welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

18 Nov 2012 - Conch Shell
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 30, 31, 32  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MerchManDan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see how a guy complaining about getting friendzoned is being manipulative.
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the manipulative use of guilt?
Dogen

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MerchManDan wrote:
I don't see how a guy complaining about getting friendzoned is being manipulative.

It depends on to whom he's complaining. If he's doing it to a lady (or, er, complaining to a lady because they're not doing it), it's manipulative. If he's complaining inside his head, probably not. Either way, he's upset about something that doesn't exist.
Dogen

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

... So as to avoid any personal responsibility for not hooking up/going out/whatever.
fritterdonut

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As someone whose done a fair bit of arc welding, I just wanted to point out that lifting your welding mask while welding is a great way to do some serious UV damage to your eyes. Especially if you're doing stick (not so much for MIG because the nozzle tends blocks your view of the arc somewhat).

Unless she's doing OxyAce welding, and those goggles/safety glasses are at least shade #5, in which case it's fine.

Workshop safety awaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy
Samsally

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having had "friends" completely up and disappear without word because I had the audacity to date somebody not them (keeping in mind, none of 'em asked me out) really crashed my self-esteem at one point.

I'm not the prettiest girl in the world, but I definitely won the genetic lottery in that I'm skinny with big eyes and lips. I was thoroughly convinced for the longest time that my looks were the only reason dudes would ever talk to me. It wasn't narcissism. I thought I was so awful and impossible to deal with that as soon as they -actually- got to know me they'd book it.

So you know what? Fuck this idea that being 'friendzoned' is the WORST FUCKING THING that could possibly happen to you. And seriously, fuck anybody who's decided a girl (any girl) is only worth their time if there is some hope they'll get to fuck her later. And none of this bullshit about love, if she isn't worth their time as a friend then they're obviously just making up excuses to expect sex.
starkruzr

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just as those people needed to learn there is more to relationships with the opposite sex than romance, so did you need to learn that your experience did not reflect on you as a person of worth.

There are a lot of lonely people in the world, and many of them have a very difficult time bearing it.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the Friend Zone™ only applies to people of the male persuasion?
fritterdonut

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno about you guys but I just count myself lucky to even be in a so called "friendzone". You can never have enough friends.

Although I tend to think of myself more as that friend you know who helps you with stuff (moving heavy stuff, helping with chemistry work) than as a serious romantic interest. This is probably a bad thing.
Monkey Mcdermott

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guest wrote:

No, men just snivel about it like it puts their ittle peeners in a vice more.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't completely clear, but I did speak in past tense for a reason. My sense of self worth is fine, now.

That in no way means that their behavior was any less shitty and underhanded.
starkruzr

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monkey Mcdermott wrote:
Guest wrote:

There are lots of people who can't see beyond the ends of their noses when it comes to interpersonal relationships, but shitting on them for it doesn't really accomplish anything.

When their self-destructive behavior affects other people, sure, call them out on it, but believe me, otherwise, they're suffering enough.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monkey Mcdermott wrote:
Guest wrote:

Women never snivel about being put in the friend zone? If it applies to both sexes, I figure there's about equal time spent snivelling around both, no? Or were you just sneering again?

Also, 'peener in a vice.' Were you...?
Monkey Mcdermott

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

starkruzr wrote:
Monkey Mcdermott wrote:
Guest wrote:

There are lots of people who can't see beyond the ends of their noses when it comes to interpersonal relationships, but shitting on them for it doesn't really accomplish anything.

When their self-destructive behavior affects other people, sure, call them out on it, but believe me, otherwise, they're suffering enough.

No, not nearly enough. Not until their suffering is enough to get them to change their behavior is it enough.

Also...no one cares what your take on things is any more guest, you've shit the bed in these kinds of conversations too often.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monkey Mcdermott wrote:
starkruzr wrote:
Monkey Mcdermott wrote:
Guest wrote:

Also...no one cares what your take on things is any more guest, you've shit the bed in these kinds of conversations too often.

Rather than 'my take on things', I did ask you two questions. I guess two answers are out of the ... question?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 30, 31, 32  Next
Page 3 of 32

Jump to: