welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

10/03 In love with justice
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Halen

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you make your avatar a bit smaller miss magenta please? It's distorting the forum...
Miss Magenta

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, sorry. Can do right away, give me a moment.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heretical Rants wrote:
fritterdonut wrote:

Quote:
Careful now, Tank, we can't have you posting furry stuff now, ya hear? I mean, Jazzycat even has a Furaffinity account n' everything. They've drawn a squirrel drinking tea and an otter under a waterfall. They represent themselves online with an image of a girl with antlers. They've even created depictions of Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash which are more horselike than what is usual. We simply cannot stand for this outrage.

Can't tell if sarcasm or just dislike of furries.

Sarcasm.

Though in the case of Finnegan, I dunno. I just.... I dunno.

I don't make any assumptions to literary greatness or anything, and with the ativan and falling asleep on my keyboard 3 or 4 times, I'm amazed it came out semi-legible and not just as the QWERTY equivalent of the side of my face. It was done as a joke, I expected to get made fun of because of it, but I'm shocked that what I''m feeling instead is dumbfoundedness. Yes, dumbfoundedness and shock! Could it really be possible that there are folks out there who are too young to know who Toad of Toad Hall is? Sure they took down Mr. Toad's Wild Ride at disney several years ago, but The Wild in the Willows by Kenneth Grahame is a classic! Even if you're illiterate or too young or dumb to read then someone in your life by now should have read it out loud to you! It makes a totally fucking bitching bedtime story!

hey! rock bottom's not that bad
we've got glow-in-the-dark fish down here that's rad
Finnegan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

also furries are bad.... let's clear up any confusion.

hey! rock bottom's not that bad
we've got glow-in-the-dark fish down here that's rad
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finnegan wrote:

fuck you

another piece by the same artist

i mean look at this
it's pretty much the epitome of evil
Dogen

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, but like MLP, something many of us don't have any appreciation for. Partially because we had a bad experience where the forum was invaded by furries who posted pictures in every thread, which is irritating. Partially because a lot of people feel no singular affinity for animals to the extent that they pick one to "be."

I have a lot of respect for leaving people the hell alone (most of the time). I don't care if you're gay, or into S&M, or fursuiting, or whatever. I don't care if you knit, or DJ, or rebuild engines. But not giving a fuck means I don't care about your art depicting your hobby, either, and would rather not see it. Especially randomly injected into unrelated conversations. I appreciate the MLP thread and the knitting thread because I don't use them.
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogen wrote:
Especially randomly injected into unrelated conversations.

I didn't bring it up

Tank posted that allegory thing or whatever it was and I told him off for it in a sarcastic way.
Finnegan wrote:

I don't make any assumptions to literary greatness or anything, and with the ativan and falling asleep on my keyboard 3 or 4 times, I'm amazed it came out semi-legible and not just as the QWERTY equivalent of the side of my face. It was done as a joke, I expected to get made fun of because of it, but I'm shocked that what I''m feeling instead is dumbfoundedness. Yes, dumbfoundedness and shock! Could it really be possible that there are folks out there who are too young to know who Toad of Toad Hall is? Sure they took down Mr. Toad's Wild Ride at disney several years ago, but The Wild in the Willows by Kenneth Grahame is a classic! Even if you're illiterate or too young or dumb to read then someone in your life by now should have read it out loud to you! It makes a totally fucking bitching bedtime story!

The Wind in The Willows is pretty much my favorite furry novel of all time, btw.
Ronald

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cupid's got some nerve, presuming everyone has to be in love with someone in order to enjoy life. Or whatever.

Flavius Maximus wrote:
Like That Cupid Took Two Quick Shots.

Shows He Cares

I think the "two arrows" in Panel 3 is supposed to be one arrow moving and being deflected really fast. But I'll admit that I'm not sure.

Also, unless I'm in error, it's not really confirmed that Sinfest's Cupid is male, female, or other.
fritterdonut

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogen wrote:
No, but like MLP, something many of us don't have any appreciation for. Partially because we had a bad experience where the forum was invaded by furries who posted pictures in every thread, which is irritating. Partially because a lot of people feel no singular affinity for animals to the extent that they pick one to "be."

I have a lot of respect for leaving people the hell alone (most of the time). I don't care if you're gay, or into S&M, or fursuiting, or whatever. I don't care if you knit, or DJ, or rebuild engines. But not giving a fuck means I don't care about your art depicting your hobby, either, and would rather not see it. Especially randomly injected into unrelated conversations. I appreciate the MLP thread and the knitting thread because I don't use them.

The internet needs more people like you.

Heretical Rants wrote:
Finnegan wrote:

fuck you

And also more people like you.
It read 'Welcome to The End'
Dogen

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heretical Rants wrote:
Dogen wrote:
Especially randomly injected into unrelated conversations.

I didn't bring it up

Tank posted that allegory thing or whatever it was and I told him off for it in a sarcastic way.

I don't actually have any idea why Tank posted a picture of a dragon, but it falls under the same general sentiment (if it had any connection to allegories, I didn't catch it). I mean, I may be the only one, and I'm certainly not empowered to make rules or anything.
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Google-fu yields this:

Also the painting Tank posted is on the first page of results of a search for "allegory" on deviantArt.
It appears to be fanart for a rather zany webcomic

it's ... not a furry webcomic, at least not any more so than Sinfest, but it's...
uh
don't look it up if you have a ready propensity to want brain bleach

Oneponytoruleall

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We already know about Olaf, Heretical.
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't.
Oneponytoruleall

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heretical Rants wrote:
I didn't.

You were lost in the wilds of Tumblr brony fandom and we couldn't reach you. The communication lines were cut.
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey now, I don't spend that much time on Tumblrpon. According to my dashboard I've only liked(and subsequently downloaded)... uh, about 1000 posts.
on my newish account that I've only really been using for the last couple months
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: