welcome to the fest
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

9/12 sweet revenge
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
ktern



Joined: 02 Jul 2007
Posts: 947

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:46 am    Post subject: 9/12 sweet revenge Reply with quote



who will compliment his ass now?? poor guy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ShadowCell



Joined: 03 Aug 2008
Posts: 6020
Location: California

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so who's gonna bet next comic Jesus brings it back to life
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ktern



Joined: 02 Jul 2007
Posts: 947

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

watch as we all do and then tat trolls us all by cutting to something irrelevant first
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Oneponytoruleall



Joined: 02 Jan 2011
Posts: 3114

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone has played too many video games, methinks.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Yinello



Joined: 10 May 2012
Posts: 2635
Location: Behind you

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And then Jesus made him explode as well. Whoops.
_________________
Help. Help, my eyes are stuck from rolling so hard. Help.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Flavius Maximus



Joined: 07 May 2011
Posts: 799
Location: The Wrong side of the Reality Zone Sign

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As In All Things Jesus Takes The Abuse In Silence Sad
_________________
Awesome Happens
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Xalca



Joined: 31 Aug 2012
Posts: 16
Location: CO

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadowCell wrote:
so who's gonna bet next comic Jesus brings it back to life


I would rather he "heals"...Devil-Bert(?). Seems more tactful to address the problem than the symptom. Giving fish vs teaching fishing...etc. etc.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mouse



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 17036
Location: under the bed

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

but in resurrecting his "baby" he heals d-bert's hurt.

of course, what that will do to his personal beliefs, what with being the enemy of all jesus stands for, is another question.

also, i would be interested in seeing how resurrected drones compare to enlightened ones. is resurrection enlightening? i don't think we've ever gotten any information on that topic - jesus is a special case, and i don't recall that lazarus said much about it.


.....ok, i've probably just fixed it so tat never touches this subject again. sorry Sad
_________________
aka: neverscared!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Flavius Maximus



Joined: 07 May 2011
Posts: 799
Location: The Wrong side of the Reality Zone Sign

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mouse wrote:
but in resurrecting his "baby" he heals d-bert's hurt.

of course, what that will do to his personal beliefs, what with being the enemy of all jesus stands for, is another question.

also, i would be interested in seeing how resurrected drones compare to enlightened ones. is resurrection enlightening? i don't think we've ever gotten any information on that topic - jesus is a special case, and i don't recall that lazarus said much about it.


.....ok, i've probably just fixed it so tat never touches this subject again. sorry Sad


There is always poor forgotten Storytime Zombie -- a good subject
_________________
Awesome Happens
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Oneponytoruleall



Joined: 02 Jan 2011
Posts: 3114

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flavius Maximus wrote:


There is always poor forgotten Storytime Zombie -- a good subject


No, you're wrong.

Storytime Zombie, whoever he was in life, doesn't deserve a second chance. He was in Hell. From the fact he was in Hell, we can determine that he deserved to be there. Clearly he committed some heinous act during his life. Therefore he is not good. God doesn't make mistakes.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Darqcyde



Joined: 11 Jul 2006
Posts: 10250
Location: A false vacuum abiding in ignorance.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oneponytoruleall wrote:
Flavius Maximus wrote:


There is always poor forgotten Storytime Zombie -- a good subject


No, you're wrong.

Storytime Zombie, whoever he was in life, doesn't deserve a second chance. He was in Hell. From the fact he was in Hell, we can determine that he deserved to be there. Clearly he committed some heinous act during his life. Therefore he is not good. God doesn't make mistakes.

Unless of course you assume, as some scholars do, that the idea of eternal damnation is a result of a mis-translation and the fires of hell exist for purifying purposes and that one's time in hell is finite, not indefinite or infinite.
_________________
...if a single leaf holds the eye, it will be as if the remaining leaves were not there.
http://12ozlb.blogspot.com Now in book form: http://amzn.to/14E6OFy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Miss Magenta



Joined: 09 Jun 2011
Posts: 1786
Location: im probably asleep right now

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oneponytoruleall wrote:
Clearly he committed some heinous act during his life. Therefore he is not good.


You're forgetting the fact that people who commit suicide also go to hell regardless of whether or not they're good.

While some people who commit suicide may or may not be bad, not all are. And so while he MIGHT have been bad, he might also NOT have been. He could have always been some dude who was suffering in life, and just decided to end it all right then and there. We have no idea. Tat doesn't exactly give us any sort of clues as to what his life was like when he was, you know... not one of the damned.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
ChastMastr



Joined: 15 Jul 2012
Posts: 468
Location: Tampa Bay, Florida, US

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or, for that matter, the notion that Divine grace is precisely all about giving us more than we deserve. I wonder what would happen if Storytime did meet Jesus...

I love Storytime!! *HUGS TO STORYTIME*
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Oneponytoruleall



Joined: 02 Jan 2011
Posts: 3114

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darqcyde wrote:
Oneponytoruleall wrote:
Flavius Maximus wrote:


There is always poor forgotten Storytime Zombie -- a good subject


No, you're wrong.

Storytime Zombie, whoever he was in life, doesn't deserve a second chance. He was in Hell. From the fact he was in Hell, we can determine that he deserved to be there. Clearly he committed some heinous act during his life. Therefore he is not good. God doesn't make mistakes.

Unless of course you assume, as some scholars do, that the idea of eternal damnation is a result of a mis-translation and the fires of hell exist for purifying purposes and that one's time in hell is finite, not indefinite or infinite.


Scholars? You mean heretics. The only place I've encountered this finite hell theory is Piers Anthony's Incarnations of Immortality series.

Once damned, always damned.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
darksander



Joined: 21 Aug 2012
Posts: 19

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"[...]But I stood paralyzed
on the supposed golden path.
and I was confronted
by a powerful demon force
and they said it was the devil
and when he spoke his words flowed like glowing lava
from the mouth of a volcano
and I said help me lord
I found myself in some kind of hell
but I did not believe in a
Heaven and hell world of opposite’s kind of reality
and I gained control of myself[...]"


So yea, it's all but a dream.

(Golden path, Chemical brothers)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group