welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2012-09-18: BarackStar is back
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ronald

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Motorcycle wrote:
Monkey Mcdermott wrote:

He means politics he disagrees with.

No, that's not at all what I mean. What I mean is that I don't find politics entertaining at all.

You're obviously free to gripe about whatever you want as much as you want but please be aware that, unless doing so makes you feel better, it yields little if any positive results. It sure as heck isn't going to make Tat change the strip to please you. Tat writes and draws what Tat wants to write and draw because it's his strip. If you don't like it, well, I presume that nobody's forcing you to read the strip. I presume you're not paying for the privilege of reading the strip.

I found almost none of last week's strips to be particularly entertaining but you didn't see me wasting my time griping about it, did you?
Ronald

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darqcyde wrote:
Rothide wrote:
NO. Glossy is enough Sacred Cows around here, we DONT NEED 2.

Any more, Tat? One more and you have a Dairy Farm.

what the fuck are you babbling about.

Hey Ronald or someone, please care to enlighten Mr. Red butt here.

Uh...enlighten him about what? I don't know what he's "babbling" about, either.

Fortuitiously, I also don't care what he's "babbling" about, so it works out. Never underestimate the power of apathy.
Ronald

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On literally a separate note, nice to see Ariel and Ezekiel again. Maybe, as their be-suited other selves, they'll start starring in some political strips. That'd at least have the benefit of novelty.
Adyon

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL new trolls come out to play, and the same ones are around too. Ah, the internet. Good times.

Not that I disagree with some assertions that politics and politicians have gotten far from the issues, but c'mon! You come on a free comic to complain that an artist is drawing what he wants at a time when it's good to bring a situational character back out?

In my honest opinion, I bet we'll see a lot of political strips coming up soon, some of which might even tie into the current story. Who knows. But I bet he will at least do a few election coverage ones. Sinfest has always been an ideology/political strip. The fact that he's stayed away from it this long is surprising honestly.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronald wrote:
Darqcyde wrote:
Rothide wrote:
NO. Glossy is enough Sacred Cows around here, we DONT NEED 2.

Any more, Tat? One more and you have a Dairy Farm.

what the fuck are you babbling about.

Hey Ronald or someone, please care to enlighten Mr. Red butt here.

Uh...enlighten him about what? I don't know what he's "babbling" about, either.

Fortuitiously, I also don't care what he's "babbling" about, so it works out. Never underestimate the power of apathy.

I was hoping you could gather up a list of all the politically related strips, or at least the ones with obama or other political entities.

You are, and I don't think I'm alone on thinking this, the official un-official Sinfest historian.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Ronald

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adyon wrote:
some of which might even tie into the current story

What even constitutes "the current story"? Nobody seems to be making a sustained effort to accomplish anything. They're just hanging around or zipping around, being themselves.
Ronald

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darqcyde wrote:
I was hoping you could gather up a list of all the politically related strips, or at least the ones with obama or other political entities.

Looks like you beat me to it, though.

Darqcyde wrote:
You are, and I don't think I'm alone on thinking this, the official un-official Sinfest historian.

Sorry, but my knowledge of the strip isn't all that all-encompassing. Ask me a question about Pooch & Percy, for instance, and more likely than not I couldn't do a thing in the world for you. Thanks for the compliment, though. Smile
Adyon

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronald wrote:
Adyon wrote:
some of which might even tie into the current story

What even constitutes "the current story"? Nobody seems to be making a sustained effort to accomplish anything. They're just hanging around or zipping around, being themselves.
Devil slick (Kcils) I could see, Big D's spy drones, even feminism. Heck even Storytime I could see an interesting way or two to mix with current politics.

Either way, I want to see his portrayal of Romney. =P McCain's "out of touch" persona was very fitting. I don't know if Romney would be as easy though. Maybe one of the characters like Kcils could take on the persona like Sarah Piglin. Maybe not. Big D could dress up like him for sure! Twisted Evil LOL

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Motorcycle wrote:
Monkey Mcdermott wrote:

He means politics he disagrees with.

No, that's not at all what I mean.

I don't believe you
ktern

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2008's election arc was pretty boring, but tat's been working with serious topics for a long time since so maybe he'll do better this year. all i'm hoping for is that tat will bring either the funny, insightful, or interesting to the table. coverage of the actual issues. instead of "wow obama is so awesome", how about "this is why he's awesome"?

with the GOP's idiotic stances toward women and gay rights, things also have the potential of tying more or less neatly into the sisterhood and guy's plotlines
Lich Mong

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See, it's funny. I don't like his depiction of Glossy because I don't self identify as a feminist. But, I do like his depiction of Obama because I do self identify as a Democrat.

Cognitive bias at work.
mouse

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ambaryerno wrote:

Obama talked a lot about compromise, hope and change, but where was it the last four years? The US credit rating is under threat to be downgraded AGAIN because Congress won't play nice and compromise.

if you know the facts, why do you continue to argue from ignorance?
Rothide

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lich Mong wrote:
See, it's funny. I don't like his depiction of Glossy because I don't self identify as a feminist. But, I do like his depiction of Obama because I do self identify as a Democrat.

Cognitive bias at work.

That's kinda what I was going at, I call them a sacred cow though, in that Tat has never had these characters ever be WRONG about anything. They are the creators pet characters, and I just don't really enjoy those types of characters, besides them being things I don't really identify with.
Dennis J. Squidbunny

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's great that in a comic strip that involves a cartoon character based on President Obama finding a bass in a stone, claiming it is excalibur and then playing it can be read as WTF TAT GOD YOU LOVE OBAMA SO MUCH HE IS YOUR SACRED COW rather than 'maybe Obama trades off the fact he's a pretty fucking cool guy a bit too much', or 'this comic has nothing to do with politics, and is the cartoonist having fun'.
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, i liked Obama better when he played lead guitar too
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: