welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Cult of Conservatism
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Death Ray

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogen wrote:

But Jason's also an annoying person, so I'm not willing to give him the benefit of the doubt

And incidentally, Dogen, since you seem to consider yourself some sort of arbiter for "how things work around here", how about a tiny word of sanction for the fellow who called me a "useless cunt" out of the blue?

Who the fuck is Vox? I've never shared a word with him/her/it, and this is how they start a conversation?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, when I talk about interaction I mean meaningful interaction. I have meaningful conversations with people who have more to offer than a superficial analysis of an issue and a rehashed Bill Maher monologue.

On the up side, kicking you around the forum really doesn't take much time at all. I type pretty fast. I probably spend more time brushing my teeth than writing posts to you most days.

Again, though, if you consider this "hanging on your every word," when no one paid any attention to what you said before verbally assaulting you, then there's an Inigo Montoya meme for you and your idea of "fandom."
Dogen

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Death Ray wrote:
Dogen wrote:

But Jason's also an annoying person, so I'm not willing to give him the benefit of the doubt

And incidentally, Dogen, since you seem to consider yourself some sort of arbiter for "how things work around here", how about a tiny word of sanction for the fellow who called me a "useless cunt" out of the blue?

Who the fuck is Vox? I've never shared a word with him/her/it, and this is how they start a conversation?

Vox is a member of the community, and has been for a long time. Also, I'm not an arbiter of anything. I'm describing, not prescribing. It's probably hard to tell the difference from your perspective on the outside.

Anyway, I'm not a referee, or your dad. If you offered any substance to our community worth preserving I might be inclined to say something, but if you offered any substance to our community Vox probably wouldn't have called you a useless cunt.
Monkey Mcdermott

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he doesn't understand that he poisoned the well the FIRST time he came through.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogen wrote:

On the up side, kicking you around the forum really doesn't take much time at all. I type pretty fast. I probably spend more time brushing my teeth than writing posts to you most days.

You must have a lot of teeth, buddy. On the other hand, if you smart off to people in person with the same courage you possess when posting anonymously in a comic strip forum, you may have fewer than most.

And no, you are not my father. You are not anyone's father, unless you have figured out how to knock up a cartoon pony. You and half a dozen mouthy twats are not a community. You are my street team; a crew of douchebags who can't ignore me and who keep my threads at the top of the list so I can show Tat's fans some cartoons they might have missed.

THANK YOU FOR 886 PAGE VIEWS I DID NOT HAVE TO PAY FOR.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude, we know what you look like.

A fat bespectacled nerd in glasses and a wizard hat doesn't really intimidate much when talking about how someone "must have a lot of teeth" like they actually would have the stones to take a swing in person anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Death Ray wrote:
THANK YOU FOR 886 PAGE VIEWS I DID NOT HAVE TO PAY FOR.

You're missing one critical point here, there's no gain for you in any of those views.

Folks are tuning in to these threads to giggle as you continue to get the verbal shit kicked out of you. By and large, they will not read or buy your comic, they will not click on any ads you may profit from, they're just going to laugh at you until you shape up or get run off (again).
Dogen

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Death Ray wrote:
You must have a lot of teeth, buddy. On the other hand, if you smart off to people in person with the same courage you possess when posting anonymously in a comic strip forum, you may have fewer than most.

I don't (though I do still have all four wisdom teeth), I do, and I don't. Context being everything, people probably think of me as less rude in person, because of tone.

That said, depending on the person I'm talking to I'm not that anonymous. I've met a bunch of people from here in person (I have a standing offer to buy any of them a beer if they come to Seattle), and more of them are friends on Facebook. So depending on your theory of internet anonymity and tough guy talk, this isn't really a place where I'm totally anonymous.

Quote:
And no, you are not my father. You are not anyone's father, unless you have figured out how to knock up a cartoon pony. You and half a dozen mouthy twats are not a community. You are my street team; a crew of douchebags who can't ignore me and who keep my threads at the top of the list so I can show Tat's fans some cartoons they might have missed.

I think you have my motivation wrong. Clearly I'm not trying to ignore you, and I don't care about your page views. I'm rude to you because I don't like you. I think you're rude to us by using the forum we frequent as a billboard for your poorly written comic. So it's a quid pro quo. As long as I believe you're being rude to us, I'll keep being rude to you.

You're partially right on one point though. Me and the half dozen mouthy twats are definitely not your community.
Dennis J. Squidbunny

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey jason here are some things that are working against the 'edgy don't give a fuck' persona you have been trying to cultivate:

a) your posts.

that's pretty much it. As much as I enjoy the image of you speeding off on a moped in your wizard hat, throwing us the finger with both hands yelling THANKS FOR THE 886 PAGE VIEWS MAFAKAS', it sort of makes you come across like a useless cunt.

seriously -- what do those 886 page views get you? What have they given you? Other than more people being embarrassed on your behalf?
Usagi Miyamoto

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:22 am    Post subject: Fear and Loathing in Upstate New York Reply with quote

Do you suppose he might actually make a sale as a result of the attention? It's hard to imagine.

It's a shoop, I can tell from some of the pixels and from seeing quite a few shoops in my time. Pleasant to imagine it's true, though - no victims, no perpetrator, just one seething would-be iconoclast, unable to imagine why he shouldn't use his considerable drawing talent to illustrate what goes on in his own head - forever alone.
Bart

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Death Ray wrote:

You are my street team; a crew of douchebags who can't ignore me and who keep my threads at the top of the list so I can show Tat's fans some cartoons they might have missed.

Is there anything more pathetic than someone thinking they have power over someone because they are responding to him ? But if you really believe that, go take a shit in the middle of a busy street. I promise you people will react to you and it's only barely more pathetic than what you're doing on this forum.
Death Ray

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bart wrote:
Death Ray wrote:

You are my street team; a crew of douchebags who can't ignore me and who keep my threads at the top of the list so I can show Tat's fans some cartoons they might have missed.

Is there anything more pathetic than someone thinking they have power over someone because they are responding to him ?

I's say DENYING it is a bit more pathetic, yes.

Look... just go and bump me to the top again. And thanks for the shop of the movie poster, BTW. I'd love to have Steve Carell's smokin' hot bod.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

death ray will be rather disappointed to discover that pretty much all of Sinfest's traffic goes through the comic subforum, not these, so he's not even squealing to the right audience

which is, now that i think about it, all too fitting, really
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i also quite enjoy that death ray thinks he has power over us because we respond to him, and yet he doesn't use this mysterious power to make us buy his comics
Bart

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Death Ray wrote:
Bart wrote:
Death Ray wrote:

Is there anything more pathetic than someone thinking they have power over someone because they are responding to him ?

I's say DENYING it is a bit more pathetic, yes.

OK, I'll grant you have the power to annoy, does that make you feel good ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: