welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sept. 5th: Don't you ever change.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wingcap

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheJabawack wrote:
Back to basics for the Devil, at least for this strip.

He has set up his boot, who among the main characters could decide to buy some rotten vegetables?

Devil Slick seems to be the most likely candidate for a purchase.
Li'l Evil is amnesiac so he is out.
Seymour would probably just make a speech about the evil of woman or something.
Baby blue wouldn't need vegetables with her abilites.
The other characters don't seem to have any reason to buy anything, I don't think that the Devil is going to make a lot of money from this.

What about soliciting the help of the nightclub demons? That's a lot of customers.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the 'poetry' is as anvilicious or vaporus as most of the feminist stuff thats been going on...

(Pulls out a 20) I'll take one if it doesn't cost the immortal soul...
tricksterson

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MerchManDan wrote:
Cynicism, thy name is Lucifer.

Also, in breaking news, water is wet and the sky is up.
Ember778

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rothide wrote:
If the 'poetry' is as anvilicious or vaporus as most of the feminist stuff thats been going on...

(Pulls out a 20) I'll take one if it doesn't cost the immortal soul...

20 dollars for one (rotten piece of fruit)? That's crazy. Then again he is the devil.

Hell I'd be willing to put down a few hundred to take a couple shots at the feminists. Hate 'em. All of 'em. They are the cause of one of my favorite webcomics downfall.
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fascinating

wait wait you're the guy who hates Jews too, right? just making sure
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like how Tat just invited numerous readers to side with the devil out of butthurtness, though

very clever
Dogen

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ember778 wrote:
Hell I'd be willing to put down a few hundred to take a couple shots at the feminists. Hate 'em. All of 'em. They are the cause of one of my favorite webcomics downfall.

Yes, I can see where the vicissitudes of webcomics is justification for hatred.

Wait, no I can't. The willingness of people to hate other people never ceases to amaze me.
Lich Mong

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogen wrote:
Yes, I can see where the vicissitudes of webcomics is justification for hatred.

Wait, no I can't. The willingness of people to hate other people never ceases to amaze me.
Me too; me too......
Dogen wrote:
I just want to punch everyone who starts a thread for the daily strip but doesn't put the date in the title. I don't ask for much - I certainly don't get much from you bunch of assholes - all I want is to be able to ignore you misogynistic wankers for two or three days and then be able to pop in and catch up on the comic, in order, without reading anything you human failures write. But no. I have to click over to the main site and go through the archive because you can't figure out the convention that's been used for over a decade of putting the date in the title.

This comment may sound harsh, but it's just because you don't realize how truly, truly awful you are. I mean that in the nicest way possible. Kisses!

ShadowCell

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's not hatred, that's just a statement of the fact of how awful you are
Lich Mong

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I just have a misunderstanding of the word then.

But, that statement was not directed at me in any case. I am sure Dogen wouldn't have been so forgiving had it been. Wink
Dogen

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's true. I don't hate any of you, even when I want to punch you in the face. I feel like punching people in the face all the time, but I never do it. I'm also more likely to characterize the people with whom I disagree as ignorant or idiotic, rather than worthy of hatred. Plus, my desires to beat people are typically fleeting - compare the number of such posts to my total - which I think is evidence of their ephemerality (not typically a trait associated with hatred).

But good catch, I'm never opposed to being reminded that I'm not perfect. Very Happy
Lich Mong

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess the question than becomes in what sense Ember778 meant the word.

Did he mean just that he feels like punching feminists in the face, but does not, and that he feels they are "ignorant or idiotic?"

I guess I just am having trouble seeing the deeper meaning that you guys seem to giving the word "hatred." I woud have thought your description--Dogen--would have been sufficient. What am I missing that Ember778 is implying?
Dogen

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't tell you what he meant, only what I read, which is that he hates feminists and would like to take shots at them. If you had read my post as an actual intention to punch people, you'd still have a hard time claiming I hated anyone (because you'd have to contend with a history of me talking about equality, self-betterment, policies to help the sick and poor, trying to help new people figure out why we're kind of rude, empathizing with people [even ones I don't always get along with], volunteering, etc). Ember, on the other hand, has been vocal about his distaste for feminists, reacts strongly to anything he thinks implies feminism (such as the implication that the devil, of all people, might be manipulative), and previously said feminists are "like the Jews." So, I get a greater degree of extremism from him.
Lich Mong

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not trying to say you hate anyone. I am trying to find out what you mean by the word, and why you feel Ember778 shared your meaning of it.

In Ember778's post he said he'd like to throw tomatos at feminists and that he "hated" them. This caused you to post that you did not understand how easily other people can "hate." However, you already professed your wish to punch mislabelers (not that you'd do it, we established that).

When pressed, you explained that did not mean you "hated" anyone. This caused me to become confused by what you meant by the word "hate." I asked you to explain what you did mean and why you feel that Ember778 shared that meaning in his statement.
You've yet to do that satisfactorily, only that Ember778 enjoys hyperbole slightly more than yourself.

Now, look, if you don't want to tell me what you DO mean, that's fine. Clearly, I am becoming unreasonably obsessed over this minor issue. I just wanted it to be clear I am not accusing you of anything at this point; I was just looking for some clarification, and it will not be the end of the world if I don't get it.
mouse

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, i'm not dogen - but hatred, to me, implies a more or less continuous state: i hate hummers. i am angry at their mere existence. i would hate them if they were being used to ferry orphans to flower fields.

whereas dogen says he wants to hit people when they do a specific thing. he does not hate or resent any group of things or people on a continuous basis, only when they do that one thing.

so i guess the difference would be that dogen hates the activity (but not the people), while ember778 hates the people (no matter what they are doing).

hating groups of people does seem more extreme, and it is harder to understand how people can fly off into hatred for a whole group of people, most of whom they have never met, and know only one thing about.

but yeah, leaving the date of the post subject. that's really annoying. i hate when people do that. i mean, jeez, people - it's like 6 characters. maybe 8, if you do it with slashes. seriously, it would kill you to type in 8 more characters?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: