welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2013-01-20: Gender Programming
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zhuinden

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:09 am    Post subject: 2013-01-20: Gender Programming Reply with quote

It was already worth it for those free shades.
Zhuinden

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a sidenote, this strip reminds me of this other specific strip:
gridcube

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so, 'nique is slightly superior to the feminazis because she doesnt need to be aided by technology, interesting
Flavius Maximus

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gridcube wrote:
so, 'nique is slightly superior to the feminazis because she doesnt need to be aided by technology, interesting

She has been given the red pill Wink
LadySunami

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those look handy. They should start handing them out to the males too... And to everyone on the internet ever. We could use some debunking of all this "feminization of males" stupidity.

I'm so tired of idiotic (and often homophobic) comments about our culture "trying to force men to act like women." Apparantly trying to dissociate attributes from sex/gender is somehow the same as forcing men to act like women (Which is an awful, awful thing to do. Who would want to be a woman? Bleh!) "Feminine" traits are really just human traits. Men are perfectly entitled to them.

The next time some moron commenter on a news article implicates "feminization" for turning men gay, forcing men to violent crime (to reassert manliness?), or any other such nonsense... Well, I'll just be more pissed then I am currently I guess. A shame people can't be punched through the Internet.
Vancore

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THEY LIVE GLASSES! Cool and here I was thinking they were just there to make the sisterhood look cool but it makes sense.
SA_Penguin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hang on -
A newborn baby boy, who plays with a doll, is effeminate / rebelling against the patriarchy ?
A newborn baby girl, who plays with a doll, is being programmed by the patriarchy?

I call Bullshit on that. Let children play, learn what they like rather than imposing your opinions on young 'uns.

That goes for teenagers too, trying out make-up. Or claiming a desire to enter into marriage. [We can talk about gay marriage some other time]
Ronald

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool/cute expression on Minique's* face in the last panel.

gridcube wrote:
so, 'nique is slightly superior to the {Sisterhood} because she doesnt need to be aided by technology, interesting

Well, she's also older, that might play a part in it.

===

*Wouldn't it be nice if Monique started asking some of her friends (Pebbles, Glossy, Minique) their NAMES? Is this a social phenomenon I somehow missed out on, being friends with people without knowing their names? Oh well.
LarsenSan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Hai gusy lookat mee. I is crtizizin' patrarchys!"

Oh dear, this thing again? And this time is taken to an extreme.

-"Little girls should NOT play with dolls!" OK, did you ask them what they want?

-"Women should NOT wear makeup and spend time getting ready!" That's fine. But remember that we men won't shave ourselves or use deodorant anymore.

-"Women should NOT get married!" What's this, some kind of hippie commune propaganda?

-"Women should NOT become sluts!" First of all, there are people who enjoy being sluts, men and women (although is waaaaay more difficult for men to do it), second, how-the-heck is this the next step after being married?

I miss the old days, when sinfest was funny and not a disgusting mess of stupidity.

Yes Tatsuya, did you read me?

YOU ARE FUCKING STUPID!
cleocatra

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those with reading comprehension skills different to mine. My interpretation of this comic is that the patriarchy brainwashes people into thinking there's only one possible option.

That girls play with dolls, that they want to put on loads of make-up and that they then want to get married to a guy and that they should always be sexually available.

While those are okay options for people who want them, the issue is that these are then brainwashed as the only options with no room for error without being othered.

So give me glasses to hand out Smile

I also like seeing why Glossie and the gang wear those glasses! Apart from looking cool that is.
Holocauxt

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick everyone, to the shitstorm shelter!!!

(opens the blast door and bunkers down)
Opinions are like ass holes: everybody has them. Sometimes they're clean... sometimes they stink... and sometimes they're just full of shit. But if you love shoving yours up on other people's faces, then you're a fucking whore.
Maynar

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HA! Laughing
fritterdonut

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holocauxt wrote:
Quick everyone, to the shitstorm shelter!!!

(opens the blast door and bunkers down)

Hold the door!

redshirt26

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Girls playing with Dolls and getting married are evil? I'll grant you have a good argument with the makeup, skimpy clothes and the stripper, but I do not see the problems with the other two.

Now if the dolly has a pull cord that say "Your place is in the kitchen. (giggles)" and the Marriage is an arranged marriage and the bride has no say in the matter, its a whole different story.
Wheel

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raybans
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: