welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Year, New Vices!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pint

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darqcyde wrote:
Dogen wrote:
Pint wrote:
I plan to drink a bigger variety of wine Smile

Now that is a plan I could get behind. I'm going to do that, too.

I'm down with this.

We should start a blog called "Neophyte Oenophiles" -- who's with me? If it goes bad we'll change the name to "Greenhorn Hobos"

Love it. We can talk about the random wines we try and whether or not they are worthy for others to try Smile
Dogen

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll start! Apothic Red, a red blend. It's so good my friends in a hoity-toity wine club bought a case. It sells for $12, but I find it for $9 all the time.

Also Rex-Goliath Giant 47 Pound Rooster cab. It's $8-10 and amazingly good.

Those are my first recommendations. Drink and be merry!
Jinx

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in for the blog. Since I've never blogged before, I have a noob question - How to multiple people share a blog? Or are we really talking about a thread on the forum?

I've had Rex-Goliath 47 Pound Rooster before, maybe the Cab, definitely the Pinot. I liked it. Very good wine at a decent price.
Michael

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CTrees wrote:
Pretty sure my wife and I are going to start trying to have a kid. Like, we even have names picked out, but the next few months have a lot of potential economic changes that we (by which I mean I) want to see the result of before committing. Just need some more practice so my marksmanship is above NYPD standards.

This is why you shouldn't just skim texts :)
Pint

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jinx wrote:
I'm in for the blog. Since I've never blogged before, I have a noob question - How to multiple people share a blog? Or are we really talking about a thread on the forum?

I've had Rex-Goliath 47 Pound Rooster before, maybe the Cab, definitely the Pinot. I liked it. Very good wine at a decent price.

I've never blogged either...

Going to pick up the Rex-Goliath 47 Pound Rooster...

I love Adesso as a great wine for the price. Ranges from 12-15 dollars depending on the store and is a sweetish red Italian wine.
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pint wrote:
Jinx wrote:

I've never blogged either...

Going to pick up the Rex-Goliath 47 Pound Rooster...

I love Adesso as a great wine for the price. Ranges from 12-15 dollars depending on the store and is a sweetish red Italian wine.

WE can do a group blog. Start a blog via blogger (if you have gmail you have a blogger account as well) and then follow these steps http://support.google.com/blogger/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=41440
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Dogen

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a benefit to having a blog versus a thread here? I don't care where I drunkenly rant and rave about whatever particular alcohol is coursing through my veins, as long as I can get there when I'm wasted.
Pint

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha. Doesn't matter to me either way. Here or on a blog. I'm with Dogen on this one. As long as I have some good wine, location does not matter.
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The people have spoken then. I vote Dogen to start the thread.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Dogen

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not at a computer for the next 10 hours, someone else should probably start it. I'll join in with some other recommendations. I'm looking forward to getting ideas from people who don't say shit like "notes of damp earth from under the bush."
Vox Raucus

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darqcyde wrote:
We should start a blog called "Neophyte Oenophiles"

I mis-read this as "Neophyte Onanophiles" at first...
Dennis J. Squidbunny

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

much more appropriate title.

I have reached Day 5 of quitting smoking, which is the level of desperation where you talk about your blog.

I've actually found it not too horrible yet. I know people quit all the time, but I've been a chain smoker for around thirteen years. In the past if I haven't had a cigarette I've gone crazy. My head feels hot, but I feel okay.
mouse

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yay dennis! stay strong!

i was going to ask why onanophile was more appropriate, because dictionary.com just identifies onan as the second son of judah, which didn't seem to distinguish him much in any way but then i read further....

i sure hope no one ever checks the search history on this computer.
cixelsyD

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dennis J. Squidbunny wrote:
much more appropriate title.

I have reached Day 5 of quitting smoking, which is the level of desperation where you talk about your blog.

I've actually found it not too horrible yet. I know people quit all the time, but I've been a chain smoker for around thirteen years. In the past if I haven't had a cigarette I've gone crazy. My head feels hot, but I feel okay.

I kept a pen in my ear that i would chew and puff on when I quit. I feel it helped with the nervous hand jitters.
fritterdonut

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You quitting with some form of nicotine gum/patch, or going cold turkey? Either way, props to you for kicking the habit.

I'm going to try to smoke more cigars this year. I have a couple boxes of various Cuban cigars (Sorry USA'ers) lying around that I brought back from a trip there a year ago. Great times. Got some Romeo y Julieta, Cohiba, H. Upmann, Montecristo, PUNCH, Bolivar, Guantanamera, Belinda, etc...

I might actually get to the point where I need to sharpen my cigar guillotine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Casual Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: