welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2/13/2009-Look at my Guns!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
OriginalCrazyone

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:11 am    Post subject: 2/13/2009-Look at my Guns! Reply with quote

poor uncle sam..

mama put my guns to the ground.... I can't shoot them anymore...

-OcO-
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Uncle Taylorbell

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old fucking news. idontknow posted this years ago.
idontknow

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent comic. Both funny, and certainly says something on both a national level as well as a individual level. I've seen Americans act this way both on a one-on-one basis with others while traveling, as well as the last 8 years politically has demonstrated this behavior. An interesting article that contributes to this strip's theme can be seen here: http://miscellanea.wellingtongrey.net/2008/10/26/were-not-number-one/ It may be a surprise to so many of Americans who repeat the "we're the best" dogma and don't even pause to question if it really is true.

Sadly enough, so often many Americans automatically thing "different" is "wrong" when in fact "different" can simply be "different." If I had spelled 'behavior' or 'traveling' differently, as in the way the REST OF THE ENTIRE ENGLISH SPEAKING WORLD SPELLS IT, it wouldn't surprise me if someone would have made a comment wondering why I spelled it with a 'u' or an extra 'l' - often the knee-jerk reaction to "something different" is "that's weird" implying that is wrong.

So in summary, an excellent comic that is both funny on its own, as well as poignant commentary. Well done, Tat! I like the little DeVry degree in the last panel too! :)
Uncle Taylorbell

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

idontknow wrote:
Sadly enough, so often many Americans automatically thing "different" is "wrong" when in fact "different" can simply be "different." If I had spelled 'behavior' or 'traveling' differently, as in the way the REST OF THE ENTIRE ENGLISH SPEAKING WORLD SPELLS IT, it wouldn't surprise me if someone would have made a comment wondering why I spelled it with a 'u' or an extra 'l' - often the knee-jerk reaction to "something different" is "that's weird" implying that is wrong.

So in summary, an excellent comic that is both funny on its own, as well as poignant commentary. Well done, Tat! I like the little DeVry degree in the last panel too! Smile

Though most Americans manage 'think' rather than your 'thing'.

Oh, also:

AGAIN.

I could go on, but since you were asking for it, I think I'd rather go and have a wank in the corner. I enjoy wanking more than you enjoy trolling. Also, I am better at wanking than you are at trolling.

cf. my lovely penis, with it's smooth shaft vs your blistered penis and it's custardy puss.
idontknow

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uncle Taylorbell wrote:
Though most Americans manage 'think' rather than your 'thing'.

Dude, I'm not trolling. If there was a typo in there, so be it, but it's far from trolling. I just made a thought-out opinion of behavior that I do see.

Facts: many americans on a personal level while traveling are (1) loud (2) think they're the best (3) tell everyone they're the best (4) talk about how great the US military is (5) do not consider other country's have other ways of doing things and (6) nobody wants to hang out with them. That is behavior I have seen and I am CONFIDENT that others have seen it as well. Where do you think the stereotype of the American tourist came from? This is a pretty basic, common, and accurate observation for anyone who has traveled outside of this country.

Secondly, the same behavior as shown in the strip has also been seen on a political level for the past 8 years.

Hopefully with Obama coming in more people are going to realize that this is the message we have been sending the world, both on a political-level as well as often an personal-level. I hope so. Personally I really believe this country needs to make that change on so many levels.

Not a single percent of trolling in my past post, but I should point out that, ironically enough, you are demonstrating the exact behavior I touched upon in the post you took offense to. Just because I present an opinion that you do not like, you do not need to attack it by calling it names. Perhaps I just happen to have an opinion that may differ from your's.
Uncle Taylorbell

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOOD EVENING EVERYONE.

WE'RE BACK.

WE'RE BACK.

BACK BACK AGAIN.

BACK AGAIN.

BACK BACK AGAIN.

BACK AGAIN.

BACK BACK AGAIN.

YOU'RE ALL LOOKING AT ME LIKE I'M A GONNA SET YOU FREE.

BACK BACK AGAIN.

SHE'S A WOMAN YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN?

SHE'S A WOMAN YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN>

BACK BACK AGAIN.

YOU'RE ALL LOOKING AT ME LIKE I'M GONNA SET YOU FREE.

shit.

the song just done endedenededdeddedeeedelolololoololoooll
idontknow

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*sigh*

I'm going to take a break and let certain people calm down.

When I come back I'll try to discuss Sinfest thoughtfully with other like-minded people. If people still continue blindly/pointlessly detract, however, please take note that they're being the troll.
Thy Brilliance

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Escapism is a bitch.
Uncle Taylorbell

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because you can't you won't and you don't stop.
Bollocks

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who is DeVry?
Thy Brilliance

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

University
Forlorn Devil

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't know DeVry had psychology degree programs. I want to take some computer information courses there.
Tleilaxu_Ghola

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

idontknow, you surely can't be that naive. Your post boarders on generalizing all Americans as obnoxious, loud and inconsiderate. You could quibble about what was meant by "many" in your post, but at the very least you're belittling those "many" you are addressing. Degrading comments, however supported and delivered is trolling, as it can accomplish no good apart from inciting dissent. It is likely that many American readers (myself included) thought you were including them in your self-righteous generalization.

The proper avenue for disseminating your opinions would be to do exactly as Tat has done: describe the behavior and let the reader come to their own conclusion.
Keign

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's trolling because trolls troll. Period.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
KDX

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forlorn Devil wrote:
I didn't know DeVry had psychology degree programs. I want to take some computer information courses there.

They don't have a psychology program, only bunsiness, technolohy, and maybe a few others. So it's a joke. A Devry graduate shouldn't be counciling Uncle Sam.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: