Sinfest Forum Index Sinfest
welcome to the fest
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sept. 6: Veggie detector!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Rothide



Joined: 14 Jul 2012
Posts: 785

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheJabawack wrote:
She probably mailed a letter to Acme off-screen for the parts, but pputting it together must have taken some skill.


Now that I can believe, if she didn't get it from ACME though...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Delakando



Joined: 14 May 2012
Posts: 65

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 pm    Post subject: Out-spoken opinion? Reply with quote

When someone speaks their dislike of feminism they are criticized... yet when feminism criticizes dislike of older and outdated social views its praised.

In my opinion some feminism's out-spoken opinions are male-bashing hate speeches. Yet that opinion is criticized. If your not with them your ignorant or sexist? I find that a terribly biased view.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ShadowCell



Joined: 03 Aug 2008
Posts: 5896
Location: California

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, y'know, how dare feminists criticize older outdated social views, that's so unfair
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Delakando



Joined: 14 May 2012
Posts: 65

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadowCell wrote:
yeah, y'know, how dare feminists criticize older outdated social views, that's so unfair


When comparing the old outdated social views to how it is now? Yes it is. If they wanted to really change some thing they should bring their views to the middle east where women are subjectified and are treated lower then second hand citizens.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ShadowCell



Joined: 03 Aug 2008
Posts: 5896
Location: California

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's right! there are no problems here! everything is 100% a-okay! what, wage gap, sexualization in the media, rape statistics, not being taken seriously, those are silly and false. there are no homosexuals in Iran--i mean, uh, misogynists in, uh, this place. honest. the Iraqi Minister of Information told me so.

also lol at the idea that there are no feminists in the Middle East.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mouse



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 16633
Location: under the bed

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm interested in this attitude of 'if you aren't focusing all your attention on the worst case, you shouldn't do anything at all'.

so i guess here at the cancer center where i work, we should stop all research on breast cancer and prostate cancer and lung cancer and all those others, and focus on brain cancer, because that's invariably fatal. after we fix that, we can get back to those piddling little possibly survivable cancers.
_________________
aka: neverscared!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Samsally



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 6072

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, you're one of those. You must be from the US, where it's somehow okay to barge into completely different cultures and start bossing them around like you somehow magically know better. FYI: Most of those cultures don't even appreciate it. Even the people you claim you're helping.

Dismissing existing problems here because other problems exist elsewhere is pretty ridiculous. That's like saying someone who's had their finger cut off should stop whining because that dude over there had his leg cut off.
_________________
Samsally the GrayAce


Last edited by Samsally on Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Adyon



Joined: 27 May 2012
Posts: 1150
Location: Behind my Cintiq

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Out-spoken opinion? Reply with quote

Delakando wrote:
In my opinion some feminism's out-spoken opinions are male-bashing hate speeches. Yet that opinion is criticized. If your not with them your ignorant or sexist? I find that a terribly biased view.

You mean like how some outspoken opinions during the equal rights movements for black people were pretty much "hate whitey". Yeah, extremists happen in any movement. Grow up. Get over it.

And it's not "If your not with them your ignorant or sexist". It's if you bash feminists just for being feminists, you're out of line. Why is it your place to decide for others how to live their life or why they're evil/stupid for deciding to follow a movement?
_________________


Last edited by Adyon on Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
ShadowCell



Joined: 03 Aug 2008
Posts: 5896
Location: California

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not only that but those piddly little possibly survivable cancers like breast cancer and prostate cancer actually aren't even problems at all because i mean hey they aren't invariably fatal so obviously they don't need our attention because you might possibly not die from them!

wait, what's that, you can die of untreated breast or prostate cancer? poppycock! poppycock and balderdash
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mouse



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 16633
Location: under the bed

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah. and it's not like you can learn anything in dealing with smaller problems that can possibly help you solve bigger ones. because small problems and big problems are _totally_ different.
_________________
aka: neverscared!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Delakando



Joined: 14 May 2012
Posts: 65

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadowCell wrote:
that's right! there are no problems here! everything is 100% a-okay! what, wage gap, sexualization in the media, rape statistics, not being taken seriously, those are silly and false. there are no homosexuals in Iran--i mean, uh, misogynists in, uh, this place. honest. the Iraqi Minister of Information told me so.

also lol at the idea that there are no feminists in the Middle East.


No, mr.skeptic, everything is not 100% a-okay but the over-dramatization does not make their point stand out and instead only makes people look at them with contempt. They aren't being taken seriously simply because of certain things they do like in europe where a group of feminist protest entirely topless. The same group does stunts only to seek attention that does not really coincide with their goals. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/17/pussy-riot-trial-femen_n_1798009.html

There are feminists in the middle east but their words are coming across too quietly. They stood up against underage and arranged marriages but they have a long way to go. There they are still coming across deaf ears by their government and by their people who look to the west for blame for the woman's liberation and search for equality. Women in their countries wear burkas and very conservative clothing but women here try to express themselves by wearing small or revealing clothing. It took both men and women to define what was sexy or beautiful in our culture but took only men to determine that in the mid-eastern culture. Try to explain that...

The wage gap is something that simply needs to be reported and discussed judicially and it would be corrected or the parent company could lose millions for sexual discrimination. Rape Statistics actually shows that rape over the past few years have been going down but more women are now being reported for rape because its now became more equalized. Women are being shown as sexual predators now more often then they had before.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Samsally



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 6072

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh good, you haven't even tried to address the fact that you'd rather push your own beliefs onto another culture rather than even entertain the notion that fixing local problems isn't nearly as simple as you have decided it must be.
_________________
Samsally the GrayAce
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ShadowCell



Joined: 03 Aug 2008
Posts: 5896
Location: California

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's right! everything is actually the women's fault! women decided what's beautiful and sexist values drilled into people practically since birth have absolutely nothing to do with it! there's a group that maybe only does stunts that have nothing to do with what they're talking about or maybe not but who cares because boobs! feminists in the Middle East don't count because they're too quiet and that has nothing to do with oppressive patriarchal societies that prevent them from speaking up! women rape too so therefore women being raped is...apparently...not a problem?

see women, if you would just do everything that men tell you to do you wouldn't have the problem of living in a society where you have to live the way men tell you to live! it all makes sense!

incidentally, Delakando, you are not being criticized because you "dislike feminists," you're being criticized for being an ignorant dumbshit with no idea what the fuck you're talking about


Last edited by ShadowCell on Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Delakando



Joined: 14 May 2012
Posts: 65

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Out-spoken opinion? Reply with quote

Adyon wrote:
Delakando wrote:
In my opinion some feminism's out-spoken opinions are male-bashing hate speeches. Yet that opinion is criticized. If your not with them your ignorant or sexist? I find that a terribly biased view.

You mean like how some outspoken opinions during the equal rights movements for black people were pretty much "hate whitey". Yeah, extremists happen in any movement. Grow up. Get over it.

And it's not "If your not with them your ignorant or sexist". It's if you bash feminists just for being feminists, you're out of line. Why is it your place to decide for others how to live their life or why they're evil/stupid for deciding to follow a movement?


"Grow up. Get over it".. Very interesting words but I'm not speaking out against feminism simply because they are feminists but against the fact that there are other problems in this world that they overlook because of smaller issues. The black movement and feminist movement both want equality amongst races and sexes but just like any group there are the bad-apples amongst the group who have brought bad views of them by their out-spoken opinion. In the black movement there were groups of black individuals who were interested in war with whites and still are to this day with the "New Black Panthers" who were recorded recently wanting to start a war against whites. There are also feminists who seek not only equalization but subjetification of males to pay back all of the years men have subjectified them.

Why is it your place to criticize me over my views? I agree that feminism is a noble goal as it seeks equalization but there are some views they speak of that I do not stand for and will not turn away from.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ShadowCell



Joined: 03 Aug 2008
Posts: 5896
Location: California

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's right! one crazy person who says they're against racism or a feminist or whatever automatically stands for the entire group and you are therefore obligated to explain how you aren't crazy like they are and therefore we will not talk about what it is you're advocating! then nobody talks about misogyny or racism, and thus misogyny and racism are preserved! hooray for great victory for white male ruling class!

of course it would help if you'd find us some of those "seek not only equalization but subjetification of males to pay back all of the years men have subjectified them" but, really, who the fuck cares? should i paint all men as ignorant fuckwits just because you're an ignorant fuckwit? do all men have to explain why they're not like you just because you're painting them badly with your mealy-mouthed helpless presence? i hope not! i'm certainly not responsible for your bullshit.

mostly because you're not actually painting all men badly with your mealy-mouthed helpless presence, you're just painting yourself badly--as it should be.

which brings us back to the original point: why the hell should the fact that there are bigger problems elsewhere preclude us from solving the problems we've still got here?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 3 of 25

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group