welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2012-09-28 The Taste Of The Sweet Forgetting
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Oneponytoruleall

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:40 am    Post subject: 2012-09-28 The Taste Of The Sweet Forgetting Reply with quote

I'd buy it.

Mindbleach.

Of course, you keep buying it because you would never remember if you already tried it or if you liked the taste or not.
Holocauxt

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:53 am    Post subject: Re: 2012-09-28 The Taste Of The Sweet Forgetting Reply with quote

Oneponytoruleall wrote:
Of course, you keep buying it because you would never remember if you already tried it or if you liked the taste or not.

Mutherfucking pure genius.
Opinions are like ass holes: everybody has them. Sometimes they're clean... sometimes they stink... and sometimes they're just full of shit. But if you love shoving yours up on other people's faces, then you're a fucking whore.
Maynar

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man I wish I had a case or two of that in stock, for "emergencies" of course.

Alcohol just has those undesirable side effects.
Mr. Meddler

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am giggling over the last panel. It's as if she...forgotten how to drink.

Wait...

Click here to see my artwork!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
joandark

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:03 am    Post subject: Re: 2012-09-28 The Taste Of The Sweet Forgetting Reply with quote

How long 'till Tat gives us a Marxist/Progressive character to combat the non-gender-based exploitation by Big D and Evil Corps? I mean, Glossy could certainly feel free to, but it kinda wouldn't go with her very specific feminist theme if she wasn't stopping the exploitation of women specifically.

Unless she, like, took the red pill (get it?) and started seeing the Corporate Oligarchy everywhere alongside the Patriarchy. She would have some realization that, to put an end to men treating women as a commodity, she has to put an end to the practice of turning everything into a commodity, as our bourgeoisie overlords have. Or something like that.

Then again, that might be kind of a repeat of this:
http://www.sinfest.net/archive_page.php?comicID=2714
Flavius Maximus

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sex Sells Razz
Catel

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a Christian joke... Had no idea what Lethe was.
Funny: an atheist could not have been tempted by the Lethe ad. Even with a devil girl.
Adyon

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big D knows how to run his business. He's a good marketer. Makes me question myself though, since I do sometimes do marketing work. =P

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently Fuchsia signed away her rights to any say about her likeness appearing in commercial material. OSLT. What a shame.
Mr. Meddler

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Catel wrote:
Funny: an atheist could not have been tempted by the Lethe ad. Even with a devil girl.

Actually, it's Greek

Click here to see my artwork!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Succubus1982

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Catel wrote:

And yet it works on Lil E....
tricksterson

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Catel wrote:
Lethe was actually a river in Greek mythology although Dante adopted it for his Purgatorio and Paradisio
Dogen

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why couldn't it work on an atheist? Presumably the river exists, whether you believe in it, or God, or anything else. Is there some indication that the forgetfulness part only works on people who believe in God? I'm not sure why an atheist would be less tempted by the desire to forget... certainly many of us have shit happen we'd rather not remember, just like the God-fearing folk. Also, any reason to believe Sinfest actually has any atheists when God is conspicuous enough to occasionally make a hand puppet to mock you? This whole line of reasoning seems poorly thought out.
Ember778

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogen wrote:
Why couldn't it work on an atheist? Presumably the river exists, whether you believe in it, or God, or anything else. Is there some indication that the forgetfulness part only works on people who believe in God? I'm not sure why an atheist would be less tempted by the desire to forget... certainly many of us have shit happen we'd rather not remember, just like the God-fearing folk. Also, any reason to believe Sinfest actually has any atheists when God is conspicuous enough to occasionally make a hand puppet to mock you? This whole line of reasoning seems poorly thought out.

Bahaha presumably the river exists. Such an absurd remark. That's like saying presumably the river styx exists. You can presume unicorns exist as well, but doesn't mean you won't get laughed at.

Hell if I can presume there is an alternate universe in which anything is possible if I wanted to.

To actually believe any mythological tale (including those in Christianity) is borderline ridiculous if you've read enough of it.
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ember778 wrote:

Bahaha presumably the river exists. Such an absurd remark. That's like saying presumably the river styx exists. You can presume unicorns exist as well, but doesn't mean you won't get laughed at.

Dogen was saying that presumably it exists (or doesn't exist) regardless of anyone's beliefs IN THE SINFEST UNIVERSE, numbnuts.

The word "presumably" is suitable because we don't actually know how much of an effect characters' beliefs have on the rest of the world in Sinfest. Tat hasn't told us. In our natural world, they tend to have very little effect, so it seems reasonable to stick to that model until a deviation from it is defined, but that's somewhat tentative. Hence, it is presumable, but Tat could choose to throw it out the window if he so desired.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: