Sinfest Forum Index Sinfest
welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1/26/2013 - doomsday postponed
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:26 am    Post subject: 1/26/2013 - doomsday postponed Reply with quote

due to lack of interest the apocalypse has been indefinitely postponed, everybody go home
Zot the Wise

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope I die during the apocalypse. That would make for a great story in heaven or hell or some other alternative afterlife. Assuming some manner of afterlife exists, although I suppose if there isn't one I won't be able to regret not getting to tell the story. So no worries there.

"How did you die? Choked on a hotdog, eh? I was eaten by a giant flaming skull during the apocalypse and incinerated. I wasn't exactly happy about it at the time, but it was pretty metal in retrospect."
Ronald

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least Seymour isn't throttling Slick the way he used to. Even Seymour's capable of progress.

So, does he carry that pulpit around with him in hammerspace or is it at a set location somewhere in the neighborhood? Doesn't matter, just something I suddenly wondered about.
Death Ray

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is still the sequestration negotiations to look forward to.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slick seems a lot more laid-back today than he's been over the past few weeks. That used to be sort of his default setting:

"Huh, lookit that. That's really something, all right. Still, I'm just gonna keep doing what I was doing, good luck, though..."
Dogen

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It takes a smooth operator to remain calm when pulled off of your feet and held up by your lapels by a religious zealot. He must have been zen zapped off camera.
redshirt26

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh that's good that its not doomsday. That means its not Last Call and we all can keep enjoying our drinks in this bar called Life.
Inkmonkey

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seymour really cares about the MAYAN prophecy, for a fundamentalist CHRISTIAN.

I mean, the whole thing about the end of the age is that the mayan gods take turns to be the Sun God, and at the end of the cycle the old sun is supposed to step down and a new sun god takes the mantle (a change that is usually quite traumatic for humanity). If you don't believe in the mayan gods, why would you care about the prophecy?

Also according to some experts, it isn't even a mayan thing. They say that the new Sun God thing is an aztec myth, and they used a different calendar.
Canopus

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inkmonkey wrote:
I mean, the whole thing about the end of the age is that the mayan gods take turns to be the Sun God, and at the end of the cycle the old sun is supposed to step down and a new sun god takes the mantle (a change that is usually quite traumatic for humanity). If you don't believe in the mayan gods, why would you care about the prophecy?

It's been established that like many Christians, he doesn't truly understand much of his religion or that of others. You've seen the Romney supporters. And as far as comics go, this is a good, if not stereotypical representation of the irrationality that accompanies eschatological panicking. Logic really has no place hold in his scenario.
tricksterson

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because RTCs don't really care about the underpinnings of the Apocolypse, even though they argue about it constantly even with each other. They just want it to happen because it's easier for them than going through life.
Dogen

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RTC?
Really tiny Christians?
Rhomboid toy cars?
Rohypnol-taking carnies?
Rough and tumble cats?

I don't understand!
mouse

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rough and tumble cats are more likely to cause apocolypses (or at least disasters); they don't care about prophecies. personally, i like "really tiny christians", i picture them running around like the tiny red queen at the end of 'through the looking glass' squeaking "the end is coming! the end is coming!"

the fundies who really get into apocolyptical prophesies, though, they really don't seem to care who prophesizes the end, they just want to hurry into the arms of jesus.

not quite sure why they are so determined to drag all the rest of us to destruction, however.
MerchManDan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mouse wrote:
the fundies who really get into apocolyptical prophesies, though, they really don't seem to care who prophesizes the end, they just want to hurry into the arms of jesus.

not quite sure why they are so determined to drag all the rest of us to destruction, however.

So they can gloat as they watch us go to Hell, of course.
tricksterson

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogen wrote:
RTC?
Really tiny Christians?
Rhomboid toy cars?
Rohypnol-taking carnies?
Rough and tumble cats?

I don't understand!

Real True Christians, so called because it's not just atheistts, pagans, Muslims etc they think are damned but any Christian who doesn't march in lockstep with their versio of Christianity.
Ronald

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't it be cool if it turned out that the apocalypse was postponed because, off-panel, Pebbles and Li'l E teamed up with angels and aliens and power rangers and so on to heroically avert it?

Well, I think it'd be kinda cool, anyway.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: