" in the context you are using it. Squigley is most certainly not human, for example, but he is not a "sub-human" or "dehumanized" or something. He is a fully sentient non-human and should be afforded every right therein.

Darqcyde wrote:
I like how suddenly you're asserting yourself as the grandmaster of Sinfest metaphysical laws and rules.
This is a complete misrepresentation of my position. I made a statement, was challenged one it, and found some evidence to back it up. If you'd like to prove me wrong, please present some evidence against. I have no doubt it might very well be more valued than my own.
Darqcyde wrote:
You are such a small minded twit it hurts. Seriously, reading the stupidity found in many, many of your posts makes me physically ill.

I really hope you don't vote. Or breed. Ever. You're the turd floating in the human gene pool that no one want's to own up to dropping.
Well, I am sorry to hear that since I do hold you in considerably higher regard.

Anyway, I know I can come off as a prick, but I would certainly not claim I know more about sinfest than many -if not most- of the people here.
ktern

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so basically devil people are like the black people of sinfest

(where the actual blacks seem to be treated like anyone else as of late, thankfully)
Adyon

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To go one step further, I'd say the devil folk are a stand in for just about anyone that society treats with any prejudice, as a means to not directly address that topic at face value. Granted he also addresses topics like black people/homosexual people in his own way too. But I think the devil people are just another being in his universe he can use as a metaphor for many things.

Also, wtf happened with Darq here? Not that Lich Mong's post was revolutionary, but I read it going, "Oh this seems interesting, wonder what comments people added to the- ...WTF? What emotional pit of hatred did Darq drag THAT out of?" You'd think Lich Mong came in, insulted your mother, broke your grandma's heirlooms and spit on you. LOL

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would not be too hard on Darqcyde. My mannerisms tend to rub some people the wrong way.

Additionally, I would certainly admit I am an outlier when it comes to opinions, and I am strongly spoken on them. People often don't like other people who's worldview is decidedly different than their own. It's perfectly natural.

'The nail that sticks up...' and all that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: