welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Old drama, or "Why dragonwriter gets abused for newbs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DeD CHiKn

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monkey Mcdermott wrote:
The sinfest magic card series

I stumbled upon this the other day when someone mentioned googling their name.
Monkey Mcdermott

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its like a self written high school drama student monologue back there.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i sure am glad Batman is here to rape his sister for justice so we don't have to
Sam

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

~TO BE FAIR~ that is pretty much a "yes i was stupid and terrible and I was trying to do x and y and x and y were wrong" that was eight years in coming

Quote:
Reading through all of that, even skimming it, makes it pretty clear just why I have the reputation I do here. I don't remember typing or even thinking half of the stuff that's been quoted, but I have no doubt that I wrote it - I was really stupid back then. And highly medicated. And confused. And proud about nothing of any real value. And starving for attention. And trying to hide all of that like some kind of fool, which of course only made all of it that much more obvious to anyone with eyes in their head and a brain to think with. Probably a bunch of those still apply to me today.

this should have been your entire post along with "I'm sorry," not a drawn out it-s-about-my-redemption-creed thing. Okay but I am not going to harp on it. Just this

Quote:
I will have to live with that knowledge for the rest of my life - every morning, the cost of looking myself in the mirror proves to be far worse than any price the law makes me pay. It usually takes me a few days to work up the courage to shave.

I'll never get my humanity back, but it'll be worth it to try anyway; it's all I have left.

The self-loathing I picked up here taught me to doubt myself, to see the horrors I was capable of.

DW even if you had been capable of sticking with the "I fucked up, I was a prick" thing without any of the overwrought dramatudes, some almost decade old advice still applies:

get therapy.

That is no mean and nasty thing, that is not anything other than good advice you obviously need, a straight-up for real Doctorate of Psychology Psychologist with experience in these affairs, don't tell us whether or not you're going to do it (can't believe you either way anyway) just do it, shop around till you find one you sync well with, your shit is not unpacked, as it were
Monkey Mcdermott

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair enough sam, but what then?

"Oh a rapist and known liar says he paid the price clearly that means we should accept him and offer him sympathies for his suffering."

I don't buy that he paid some price, I don't really even buy that he turned himself in. I think he's a liar and his crocodile tears about the subject offend me profoundly.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's the beauty of it, is that even if every iota of that is genuine and true, or if it is still full of untruths and moral cover/projection mentalities whatever, EITHER CASE points to "i have issues i need to unpack with a qualified professional"

we don't have to buy anything to provide that advice, it is good advice, free of malice. a lot of people like to think that they are stalwart mental bootstrappy types who will samurai code their way through their own shit and it is a function of everything they don't get about their own maladaptive tendencies, but stuff like cognitive behavioral is measurably and demonstrably shown to move people to productive and rational appraisal and coping and the whole deal.

so that's that yanno! i just offer it! if it is refused cause he is gonna go it alone solowolf or whatever, welp. if it works and causes a genuine revelation, welp. if this isn't dw and is a name-assumer doing this for yuks, welp.
Dogen

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The age discrepancy thing has me curious now, too. I'd like to know how this all started when DW was 14 and his younger sister was 16.

I don't know what's more fucked up: actually being a selfish asshole who violates the rights of others or being a Munchausenesque addict willing to admit to same for the sake of attention.

Either way, professional care seems warranted. As does leaving us the fuck alone.
suds

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LEAVE BRITNEY ALONE
Dogen

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We already had Dickmas this year, suds.
Mr_Moustache

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course we had, dragonwriter is back.
Monkey Mcdermott

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man...I wish i hadn't dug back through that thread..its full of triggers.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I miss the olden days.

-Slick
Lasairfiona

Location: I have to be somewhere? ::runs around frantically::

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam wrote:
we don't have to buy anything to provide that advice, it is good advice, free of malice.

Which is why no one will take it seriously. This is Sinfest.

BTW I joined much after all of this. Brought over by CTrees from the Dominic Deegan forum. It looks like I should be glad I missed all this - I was not medicated when I joined sinfest and I was quite fucked in the head for a long time (it takes the medicine a while to work and then a while to accept blah blah blah) so I probably would have been in those screaming wars.

Anyway, is there anyone who doesn't live just to see Gary and Dennis in the same room?

suds

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogen wrote:
We already had Dickmas this year, suds.

But think about it

Think about it

Dickmas every day

Woooo
Lasairfiona

Location: I have to be somewhere? ::runs around frantically::

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Dickmas ornaments are in stores much too early. I say we eradicate the holiday.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: