welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Gimme gimme gimme Christmas list
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SomeGuy411 wrote:
All I need is the world to not end and for the US economy to not collapse. And maybe tuition to suddenly become cheaper.

Seriously though, I hear ya on having trouble with christmas lists. My sister and I split and got my mum a boardgame and got my dad a piece of music equipment (a pedal for his guitar, I think. She was the one to order it, so it's not fresh on my mind).

Yeah, of all the things in the tax debate, the student loan rebate is what I want them to keep the most.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
eureka00

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samsally wrote:
Definitely super cute. If I had a desk I'd be making puppy eyes for one to put on it!

http://www.thenshemade.com/2011/01/sock-snowmen.html

Here's the blog that shows how to make them. If you have some holey socks, it's a great way to use em. You don't use the foot part of the white sock. Also, if you have a glue gun, some colorful socks, and a few buttons on hand you can whip one up in like 10 minutes. If I hadn't had my 2 year old adamant about helping me it would have gone faster. Razz
Yorick

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eureka00 wrote:
I made this lil snowman today. I just need to get a toothpick painted orange for her nose yet. Think I'm going to make a couple more for my daughter's teachers for gifts. Smile Might even put some potpourri in the bottom of those.

don't bother with the nose, it looks great as is!

(also pointy things might be painful around small children)
eureka00

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm giving this one away to my secret Santa at work on Friday. She kinda needs a nose to look more snowmanish. (I do think she is cute without though)
mouse

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i also agree on the cute without. she looks like she's huddled down in her sweater, keeping her nose safe from the cold, and big-eyed at the whole snow thing.
eureka00

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I hot glued on her nose last night, and then I went to bed since today was the gift giving day for secret santa. My cat attacked her in the night...and she had been sitting on the table with no problem for a week!!! Apparently the nose made it a strange and dangerous creature. Luckily, he only pulled her hat off and squashed the nose to one side when she fell over. On the bad side of things...I didn't get a gift today from my secret santa. Sad Why am I always the one who doesn't get anything?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: