welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Religion, Atheism, What-Have-You
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 43, 44, 45  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Monkey Mcdermott

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shut up bitflipper, you don't know what you're talking about.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monkey Mcdermott wrote:
Shut up bitflipper, you don't know what you're talking about.

Well, Monkey, I've asked you in the past--not just once, but twice--to share your wisdom:
bitflipper wrote:
Monkey Mcdermott wrote:
You don't know shit about "handling" forums like sinfest dude, don't offer people advice about it.

Sorry to have apparently offended you, Monkey. So, educate me; how should one handle a forum like Sinfest?

(Friday, Mar 22, 2013, in Victim Blaming 2)

bitflipper wrote:
Monkey Mcdermott wrote:
The simple fact is, the comics forum is completely avoided by the people who would REALLY rip into the dudebros who insist on posting here. I'm a goddamn kitten compared to some of the people who used to come around and hopefully will come back to drive the snakes out of the forum like st patrick in ireland.

Well, I would have said that you seem, most often, to value reasoned argument over vitriolic name-calling, but, yeah, that's certainly a lot less abusive than some other contributors tend to present themselves, especially historically. I consider that to be an improvement in the community, however, not something to be missed or mourned. I've never seen verbal abuse convince anyone to reconsider their stance on any issue, other than whether or not the abuser is worthy of being considered ones peer.
As for my ability to cope with the Sinfest forums, well, I can only acknowledge, Monkey, that you have been a member, here, far longer than I have, and there is the possibility that you may have been posting to chat groups back in the days of FidoNet and Blue Wave as I was. At the least, you are more experienced with Sinfest itself, and have posted here far more than I have. So, in the interest of becoming a better 'Fester, I ask again: educate me. Teach me how to do correctly those things that I either am not doing, or am doing incorrectly, that convince you that I "don't know shit about 'handling' forums like Sinfest."

Just remain open to the possibility that you and I may have divergent views as to what constitutes "a better 'Fester." Beyond that, though, you'll find I am an eager student.

(Saturday, Mar 23, 2013, in Victim Blaming 2)

I have yet to hear anything from you in such regards. Therefore, I must assume that, in those instances and in this, you are merely trolling and thus I should take no note of what you say.
Monkey Mcdermott

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know how many times i have to say to people that they are not "owed" my time to explain to them exactly how wrongheaded they are.

You are not "owed" my time to explain anything to you.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, you don't owe me anything. Nor I, you. Including any credence to your remarks or indulgence for your boorish, immature behavior.

Go away, Troll; you bore me.
Monkey Mcdermott

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitflipper wrote:
No, you don't owe me anything. Nor I, you. Including any credence to your remarks or indulgence for your boorish, immature behavior.

Go away, Troll; you bore me.

I was here first. Razz

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monkey Mcdermott wrote:
I don't know how many times i have to say to people that they are not "owed" my time to explain to them exactly how wrongheaded they are.

You are not "owed" my time to explain anything to you.

Perhaps he isn't, but when you pull crap like that, it, well...

Makes it seem like you're the one who needs to STFU, and who doesn't know what you're talking about.

"YOU'RE WRONG."

"Oh? Please explain how?"

"NU-UH."
"No, but evil is still being --Is having reason-- Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
-Ed, from Digger
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm just gonna be over here lol-ing at the spectacle of bitflipper getting all mad at Sojobo for doing the exact same thing that bitflipper is doing

it's a real lolocaust here guys
Vox Raucus

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitflipper wrote:
But Sojo's "predictions" aren't worth arguing over; he undermined himself the minute he claimed to know thoughts outside of his own head, making any point he may have had meaningless. Add to that his apparent inability to stick to the topic at hand, ranging instead to fellatio, abortions, and his braggadocio regarding his poor manners, and we can begin to get an impression of what sad and disorganized state his thoughts may be in. Perhaps medication could help, but the evidence of this thread strongly suggests that argument will merely encourage or provoke further random gibberish.

See, this is stupid because it doesn't describe Sojobo at all! Anyone who has read any of the discussion in which Sojobo carefully and methodically tears apart an opponent would recognize that he is exceedingly organized in his thoughts. He wasn't really pretending he knew you well enough to predict what you were going to say - he was mocking you. The difference between the two posts was that his was amusing, and yours was idiotic. Christ, if you're going to try and mock people, at least make an effort at making it interesting.
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not that I'd expect an engineer to grok that. Razz
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still trying to decide what sort of extra mechanisms I'm going to put on this toaster.
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

claws, obviously
Felgraf

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heretical Rants wrote:
I'm still trying to decide what sort of extra mechanisms I'm going to put on this toaster.

Well, CLEARLY, you need to make it able to talk, so that it can get all existential and frustrated when stuck with the only surviving member of the human race, and he, well, doesn't like toast.
"No, but evil is still being --Is having reason-- Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
-Ed, from Digger
bitflipper

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Felgraf wrote:
Heretical Rants wrote:

Well, CLEARLY, you need to make it able to talk, so that it can get all existential and frustrated when stuck with the only surviving member of the human race, and he, well, doesn't like toast.

Redacted

Last edited by bitflipper on Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:59 am; edited 1 time in total
fritterdonut

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, I forgot how great the first few pages of this thread were.
Felgraf

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitflipper wrote:
Felgraf wrote:
Heretical Rants wrote:

"She." The last surviving member of the human race will be female, because the last surviving man will drink himself into cirrhosis trying to understand her.
Razz

Not if they're on an interstellar mining ship and the human has been put in time stasis for refusing to reveal the location of the cat he smuggled aboard!
-Ed, from Digger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 14 of 45

Jump to: