welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Getting to know you - this time, it's a game!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Samsally

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. It's hard to pick a favorite... Current favorite is some udon noodles you can get at Drunken Noodle, however beef stroganoff and that one spaghetti bolognese recipe with the wine in it are also fighting for first. Oh and the noodle platter from a local Japanese restaurant, too.

2. Degree in Theatre Tech (emphasis on costumes) and a minor in Visual Art.

3. Foot. I like crafts too much to give up a hand.

4. Worst was a child sized cross necklace given to me by somebody who should have known I was 1) a teenager and 2) not actually religious in any way. I couldn't even get it around my neck. There are too many bests to answer in full... A giant k'nex set, a chainmail shirt, an xbox 360, a cheese tray. I even like getting lotions.
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MMMMMM, beef stroganoff and spaghetti bolognese
*drools*
I'm hungry now. I had some pretty epic baked ziti the other day, it was made with a mix of bolognese and béchamel sauces.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Adyon

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Willem wrote:
i personally don't mind what the dude does, but it's kinda weird to talk about it like that i dunno

Why? People that are into ponies or simply furries post things nonchalantly. I think posting a little info that reveals your personal kink is fine. Like said before, just don't get descriptive where it might upset someone. I dunno. I find it about the same as homosexuality, in that, if that's how someone is, they shouldn't feel the need to hide it for fear others will judge them.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adyon wrote:
Willem wrote:
i personally don't mind what the dude does, but it's kinda weird to talk about it like that i dunno

Why? People that are into ponies or simply furries post things nonchalantly. I think posting a little info that reveals your personal kink is fine. Like said before, just don't get descriptive where it might upset someone. I dunno. I find it about the same as homosexuality, in that, if that's how someone is, they shouldn't feel the need to hide it for fear others will judge them.

bronies and furries are degenerates though and shouldn't open their mouths ever
Oneponytoruleall

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Willem wrote:
Adyon wrote:
Willem wrote:

bronies and furries are degenerates though and shouldn't open their mouths ever

I have a strong urge to post a degenerate picture here.
Adyon

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From all the things I've seen Willem speak abstinently about, I begin to wonder how he manages to even spend time on the internet without ending up in a frothing pool of his own rage on the floor every hour. Razz

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adyon wrote:
Willem wrote:

I agree. In context this was just chast talking about getting a gift he liked from someone in his life, finding it weird is exactly like finding it weird that some guy mentions a gift from his boyfriend.

If someone brings it up out of the blue all the time I'd find it weird, but that would go for any relationship. (god people in relationships are the worst, I hate them.)

mouse

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's pretty much the way i picture willem. didn't he win 'angriest fester' a couple of times?

Darqcyde wrote:

Wasn't it because of a poorly titled thread, the old sinfest forum, for a while, was one of the top five searches in google under the term 'furry', I think it was number three or so.

as i recall, it was a very accurately titled thread, and full of things that rewarded those searching for furries. i wandered in there once.....it certainly broadened my knowledge base.

ok, so i might as well do this:

1) i still miss the panfried squid and noodles at wok's up (long since replaced by a panda express). but there are still a lot of good noodle dishes out there. i am willing to give all them a try (except the ones with peanut sauce, i'm with patty there).
2) highest achieved is an ms, but i spent a couple years in a PhD program as well.
3) foot, clearly - how would i knit with only one hand?
4) the worst - certainly the oddest- was probably a necklace my father gave me when i was 12 or 13. it had quite a large pendant - probably about 3 x 5" - which was a copy of some mayan thing, i think -anyway, it had like 3 guys in what appeared to be mayan headdresses. other than the headdresses, the 3 guys appeared to be naked. _just_ the sort of thing a girl in junior high wants to be seen wearing. i have no idea what on earth he was thinking of.
best is probably the bag i got from jwing a couple years ago, that you can carry small knitting projects around in. still a regular part of my wardrobe.
DeD CHiKn

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:38 am    Post subject: Re: Getting to know you - this time, it's a game! Reply with quote

1. What is your favorite noodle based dish?
Simple spaghetti, preferably made by my grandfather. Can easily be jazzed up into anything you want, I like the customization options.

2. What is your highest level of education, and what, if any, degrees/certificates etc. do you have/are still working towards?

I'm working towards a degree in biology, probably BioTech because it's grabbed my attention the most. I spent a long time drifting with no direction because I am terrified of picking a career I hate.

3. If you had to choose between losing a foot or a hand, which would you pick?

Depends, there aren't really any decent hand prosthesis out there right now. If one is available the whole arm, right arm if I can choose.

If not, foot. There's at least the spring board options there, plus instant pirate costume.

4. What was the best and worst present you've ever received?

I got a lot of my grandfather's stuff when he passed away, so in a way they are the best AND worst gifts ever.
Willem

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oneponytoruleall wrote:
I have a strong urge to post a degenerate picture here.

I shouldn't have used the word Brony, I guess. Only people who are sexually attracted to MLP are degenerates. And furries, obviously. The MLP-fuckers are worst, though. It's a special combination of paedophilia and bestiality that could only flourish on the internet.

Adyon wrote:
From all the things I've seen Willem speak abstinently about, I begin to wonder how he manages to even spend time on the internet without ending up in a frothing pool of his own rage on the floor every hour. Razz

Not to ruin the illusion, but I have this thing where I sound angrier than I really am. It's part of my schtick where I prefer to start a discussion off with a crude and sharp remark, only revealing my nuanced opinion when someone calls me out on it. Saves me some time. Doesn't always go over well.

Snorri wrote:
I agree. In context this was just chast talking about getting a gift he liked from someone in his life, finding it weird is exactly like finding it weird that some guy mentions a gift from his boyfriend.

If someone brings it up out of the blue all the time I'd find it weird, but that would go for any relationship. (god people in relationships are the worst, I hate them.)

The strange thing is that the weirdness has settled down to a slight 'huh. well. that's something' level now, but that was mainly because it sounded like it wasn't just domination but also some furry shit at first.
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just for you, Willem

You're welcome, Willem
Willem

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, we're really going to throw homosexuality and fucking furries/MLP-ophiles in the same category now? That's like crazy offensive.
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the one with the bear is really the main point of that post
Willem

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm confused. You clearly have a MLP-avatar and you're one of those people who mostly post posts I don't read, but on the other hand, you can't be this stupid.

So I'm going to go with 'poor joke' instead of 'offensive idiot'. Good on you.
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, it's mostly just that I don't like you. Good guesses, though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9

Jump to: