welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Cult of Conservatism
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's times like these I wish I hadn't uninstalled that plugin that reads all Dogen's posts out loud to you in the voice of James Earl Jones...

If only it'd been compatible with the extension that has Dennis' posts sung to you by the animaniacs :(
Dogen

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was a good trade, even if it would be cool to hear James Earl Jones say,"And you had to wonder if I have all my teeth ... Listen, you're a dick."
Samsally

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have they finished the plugin that auto-translates to Dennis? I feel like the forum would really benefit from that.
Mr Gary

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael wrote:
It's times like these I wish I hadn't uninstalled that plugin that reads all Dogen's posts out loud to you in the voice of James Earl Jones...

No, Edward Norton, all the time.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eureka00 wrote:

It's really more about organization of conversations than bullying. It's easier to check the posts in one thread than multiple threads having virtually the same conversation topic. We are OCD about it because we have no moderator to move/delete/sticky threads for us. So it's important that new posters understand the organization. You have the right to post whatever threads you like but then don't get mad when we yell at you for disrupting our organization that we have worked so hard to craft in an unmoderated forum.

Thank you for your common courtesy, Eureka. Yours is the only reply that did not go scatalogical within fifteen characters, and, predictably, the only one that actually explained anything.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re: Eureka, a lovely person, a school teacher, and an all round good egg:

Death Ray wrote:
If you wanted to append your complaint about "new and pointless threads" to my strip whoring, I could see your point. But if you are going to make that complaint when I try to expand the general discussion on the General Discussion board, well, that's just cyberbullying, and I'm calling my congressman. I'm as free to start threads as you are to ignore them, yet here you are (and ignoring my topic, by the way).

Death Ray wrote:
Thank you for your common courtesy, Eureka.

Extend a bit of 'common courtesy' her way a little more often, and a little less disingenously, perhaps, and you'll get a far more favourable reception when you occaisionally drop in here, Jason.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We all know that Jason only posted these as separate topics because his opinions are so shit boring and poorly explained that the only way for him to get any replies or attention at all was to post them in their own threads. If they'd been in the GOP thread they would have been rightly ignored, or chewed on by Willem and then abandoned.

How can someone who has been on the internet for so long be so bad at written communication?
eureka00

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww now Gary don't make me go and blush.

Breakthrough explanations are good! We all learned things! Now the real test is to see if we can put what we've learned into action.
mouse

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i love you, eure, but you make me feel like you've become a motivational speaker.
eureka00

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mouse wrote:
i love you, eure, but you make me feel like you've become a motivational speaker.

Don't worry the team building exercises will come later after my keynote address. Razz
Dogen

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Death Ray wrote:
eureka00 wrote:

It's really more about organization of conversations than bullying. It's easier to check the posts in one thread than multiple threads having virtually the same conversation topic. We are OCD about it because we have no moderator to move/delete/sticky threads for us. So it's important that new posters understand the organization. You have the right to post whatever threads you like but then don't get mad when we yell at you for disrupting our organization that we have worked so hard to craft in an unmoderated forum.

Thank you for your common courtesy, Eureka. Yours is the only reply that did not go scatalogical within fifteen characters, and, predictably, the only one that actually explained anything.

To be fair, how to interact with people is usually something you learn as a child and shouldn't need to be explained to you. Luckily for you eureka is an early-childhood educator.
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Besides that, his choice of the word "scatological" has some nice irony to it in that it makes his post mean the exact opposite of what I assume he was trying to say.
Death Ray

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dennis J. Squidbunny wrote:

How can someone who has been on the internet for so long be so bad at written communication?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're hitting him with imaginary boogers; is this the Kids Choice Awards?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, your image based story telling isn't much clearer. Am I at the door, or am I in his loungeroom? If I'm at the door, how did the snot hit me? It just isn't clear, Jason.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: