welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Getting to know you - this time, it's a game!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lemontree

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Getting to know you - this time, it's a game! Reply with quote

Quote:
QUESTION LIST

1. What is your favorite noodle based dish?
2. What is your highest level of education, and what, if any, degrees/certificates etc. do you have/are still working towards?
3. If you had to choose between losing a foot or a hand, which would you pick?
4. What was the best and worst present you've ever received?

1.) I was going to instantly say mac & cheese.. but that's a dirty lie. To be honest, it's fettuccine alfredo.. but I can't remember the last time I ate it, because ordering it makes me feel infinitely more guilty than making a box of Kraft mac at home.

2.) I'm mainly only participating in this thread for this question since I only have 2.5 months left 'til I FINALLY earn my Bachelors in Mass Communications: Public Relations with a minor in General Business! (To date I do have an Associate in Business Administration, but I often forget about it.) Only took me 11 years off and on to get to this point, but hey.. I'm ALMOST DONE!! *mini-party in my chair*

3.) Foot. Prosthetics can give me a better foot than I had, but even if they could create a highly functioning hand.. I'd miss the sensation of touch.

4.) Worst? I feel like an ass for even thinking about it.. much less admitting to it. So let's just say that it's still wrapped up and stowed in my closet, because I don't have the heart to throw it away. Best? I'm going to go with the shirt from India my best friend brought back for me last year.
Oneponytoruleall

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Right now I'd like more spaghetti with meatballs. Next week it'll be something else.

2. Haute Ecole from the Spanische Hofreitschule in Vienna

3. Losing a foot is a very bad thing.

4. Life
Snorri

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yinello wrote:

2. Crap, how to explain this to Americans. I guess my degree is a little below Bachelor (to explain, below Bachelors there are 4 levels and I'm on the 4th which is the highest) and currently I'm working an office job. I would like to get a Bachelor in Management perhaps a year or two later.

Wait there are 4 levels below bachelor? There are levels below bachelor? Do I get one?

Snorri

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Getting to know you - this time, it's a game! Reply with quote

Darqcyde wrote:

QUESTION LIST

2. What is your highest level of education, and what, if any, degrees/certificates etc. do you have/are still working towards?

1. Dunno, I refuse to eat the food of inferior races.

2. I got two degrees in homoeopathy and am a licensed medium.

3. foot, I need my hands for masturbating.

4. on my 9th birthday my dad came home drunk, punched me in the face and tossed me a quarter he found on the street. I'm not sure what my worst present was though.

Mr Gary

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bachelorette?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Gary wrote:
Bachelorette?

Is the lowest level Flavour of Love?

Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My cousin has a Flavour of Love in Economics.
Adyon

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha ha ha.

--
1. Real ramen, like you get from a chef, not the instant stuff.

2. I have a BFA in computer graphics with focus in both 3D graphics, like Maya, and traditional art as well. I chose not to pursue the 3D thing though. I enjoy the artistic side of creating. It was more technical and not as exciting to put the effort in to compete. Instead I used the general art side to start being an illustrator/graphic designer. Still, I get to use 3D occasionally, I just don't have to kill myself working for a company.

Also got a Masters in Fine Art focused in painting. I thought about teaching art actually. Especially at University. But that's on hold for now. I'm enjoying the freelance illustrator thing still.

3. Foot...because...Well you can guess based on my response to 2.

4. Best is probably my dog from my wife 7 years ago. She's a Pembroke Welsh Corgi. (And yes I had to write the full name out...cause it's an awesome name for a breed)

Worst? I don't know if this technically counts. I can still call it worst even if it makes me laugh. My wife's grandmother got souvenirs for everyone from a cruise she went on. She got me a shirt. It had kiwis on it. Kiwis in all types of sexual positions with each other. Apparently she didn't realize, but everyone else did as she showed people what she got me. It was just hilarious watching people's eyes go "Oooooh". No one told her. Ha.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been spending too much time talking with people from New Zealand.
Snorri

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arc Tempest wrote:
I've been spending too much time talking with people from New Zealand.

the best thing to do with a new zealander is talking about their australian accent. Just hella fun.

Oneponytoruleall

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snorri is evil, in case you didn't know that.
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oneponytoruleall wrote:
Snorri is evil, in case you didn't know that.

No, it's just he wasn't hugged enough by his priest.

I mean, growing up in that orphanage, he was the only father figure he knew. . . Crying or Very sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ChastMastr

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting Asian things. There are so many!

I have an MA.

Foot, definitely.

Best... hmmm... I'm inclined to think mainly of things from my master, like my collar, ring, and the hand-made Venetian army colonel plush toy he gave me. But then there are things connected with my cubby, too.

Worst? Hmmm. There's always the album of depressing Christmas songs we got one year, Yule Be Miserable.

Kilgore

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Pho or Pad Thai.

2. I recently completed my J.D., and I'll be inducted into the bar in Idaho next month.

3. This actually a toss up for me. I worry that running wouldn't be the same with a prosthetic foot, and all I really need my left hand for is shooting. If I could get some sort of awesome gun attachment for my left hand, I'd lose that. Otherwise, I'd have to go with the foot.

4. The best present I've gotten is my graduation present from law school, a briefcase/courier bag from Saddleback Leather Co.. I'd been drooling over their bags for probably two years, but wasn't able to justify dropping that kind of money on a bag while I was a poor student. Sarah tipped my parents off.

Worst? At the risk of dating myself, I asked for a video-game system for Christmas the year that the Super Nintendo came out. My parents bought me a regular Nintendo instead. I was pretty crushed. For years I thought my parents had just cheaped out on my and bought the regular NES because it had gone down in price after the SNES came out. Last time I was home it randomly came up while I was talking to my Mom and it turns out that my folks just didn't know the difference. She felt bad.

-Slick
Willem

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChastMastr wrote:

Best... hmmm... I'm inclined to think mainly of things from my master, like my collar, ring, and the hand-made Venetian army colonel plush toy he gave me. But then there are things connected with my cubby, too.

what the fuck is this shit
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9

Jump to: