welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2012-09-18: BarackStar is back
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gibson22

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rothide wrote:
Lich Mong wrote:
See, it's funny. I don't like his depiction of Glossy because I don't self identify as a feminist. But, I do like his depiction of Obama because I do self identify as a Democrat.

Cognitive bias at work.

That's kinda what I was going at, I call them a sacred cow though, in that Tat has never had these characters ever be WRONG about anything. They are the creators pet characters, and I just don't really enjoy those types of characters, besides them being things I don't really identify with.

Well said. Tat's comic is basically an entertainer on a street corner. If he says something we disagree with then we can say whatever the heck we want back. Free speech. Just because he can do whatever he wants with his comic doesn't mean that we can't give our opinions on it; ESPECIALLY if he gives us a forum for doing so. Anyway, not a fan of Barack nor the sacred cow depiction of him. I am totally curious as to how he is going to do Romney though. (That is, IF he touches him. Tat has been more conscientious about dealing with religious topics in the last few years).
Dogen

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just don't expect Tat to ever read your complaint. Or most of us to care what you like (just as I don't expect you to care what I like). Other than that, have a ball.
Gibson22

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogen wrote:
Just don't expect Tat to ever read your complaint. Or most of us to care what you like (just as I don't expect you to care what I like). Other than that, have a ball.

Oh absolutely. I have just seen a few people write "OMG, how silly that you write a dissenting opinion on entertainment given to you for free." Just agreeing with those that I feel agree with me.
Monkey Mcdermott

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gibson22 wrote:
Dogen wrote:

Oh absolutely. I have just seen a few people write "OMG, how silly that you write a dissenting opinion on entertainment given to you for free." Just agreeing with those that I feel agree with me.

No one has written that.
Him

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow kool aid sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred kool aid cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow kool aid sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow kool aid sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow sacred cow
Gibson22

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moo. Thy sins have been forgiven thee. Go thy way and eat beef no more.
Yinello

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would really want to try Hope flavored lemonade.
ktern

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yinello wrote:

same, but he's only got kool-aid
Yinello

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

T.T

Obama y u no has lemonade?
jrdelirio

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Him wrote:

Thank you. (I like that one especially in retrospect since Old 'Nique was indeed herself very welcoming of being a cult object). As mentioned upthread, Tat has done strips to the effect of there being much of the public that were/are attracted more to the charisma/star-quality, thus the very concept of the "Barackstar" persona.

(Though the funniest to me was the one of Barack and McCain as competing buskers, it really catches the image issue towards the homestretch of the last campaign.)
Succubus1982

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ktern wrote:
Yinello wrote:

same, but he's only got kool-aid

Kool-aid goes better with fried chicken
fanboy2

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:33 am    Post subject: Hey!! BARACKSTAR! Squee! Reply with quote

I for one am happy to see Barackstar back. I loved a lot of the old ones. Sarah Piglin was one of my favourite transitory characters and I love the way he links Sinfest characters to the political scenario. BRING IT ON!! Smile
Ambaryerno

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mouse wrote:
Ambaryerno wrote:

Obama talked a lot about compromise, hope and change, but where was it the last four years? The US credit rating is under threat to be downgraded AGAIN because Congress won't play nice and compromise.

if you know the facts, why do you continue to argue from ignorance?

The first downgrade of the credit rating occurred due to Congress failing to set a budget. Congress failed to release said budget due to disagreements between Dems and Republicans that went down party lines. Neither side was willing to budge on issues such as taxes and no one dared to cross the Party Line to get the job done. The deadline for a new budget expired, leading Standard and Poor to reduce the federal credit rating to AA.

Once again, Congress is stymied on releasing a budget, because neither side is willing to budge on issues such as taxes and no one is willing to cross the Party Line to get the job done (you want to know how bad the partisanship is getting? In Missouri we have a Republican senatorial candidate attacking OTHER REPUBLICANS for being willing to compromise with the Dems. The ads literally say the other guy is "not conservative. They're one of THEM"). So once again, there is a danger of the credit rating being lowered.

All of this is being driven by each party's goals and philosophy, and neither side is willing to bend. The Dems and Reps are like two screaming toddlers fighting over a teddy bear and refusing to share.
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is that why the news was filled with Obama and the Democrats' assorted plans and compromises that the Republicans continually rejected
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: