welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2012-11-29: Why Must You Judge Me?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Holocauxt

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:34 am    Post subject: 2012-11-29: Why Must You Judge Me? Reply with quote

Guh... Kcils is really annoying... Lecherous and hypocritical... I guess he really did replace satanist Li'l E.
Opinions are like ass holes: everybody has them. Sometimes they're clean... sometimes they stink... and sometimes they're just full of shit. But if you love shoving yours up on other people's faces, then you're a fucking whore.
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no he didn't.

satanist lil' e was funny at times.
joandark

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadowCell wrote:

Don't you mean:
ShadowCell wrote:
satanist lil' e was funny at all times.

How the hell does the skinny one survive when it looks like she could be broken in half by a stiff breeze? Say whatever you want about objectification or "wow, judgmental men", but that doesn't look medically feasible. At least the "fat" one looks like she's at a healthy chunky, not obese or anything. Also she's wearing a sweater... and has short hair...

Samsally

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No really, the only thing better than getting objectified and rated by dudes was all the assholes who whispered darkly about how I was unhealthy and needed to eat more.

Your comment is not clever and it is not original.
joandark

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samsally wrote:
No really, the only thing better than getting objectified and rated by dudes was all the assholes who whispered darkly about how I was unhealthy and needed to eat more.

Your comment is not clever and it is not original.

Yeah, you're right. I was just trying to see it from another perspective and failed. It's what you have to do to know you aren't judging people unfairly. I promise I won't do it again.
diagram12345

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

joandark wrote:
ShadowCell wrote:

Don't you mean:
ShadowCell wrote:
satanist lil' e was funny at all times.

How the hell does the skinny one survive when it looks like she could be broken in half by a stiff breeze? Say whatever you want about objectification or "wow, judgmental men", but that doesn't look medically feasible. At least the "fat" one looks like she's at a healthy chunky, not obese or anything. Also she's wearing a sweater... and has short hair...

She does look rather fragile. Reminds me of a friend of mine who barely eats -- it's depressing to see how bony she is and hear about how she has to go to the doctor for her various health problems, but it's her life.
Succubus1982

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree the skinny girl is too skinny but I wouldn't abuse her about it if I happened to encounter her, I would just feel sorry for her and wonder if she had issues that lead to that sort of condition i.e. anorexia or body dismorphia or plain and simple pressure from others about her looks. I'm more like the 'fat' girl but I'm happy my size and don't much care if people outwardly abuse me about it (which they do frequently) but I am aware that same skinny girl is probably thinking precisely the same thing about me. "Ugh look how fat that girl is, she's all arse and boobs, she must have a binge-eating disorder, poor her". The difference is, she probably cares. I don't.
LarsenSan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Women rate men on the same basis. It's a draw here.
Ronald

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:18 pm    Post subject: Re: 2012-11-29: Why Must You Judge Me? Reply with quote

I don't see anything wrong per se with having standards of attractiveness. Why would Devil Slick want to pursue a woman whom he found unattractive? I'm fairly certain that women don't make a point of pursuing men whom they find unattractive.

http://www.sinfest.net/archive_page.php?comicID=2500

http://www.sinfest.net/archive_page.php?comicID=2369

http://www.sinfest.net/archive_page.php?comicID=1851

http://www.sinfest.net/archive_page.php?comicID=810

http://www.sinfest.net/archive_page.php?comicID=1353

(and these are just the ones I could quickly find in the Archives)

"Take what you can get," yeah, I can imagine that going over really well with a woman...
Succubus1982

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're women we're allowed to have double standards Razz

Having said that, guy 1 on that first strip that Monique rates as too soft, I'd probably like. I like Criminy type guys, they're adorable or rather 'adorkable'. Unfortunately they're usually intimidated by me Crying or Very sad
Raal

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:50 pm    Post subject: Re: 2012-11-29: Why Must You Judge Me? Reply with quote

Ronald wrote:
I don't see anything wrong per se with having standards of attractiveness. Why would Devil Slick want to pursue a woman whom he found unattractive? I'm fairly certain that women don't make a point of pursuing men whom they find unattractive.

I think the main difference (leaving patriarchy aside)is he's judging them openly, he's not just thinking. Plus, he's judging them without a preceding conversation where they propted for an opinion. He's just a judgemental douche.
Ronald

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:03 pm    Post subject: Re: 2012-11-29: Why Must You Judge Me? Reply with quote

Raal wrote:
Ronald wrote:

I think the main difference (leaving patriarchy aside)is he's judging them openly, he's not just thinking. Plus, he's judging them without a preceding conversation where they propted for an opinion. He's just a judgemental douche.

Seems to me like he's talking to himself, not to them, though. At least, they're not reacting to him. Panel 2 Woman gives no sign that she can hear him. But whatever.
diagram12345

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LarsenSan wrote:
Women rate men on the same basis. It's a draw here.

The "what about the mens??" argument glosses a number of gender differences. The fact is, women don't rate men in the same way. For example, I've never seen a woman attach a number to a man's body.
diagram12345

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:17 pm    Post subject: Re: 2012-11-29: Why Must You Judge Me? Reply with quote

Raal wrote:
Ronald wrote:

Didn't you guys see the fourth panel of the comic? :-|
The point is not that he's judging, but when judgement is turned back upon him, he's upset.
Shadow Master

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Too skinny"?

Does not compute... does not compute.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: