welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2012-10-21: Drawing From Reality
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arioch

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zorlond wrote:
Her horns. In the Reality Zone panels, they appear to simply be sitting on top of her hair, like berets. This kinda throws me off a little, as most horns instead upthrust out of the skull of a creature.

Give reality a bit of time to take her effect. Just like the hand flesh did not fallen instantly, the bones would require some time too.
Yet in the end you would have your realistic skull with, most probably, realistic lack of horns. The only thing required to make her head look real is to hold Fuchsia there long enough and deny her attempt to save herself.
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holocauxt wrote:
Pebbles also exists fine in the Reality Zone. She only started burning because she was wearing Seymour's Holy Cap.

right you are. I now tentatively reject the "really doesn't exist" theory
(maybe some of the devil people are really humans/real in some other way, while others really don't exist)

Arioch wrote:
Zorlond wrote:
Her horns. In the Reality Zone panels, they appear to simply be sitting on top of her hair, like berets. This kinda throws me off a little, as most horns instead upthrust out of the skull of a creature.

Give reality a bit of time to take her effect. Just like the hand flesh did not fallen instantly, the bones would require some time too.
Yet in the end you would have your realistic skull with, most probably, realistic lack of horns. The only thing required to make her head look real is to hold Fuchsia there long enough and deny her attempt to save herself.

a thoroughly burned devil skull might crumble in the reality zone before it has a chance to stop having horns
or maybe these are real horns and Tat just didn't draw the hair flowing around them because it would interfere with some other aesthetic? dunno
Arioch

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lack of skull does not contradict lack of horns, that is just ultimate form of it.
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arioch wrote:
lack of skull does not contradict lack of horns, that is just ultimate form of it.

no, in that case the horns would still be there in crumbled burned dusty crisp form
Zorlond

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arioch wrote:
Zorlond wrote:

Please note that she instantly aquired a fifth finger, and instantly lost it when she stepped out of the zone. That's a minimum of four bones, plus ligaments and muscle connections all the way up the forearm. That strikes me as far trickier than a couple little 2" horns on her skull.
Adyon

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Late to the party, so basically everything I could think about here has been said so...I'll just quote reiterate this:
Succubus1982 wrote:
Miss Magenta wrote:
Serious art boner.

Amen Embarassed ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Seriously...her hair...OMG. Want. to. pet. the. hair.

I also love panel four's depth in tones.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zorlond wrote:
Please note that she instantly aquired a fifth finger

not at all Razz

look at left hand at panel #4: the little finger is less than half in size, as if it was cut away. So it also took some (short) time to grow Very Happy
Nekomancer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some episodes ago Fushia was having a frustrating time with her art, but now, encountering "reality", she finally is able to create a real work of art. Even though she cannot enter "reality" fully she can now share a glipse of it within her Sinfest world. I suppose I could go philosophical and that the Reality Zone gives one a chance to approach the Nominal, but one can never reach the Nominal -- all you can show is the Phenominal (Immanual Kant). She's made incredible progress. What Crimmy merely reads about, she has experienced. But Crimmy learnt something some days ago when he enters and then leaves to be with her. He's discovered something deeper about the heart. "The heart has reasons which the mind knows not of" (Pascal). Good job Tat!
TheJabawack

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might be intresting to see Fuchsia painting realistic portraits of the chracters of Sinfest.

Despite her "problems" with the reality zone, the zone colud be a great source of inspiration for Fuchsia.
'Cause there's bugger all down here on Earth
Adyon

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

God, I want to do some realistic Sinfest people sketches now. Maybe here in a couple weeks when I have this comic done and sent. Seriously, after I get back here in a couple days I have like 15 days to ink and color 24 pages. >.< I wish I did chibis. =/

Hopefully after I can do some fun sketches in before other projects. Fuchsia's hair looks like fun. And so many in general look fun to do.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the "Fuck You!" look she gives the Reality Zone sign in the 11th panel.
wobster109

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like the intention is that devil girls can't exist in the Reality Zone, not even Pebbles. http://www.sinfest.net/archive_page.php?comicID=3904 To me, it looks like her hand is spontaneously catching fire (if it caught fire from the hat, I'd expect the fire to start on the palm, not the back of the hand). Besides, it seems strange for a hat to have trouble in the Reality Zone. I'd interpreted it as fire starting from Pebbles and spreading to the hat, not the other way around.
redshirt26

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once again, Sinfest has ruined my theoretical fanfiction. Mark my words, sooner or later through some type of Jesus-bomf or God-bomf, she will take her well deserved nap under the realitree.

Reality is overrated.
Vancore

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wobster109 wrote:
I feel like the intention is that devil girls can't exist in the Reality Zone, not even Pebbles. http://www.sinfest.net/archive_page.php?comicID=3904 To me, it looks like her hand is spontaneously catching fire (if it caught fire from the hat, I'd expect the fire to start on the palm, not the back of the hand). Besides, it seems strange for a hat to have trouble in the Reality Zone. I'd interpreted it as fire starting from Pebbles and spreading to the hat, not the other way around.

So some burst into flames and others crumble to dust!! Argh Reality can be so unreliable sometimes.

I like the look of defiance she gives the reality zone in panel 2, its a great expression.
Xalca

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am of the "she is aging super fast" belief. Her right hand enters the reality zone first, and becomes more and more aged looking, until it begins to disintegrate.

As an aside, I love all the strips involving the reality zone and want to know all of it's properties. But we all know that wont happen... Crying or Very sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: