welcome to the fest
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2012-10-06: Cupid's Arrow 6
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Monkey Mcdermott



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 3277

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck on ANSWERING THE DAMN QUESTION!
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Heretical Rants



Joined: 21 Jul 2009
Posts: 5193
Location: No.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ember778 wrote:
Maynar wrote:
They're not, actually. But that's okay, you go ahead with that. And I'm not ignorant about firearms by any means. Please keep your suppositions to yourself regarding my expertise in that area.

Good luck.


It's my opinion that they are. And I'm not sure what luck you're wishing me.


It's my opinion that they're not, and I just happen to own three of them. And a hefty box of ammo. soooooo....
Emmy778 wrote:

Ignorance is bliss. Guns are awesome man.

no.
_________________
butts
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dogen



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 10609
Location: Bellingham, WA

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OH SHIT I WAS CALLED A LITTLE GIRL?

... that doesn't actually bother me at all. Just some gender stereotyped bullshit from the guy who thinks girls are biologically bad at science.
_________________
"Worse comes to worst, my people come first, but my tribe lives on every country on earth. Iíll do anything to protect them from hurt, the human race is what I serve." - Baba Brinkman
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Maynar



Joined: 26 Jan 2011
Posts: 446
Location: Look into my eye...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm not sure what luck you're wishing me.


The best luck of all. None.
_________________
This toads the wet sprocket
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Yinello



Joined: 10 May 2012
Posts: 2642
Location: Behind you

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogen wrote:
OH SHIT I WAS CALLED A LITTLE GIRL?

... that doesn't actually bother me at all. Just some gender stereotyped bullshit from the guy who thinks girls are biologically bad at science.


Dogen, I swear, if you don't stop I will become your fangirl. For life.
_________________
Help. Help, my eyes are stuck from rolling so hard. Help.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ember778



Joined: 02 Aug 2012
Posts: 378

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heretical Rants wrote:
Ember778 wrote:
Maynar wrote:
They're not, actually. But that's okay, you go ahead with that. And I'm not ignorant about firearms by any means. Please keep your suppositions to yourself regarding my expertise in that area.

Good luck.


It's my opinion that they are. And I'm not sure what luck you're wishing me.


It's my opinion that they're not, and I just happen to own three of them. And a hefty box of ammo. soooooo....
Emmy778 wrote:

Ignorance is bliss. Guns are awesome man.

no.


What's the point of owning guns if you don't like them? Especially more than one? I mean maybe if you didn't like them, but you lived in a terrible neighborhood you'd have one for protection, but what's the point of owning three of something you don't like?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ronald



Joined: 17 Sep 2007
Posts: 3062

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Succubus1982 wrote:
Ember778 wrote:
So was Cupid's arrow pointed with alcohol or something? Because I'm pretty sure Seymour is underage.


And yet he's old enough to own a gun.


According to one school of thought, Seymour was created whole and complete, precisely as he is now:


http://www.sinfest.net/archive_page.php?comicID=3720

He was born however old he is and remains as such. He is literally as God made him. Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ember778



Joined: 02 Aug 2012
Posts: 378

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronald wrote:
Succubus1982 wrote:
Ember778 wrote:
So was Cupid's arrow pointed with alcohol or something? Because I'm pretty sure Seymour is underage.


And yet he's old enough to own a gun.


According to one school of thought, Seymour was created whole and complete, precisely as he is now:


http://www.sinfest.net/archive_page.php?comicID=3720

He was born however old he is and remains as such. He is literally as God made him. Wink


Very doubtful that's actually canon.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tricksterson



Joined: 18 Aug 2012
Posts: 436

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would make sense though. He's clearly not human, what with his head being a 3D smiley-face button with a halo antenna growing out of it.
_________________
I aim to misbehave
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
Miss Magenta



Joined: 09 Jun 2011
Posts: 1794
Location: im probably asleep right now

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gotta side with Ember on the matter. It's an allegory for the creation of man in general, not just Seymour, so while it's possible that it's literally how he was created, it's been like two years and I still don't think that is the case at all. (And even if it was how Tat had planned out how Seymour was born, it's been two years so it's highly probable that he changed his mind on the matter. There's also Tat's commentary on the bonus section of the first Sinfest book to keep in mind on the matter... like how Seymour doesn't start off looking or really acting that much like he does today?)

So it's about as canon as Sinfest Nights or this strip, even.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Maynar



Joined: 26 Jan 2011
Posts: 446
Location: Look into my eye...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
What's the point of owning guns if you don't like them? Especially more than one?


That being a necessity not an eventuality.
_________________
This toads the wet sprocket
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Ember778



Joined: 02 Aug 2012
Posts: 378

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maynar wrote:
Quote:
What's the point of owning guns if you don't like them? Especially more than one?


That being a necessity not an eventuality.


a .22LR, a small polymer 9mm, and a pump action shotgun?

Very doubtful you NEED three guns.

unless of course
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Succubus1982



Joined: 07 Oct 2009
Posts: 919
Location: England

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ember778 wrote:
What's the point of owning guns if you don't like them? Especially more than one?


I apologise for the random tangent but... your comment randomly reminded me of this. Again apologies. We now return you to your regularly scheduled program already in progress.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ember778



Joined: 02 Aug 2012
Posts: 378

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Succubus1982 wrote:
Ember778 wrote:
What's the point of owning guns if you don't like them? Especially more than one?


I apologise for the random tangent but... your comment randomly reminded me of this. Again apologies. We now return you to your regularly scheduled program already in progress.


Oh you better apologize. In this forum we don't take too kindly to those who stray from the topic at hand.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Heretical Rants



Joined: 21 Jul 2009
Posts: 5193
Location: No.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I own them because I'm to lazy to make any real effort at selling them.
_________________
butts
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group