welcome to the fest
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2012-11-29: Why Must You Judge Me?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Holocauxt



Joined: 18 May 2012
Posts: 348

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:34 am    Post subject: 2012-11-29: Why Must You Judge Me? Reply with quote



Guh... Kcils is really annoying... Lecherous and hypocritical... I guess he really did replace satanist Li'l E.
_________________
Opinions are like ass holes: everybody has them. Sometimes they're clean... sometimes they stink... and sometimes they're just full of shit. But if you love shoving yours up on other people's faces, then you're a fucking whore.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ShadowCell



Joined: 03 Aug 2008
Posts: 6118
Location: California

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no he didn't.

satanist lil' e was funny at times.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
joandark



Joined: 15 Jul 2011
Posts: 267
Location: New Austria

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadowCell wrote:
satanist lil' e was funny at times.

Don't you mean:
ShadowCell wrote:
satanist lil' e was funny at all times.


How the hell does the skinny one survive when it looks like she could be broken in half by a stiff breeze? Say whatever you want about objectification or "wow, judgmental men", but that doesn't look medically feasible. At least the "fat" one looks like she's at a healthy chunky, not obese or anything. Also she's wearing a sweater... and has short hair...

....
_________________
DON'T PANIC
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Samsally



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 6574

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No really, the only thing better than getting objectified and rated by dudes was all the assholes who whispered darkly about how I was unhealthy and needed to eat more.

Your comment is not clever and it is not original.
_________________
Samsally the GrayAce
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
joandark



Joined: 15 Jul 2011
Posts: 267
Location: New Austria

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samsally wrote:
No really, the only thing better than getting objectified and rated by dudes was all the assholes who whispered darkly about how I was unhealthy and needed to eat more.

Your comment is not clever and it is not original.


Yeah, you're right. I was just trying to see it from another perspective and failed. It's what you have to do to know you aren't judging people unfairly. I promise I won't do it again.
_________________
DON'T PANIC
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
diagram12345



Joined: 08 Jul 2012
Posts: 162

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

joandark wrote:
ShadowCell wrote:
satanist lil' e was funny at times.

Don't you mean:
ShadowCell wrote:
satanist lil' e was funny at all times.


How the hell does the skinny one survive when it looks like she could be broken in half by a stiff breeze? Say whatever you want about objectification or "wow, judgmental men", but that doesn't look medically feasible. At least the "fat" one looks like she's at a healthy chunky, not obese or anything. Also she's wearing a sweater... and has short hair...

....


She does look rather fragile. Reminds me of a friend of mine who barely eats -- it's depressing to see how bony she is and hear about how she has to go to the doctor for her various health problems, but it's her life.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Succubus1982



Joined: 07 Oct 2009
Posts: 919
Location: England

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree the skinny girl is too skinny but I wouldn't abuse her about it if I happened to encounter her, I would just feel sorry for her and wonder if she had issues that lead to that sort of condition i.e. anorexia or body dismorphia or plain and simple pressure from others about her looks. I'm more like the 'fat' girl but I'm happy my size and don't much care if people outwardly abuse me about it (which they do frequently) but I am aware that same skinny girl is probably thinking precisely the same thing about me. "Ugh look how fat that girl is, she's all arse and boobs, she must have a binge-eating disorder, poor her". The difference is, she probably cares. I don't.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LarsenSan



Joined: 11 May 2012
Posts: 63

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Women rate men on the same basis. It's a draw here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ronald



Joined: 17 Sep 2007
Posts: 3412

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:18 pm    Post subject: Re: 2012-11-29: Why Must You Judge Me? Reply with quote

I don't see anything wrong per se with having standards of attractiveness. Why would Devil Slick want to pursue a woman whom he found unattractive? I'm fairly certain that women don't make a point of pursuing men whom they find unattractive.


http://www.sinfest.net/archive_page.php?comicID=2500


http://www.sinfest.net/archive_page.php?comicID=2369


http://www.sinfest.net/archive_page.php?comicID=1851


http://www.sinfest.net/archive_page.php?comicID=810


http://www.sinfest.net/archive_page.php?comicID=1353

(and these are just the ones I could quickly find in the Archives)

"Take what you can get," yeah, I can imagine that going over really well with a woman...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Succubus1982



Joined: 07 Oct 2009
Posts: 919
Location: England

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're women we're allowed to have double standards Razz

Having said that, guy 1 on that first strip that Monique rates as too soft, I'd probably like. I like Criminy type guys, they're adorable or rather 'adorkable'. Unfortunately they're usually intimidated by me Crying or Very sad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Raal



Joined: 16 Jun 2012
Posts: 53

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:50 pm    Post subject: Re: 2012-11-29: Why Must You Judge Me? Reply with quote

Ronald wrote:
I don't see anything wrong per se with having standards of attractiveness. Why would Devil Slick want to pursue a woman whom he found unattractive? I'm fairly certain that women don't make a point of pursuing men whom they find unattractive.


I think the main difference (leaving patriarchy aside)is he's judging them openly, he's not just thinking. Plus, he's judging them without a preceding conversation where they propted for an opinion. He's just a judgemental douche.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ronald



Joined: 17 Sep 2007
Posts: 3412

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:03 pm    Post subject: Re: 2012-11-29: Why Must You Judge Me? Reply with quote

Raal wrote:
Ronald wrote:
I don't see anything wrong per se with having standards of attractiveness. Why would Devil Slick want to pursue a woman whom he found unattractive? I'm fairly certain that women don't make a point of pursuing men whom they find unattractive.


I think the main difference (leaving patriarchy aside)is he's judging them openly, he's not just thinking. Plus, he's judging them without a preceding conversation where they propted for an opinion. He's just a judgemental douche.


Seems to me like he's talking to himself, not to them, though. At least, they're not reacting to him. Panel 2 Woman gives no sign that she can hear him. But whatever.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
diagram12345



Joined: 08 Jul 2012
Posts: 162

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LarsenSan wrote:
Women rate men on the same basis. It's a draw here.


The "what about the mens??" argument glosses a number of gender differences. The fact is, women don't rate men in the same way. For example, I've never seen a woman attach a number to a man's body.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
diagram12345



Joined: 08 Jul 2012
Posts: 162

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:17 pm    Post subject: Re: 2012-11-29: Why Must You Judge Me? Reply with quote

Raal wrote:
Ronald wrote:
I don't see anything wrong per se with having standards of attractiveness. Why would Devil Slick want to pursue a woman whom he found unattractive? I'm fairly certain that women don't make a point of pursuing men whom they find unattractive.


I think the main difference (leaving patriarchy aside)is he's judging them openly, he's not just thinking. Plus, he's judging them without a preceding conversation where they propted for an opinion. He's just a judgemental douche.


Didn't you guys see the fourth panel of the comic? :-|
The point is not that he's judging, but when judgement is turned back upon him, he's upset.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Shadow Master



Joined: 18 May 2012
Posts: 95

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Too skinny"?

Does not compute... does not compute.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group