welcome to the fest
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2012-10-14 Amber Returns
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Ember778



Joined: 02 Aug 2012
Posts: 378

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Succubus1982 wrote:
Arioch wrote:
> Well I'm hooked, whens the next episode?


Since you're new I'll teach you how to do quotes. See that button marked quote above the persons post. Click that then your post automatically starts with the quote tags in the right place for quoting what they said. Want to do more than one quote? No problem. Simply select the other statement you want to say paste it and put [ quote ] and [ / quote ] tags (minus the spaces) around it. Got it? Good Very Happy Welcome to Sinfest. Please keep all arms and legs inside the vehicle at all times and don't feed the Ember


Woah now. That's a little harsh. If I don't eat I won't be able to maintain muscle mass.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
trustedfaith



Joined: 09 Jul 2006
Posts: 3365
Location: My own little world...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Succubus1982 wrote:
Arioch wrote:
> Well I'm hooked, whens the next episode?


Since you're new I'll teach you how to do quotes. See that button marked quote above the persons post. Click that then your post automatically starts with the quote tags in the right place for quoting what they said. Want to do more than one quote? No problem. Simply select the other statement you want to say paste it and put [ quote ] and [ / quote ] tags (minus the spaces) around it. Got it? Good Very Happy Welcome to Sinfest. Please keep all arms and legs inside the vehicle at all times and don't feed the Ember


Haha, that last bit should be added to the rules alongside the most important of not puking on the strippers. Smile
_________________
I'm doing the twitter thing; you should stalk/follow me: http://twitter.com/sillygurlroo
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Arioch



Joined: 15 Oct 2012
Posts: 229

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Ember on diet ? Wink

Is manual tagging the only way to make multipart quotes here ?
That is very ineffective and tedious way. Cannot this forum be upgraded ?

Because that effectively leaves with two options - either quote nothing aor quot all and go on with top-posting.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dogen



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 10655
Location: Bellingham, WA

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that's the only way. Maybe it can be upgraded, but none of us is an administrator, and Tat is utterly hands-off... so there's not much choice.
_________________
"Worse comes to worst, my people come first, but my tribe lives on every country on earth. Iíll do anything to protect them from hurt, the human race is what I serve." - Baba Brinkman
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ember778



Joined: 02 Aug 2012
Posts: 378

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arioch wrote:
Is Ember on diet ? Wink

Is manual tagging the only way to make multipart quotes here ?
That is very ineffective and tedious way. Cannot this forum be upgraded ?

Because that effectively leaves with two options - either quote nothing aor quot all and go on with top-posting.


You can quote multiple things. Either use the tags at the top or use basic HTML. {quote="username"} stuffz {/quote} except use brackets instead of curly brackets.

And I'm always on a diet. Just depends on whether it's a caloric surplus or a caloric deficit.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Arioch



Joined: 15 Oct 2012
Posts: 229

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Dogen: there are time-proven conventions for quoting from NNTP-forums and mail-lists.
They are more space-savvy and much easier to type.
Though they seems to be not known today Smile

@Ember - yes, i mentioned manual tagging already.
But that seems as fun as measuring lake with a spoon Sad
And sinfest is to be fun place, not tedious one...

Well, if you consider manual tagging an integral part of having fun conversation, then good for you.
I would try to be conservative in quoting.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dogen



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 10655
Location: Bellingham, WA

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote however you like, it makes no difference to me.
_________________
"Worse comes to worst, my people come first, but my tribe lives on every country on earth. Iíll do anything to protect them from hurt, the human race is what I serve." - Baba Brinkman
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Succubus1982



Joined: 07 Oct 2009
Posts: 919
Location: England

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arioch wrote:
Is Ember on diet ? Wink


Yes. Yes he is. Feeding him results in him spewing bullshit all over. And it's not pleasant. Mad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ember778



Joined: 02 Aug 2012
Posts: 378

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Succubus1982 wrote:
Arioch wrote:
Is Ember on diet ? Wink


Yes. Yes he is. Feeding him results in him spewing bullshit all over. And it's not pleasant. Mad


See you call it bullshit, but that's just because it's opposing your own views.

I say you guys spew bullshit, just because I'm the minority here doesn't make my opinions less valid.

I swear if Romney wins I'm going to have a field day here though.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mouse



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 17096
Location: under the bed

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

because if he somehow fools half the voters into voting for him, all his lies (and yours!) will magically become true?

by the way - how are you coming with answering that cloture question? there will be cloture, even in a romney presidency, you know.
_________________
aka: neverscared!


Last edited by mouse on Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mouse



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 17096
Location: under the bed

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in case you've forgotten, it's:
Quote:

Ok. So if the Democrats have 54% of the senate, and they unanimously decide to pass a bill, and the Republicans filibuster it, can every one of the Dems:

A) unanimously vote for cloture, achieve cloture and get the bill passed anyway in spite of the filibustering?

or

B) not be able to achieve cloture even with 54% of the senate, thus not being able to pass the bill even if they were unanimously voting for it?

Answer this question. Say it is "A" or "B" ó it is one or the other.

Answer this.

_________________
aka: neverscared!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ember778



Joined: 02 Aug 2012
Posts: 378

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mouse wrote:
because if he somehow fools half the voters into voting for him, all his lies (and yours!) will magically become true?

by the way - how are you coming with answering that cloture question? there will be cloture, even in a romney presidency, you know.


As opposed to all of Obama's lies? If we win we'll get Veto power. It's like white power only better.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Succubus1982



Joined: 07 Oct 2009
Posts: 919
Location: England

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I rest my case Rolling Eyes I don't even have to give examples. Ember performs spectacularly at showing himself up.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ember778



Joined: 02 Aug 2012
Posts: 378

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Succubus1982 wrote:
And I rest my case Rolling Eyes I don't even have to give examples. Ember performs spectacularly at showing himself up.


I'd take a bow, but none of you would be able to see it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Monkey Mcdermott



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 3302

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ember778 wrote:
Succubus1982 wrote:
And I rest my case Rolling Eyes I don't even have to give examples. Ember performs spectacularly at showing himself up.


I'd take a bow, but none of you would be able to see it.


Try harder fuckface.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group