welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Oct. 13: Return of the God Hand!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr. Meddler

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:23 am    Post subject: Oct. 13: Return of the God Hand! Reply with quote

YAY!

Click here to see my artwork!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rothide

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

... Monique, do you really wanna see whats truly good and evil? It's probably not going to be easy to deal with. You're about to get a straight from the source definition on what is good and evil... and while that may be enlightening, what worries me is weather or not your beliefs were the same, or are you going to get a shock to the core.

I'm really interested in where this is going to go. I'm probably going to be highly disappointed, but still interested.
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

but the Bibble clearly says, NU.
Adyon

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When told to do (or not do) something, most people will want to know "Why?"

If you don't know, or want to shut down the talking, the quickie answer is "Because God says so".

If you are wandering in the desert and your followers are getting sick from eating parasite-ridden pork, saying God Forbids Pork will save lives. But it promotes ignorance. Once you know WHY that pork was bad, you can set up a piggery and raise pigs suitable for human consumption.

The trailblazers that questioned the edicts of God - that's where Monique is now. You go, girl!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

People always love to do what is clearly forbidden of them. Call it bold or thrilling, or what have you.

Oh, and uh, let's not get into a Dudebro vs. Feminist debate about this, mmm'kay?
Opinions are like ass holes: everybody has them. Sometimes they're clean... sometimes they stink... and sometimes they're just full of shit. But if you love shoving yours up on other people's faces, then you're a fucking whore.
Rothide

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SA_Penguin wrote:

If you don't know, or want to shut down the talking, the quickie answer is "Because God says so".

If you are wandering in the desert and your followers are getting sick from eating parasite-ridden pork, saying God Forbids Pork will save lives. But it promotes ignorance. Once you know WHY that pork was bad, you can set up a piggery and raise pigs suitable for human consumption.

The trailblazers that questioned the edicts of God - that's where Monique is now. You go, girl!

Or you know, there is a God and he did give these edicts so people wouldn't DIE.

I mean after they learned how to properly cook and raise animals, God pretty said so much to Peter, Acts 10:9-17 has peter having a "dream" from God that he could go out and eat any animal that stood before him (the common and the uncleaned) peter said he was not allowed to, but God replies (what I have cleansed, thou shalt not call common) course this could also be seen to a non believer as the church understanding that people can raise these animals well enough now and cook them thoroughly to not cause themselves to get sick and die, and wrote that.

So either you can think of God actually giving strict rules in the Old Testament to keep his chosen people from dying, or you can see a big elaborate hoax to keep the people from questioning. Either way says much about yourself.
Rothide

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doublepost sorry

Last edited by Rothide on Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Rothide

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holocauxt wrote:
People always love to do what is clearly forbidden of them. Call it bold or thrilling, or what have you.

Oh, and uh, let's not get into a Dudebro vs. Feminist debate about this, mmm'kay?

I don't think it will go there, unless Tat specifically takes it there. Oh wait what am I thinking this is the Sinfest Forums! (Grabs his firesuit) FLAME ON!
Catel

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An apple a day, keeps God away.
Maynar

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't picture an elephant.
joandark

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rothide wrote:
SA_Penguin wrote:

Or you know, there is a God and he did give these edicts so people wouldn't DIE.

I mean after they learned how to properly cook and raise animals, God pretty said so much to Peter, Acts 10:9-17 has peter having a "dream" from God that he could go out and eat any animal that stood before him (the common and the uncleaned) peter said he was not allowed to, but God replies (what I have cleansed, thou shalt not call common) course this could also be seen to a non believer as the church understanding that people can raise these animals well enough now and cook them thoroughly to not cause themselves to get sick and die, and wrote that.

So either you can think of God actually giving strict rules in the Old Testament to keep his chosen people from dying, or you can see a big elaborate hoax to keep the people from questioning. Either way says much about yourself.

Oh, yes. Saying that "God did it" is such a big elaborate hoax. Definitely. Rolling Eyes And your theory of a all powerful being telling man what animals they should and should not eat based on hygienic conditions of the time makes so much more sense. Well done, sir or ma'am. My hat is off to thee.
Adyon

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rothide wrote:
SA_Penguin wrote:

This actually is a great philosophy point. In this we see the huge divide. That is also why so many aren't willing to give up on faith in something. Because many things in the Bible speak of what we believe is knowledge beyond the humans of the time's understanding. But was it really? Conversations like that actually made for fun discussions in college. Theirs definitely points for both sides.

On the one hand, we see more and more from races like the Mayans that high levels of thought existed for many years. On the other hand, we have things like people refusing to wash there hands before delivering babies, unwilling to believe in tiny microscopic things that could cause someone to get sick. Is the one unique or is the other the exception? It's a question that is hard to answer, and thus just makes for the funnest discussions! They're better in real life than on the internet, though. Internet means you can't talk in a round or have time to go off on trains of thoughts. It never goes anywhere. I miss college environments sometimes. v_v

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it was a divinely inspired guide to survival it would have included a hell of a lot more useful information instead of just stuff that stone age idiots had already figured out.

Oh hey people who are eating this are getting sick, maybe we shouldn't eat it, durhuurrr.

Last edited by Heretical Rants on Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:31 am; edited 1 time in total
MerchManDan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, way to go, Big G. You act like the Supreme Douchebag towards your creations, so they disobey you. Kudos, Lord. Kudos.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: