welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Cult of Conservatism
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
eureka00

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogen isn't rude in person and I can attest to that. Sinfest has been a community for what 12-13 years or so going back to the Keenspot days. Dogen and many other regulars of the community have been around for a large majority of that time. We've been talking and chatting daily about personal issues, current events, politics, joys, sorrows, etc. for a long time together.

Then all of a sudden you jump into the middle of our community throwing up your comic mish mosh and screaming "HEY! LOOK AT ME!" Tat if you haven't noticed isn't real active here in moderating. So the Sinfest community has done self-moderation for as long as it has been around.

It's all about gaining respect through your posts, and not making all sorts of new pointless threads. Heck, even an old regular could make a dumb new thread and get called on it. We have threads where we talk about politics already. You could've posted this there and kept that conversation where it belongs, and maybe had an intelligent discussion instead of being called an asshat. (Okay, someone may have still called you an asshat because it is Sinfest afterall and you've already dug your grave and laid in it.)

As for your comics, your art is great but your writing/stories are horrid. If you drew and Squidbunny wrote...man, everyone here would buy that shit. Maybe have guest writers? Take criticism and make your product that much better and look at the monetary profits you could gain besides just making your page view e-peen that much bigger.
Mikewee777

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Death Ray: "Even when conservatives of the 21st century try to establish themselves as thinkers, their theories are hopelessly barnacled by the talk radio and yellow journalism they wish to distinguish themselves from".

I know how you feel. I voted for centrist-Bush because Kerry was clearly a ultra-commie that wanted to re-activate the war draft. In the aftermath of several fabricated "Doomsday" panics and the result of our most recent presidential campaign, we have now ended up with a tanned centrist bi-partisan Democrat and a albino ultra-extremist far-right cult-member who was advertised by armed neo-nazis as the savior of America.

If these campaigns continue make it obvious who is good and evil then, I'm going to start re-thinking how this political stage play is rigged for the other guy to always win. I want to believe that America has my best interests in mind. Please don't take that away from me△

Also, could OP stop posting images of his furry avatar fellating his fire-arm as if it was some sort of homosexual penis that he has desire for? I know the laws have changed about that behavior but I'd prefer that you would keep it to yourself. Please, think of the children.
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eureka00 wrote:
If you drew and Squidbunny wrote...man, everyone here would buy that shit.

ARE YOU SUGGESTING DENNIS'S THOUGHTS AND IDEAS COULD BE ILLUSTRATED??

ARE YOU SUGGESTING THAT SUCH A THING IS EVEN POSSIBLE?

I'm sure any effort towards achieving such a thing would be a worthy cause.
Feiticeira

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eureka00 wrote:

Who gives a shit about this guy? Let's get a Hadley/Tat collaboration going. That would be glorious.
Dogen

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As glorious as crows sticky taped together.
eureka00

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feiticeira wrote:
eureka00 wrote:

Who gives a shit about this guy? Let's get a Hadley/Tat collaboration going. That would be glorious.

Woah! How have we not thought of this before?! My head might asplode from the awesome...
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogen wrote:
As glorious as crows sticky taped together.

dead crows?
Mr_Moustache

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feiticeira wrote:
eureka00 wrote:

Why not the Halen/Hadley ?
Snorri

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Death Ray wrote:
Bart wrote:
Death Ray wrote:

You are my street team; a crew of douchebags who can't ignore me and who keep my threads at the top of the list so I can show Tat's fans some cartoons they might have missed.

Is there anything more pathetic than someone thinking they have power over someone because they are responding to him ?

I's say DENYING it is a bit more pathetic, yes.

OH MOTHERFUCKING BURN!! I BET YOU HAVE NO RESPONSE TO THAT BART! I BET YOU FEEL ALL PATHETIC RIGHT NOW ABOUT HOW YOU GOT TOTALLY BURNED!

Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so glad there are two of these threads

if there were just one then there would only be half the burn
Bart

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snorri wrote:
Death Ray wrote:
Bart wrote:
Death Ray wrote:

You are my street team; a crew of douchebags who can't ignore me and who keep my threads at the top of the list so I can show Tat's fans some cartoons they might have missed.

Is there anything more pathetic than someone thinking they have power over someone because they are responding to him ?

I's say DENYING it is a bit more pathetic, yes.

OH MOTHERFUCKING BURN!! I BET YOU HAVE NO RESPONSE TO THAT BART! I BET YOU FEEL ALL PATHETIC RIGHT NOW ABOUT HOW YOU GOT TOTALLY BURNED!

It's been a day and I'm still silently weeping because he served me so completely.

That or I thought, "I'm glad I don't have the need to annoy random people to feel powerful". Then I went outside feeling good that I'm not Jason Something.
Mini J

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just annoyed that he's co-opted my name.
Death Ray

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eureka00 wrote:
deration for as long as it has been around.

It's all about gaining respect through your posts, and not making all sorts of new pointless threads. Heck, even an old regular could make a dumb new thread and get called on it. We have threads where we talk about politics already. You could've posted this there and kept that conversation where it belongs, and maybe had an intelligent discussion instead of being called an asshat. (Okay, someone may have still called you an asshat because it is Sinfest afterall and you've already dug your grave and laid in it.)

If you wanted to append your complaint about "new and pointless threads" to my strip whoring, I could see your point. But if you are going to make that complaint when I try to expand the general discussion on the General Discussion board, well, that's just cyberbullying, and I'm calling my congressman. I'm as free to start threads as you are to ignore them, yet here you are (and ignoring my topic, by the way).

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Death Ray wrote:
eureka00 wrote:

If you wanted to append your complaint about "new and pointless threads" to my strip whoring, I could see your point. But if you are going to make that complaint when I try to expand the general discussion on the General Discussion board, well, that's just cyberbullying, and I'm calling my congressman. I'm as free to start threads as you are to ignore them, yet here you are (and ignoring my topic, by the way).

It's really more about organization of conversations than bullying. It's easier to check the posts in one thread than multiple threads having virtually the same conversation topic. We are OCD about it because we have no moderator to move/delete/sticky threads for us. So it's important that new posters understand the organization. You have the right to post whatever threads you like but then don't get mad when we yell at you for disrupting our organization that we have worked so hard to craft in an unmoderated forum.

I would have posted both of these topics in the GOP and Friends thread in order to keep the conversations consolidated in one area. Another thing to remember when keeping things organized is that there is the option for folks to "follow" a thread and receive email updates when posts are made in it. That's another reason that the organization is so nice. You might already have subscribed readers in those threads.

I could choose to ignore you, yes. I'm sorry for trying to explain things to you so that people aren't rude to you and so you can contribute to this forum in a meaningful way without disrupting our organization and community.
Dogen

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Death Ray wrote:
eureka00 wrote:

Do you act like a petulant child out in the real world, demanding that people not tell you what to do? And you had to wonder if I have all my teeth.

Listen, you're a dick. We know it, you know it. No one is infringing on your freedoms here. We have no Guantanamo Bay (but the comic subforum may be close, if we could trap you in it). What eureka is telling you nicely is that this community has developed routines and you're fucking with them, which is irritating. That your response is "you can't tell me what to do" is both why you're a dick and why you get the response you do. Why should we be nice to you if you can't even manage common courtesy? You came to us, we didn't invite you back. You came to our house and ignored our rules, and complaining about it (and crowing about your freedom) sounds kind of entitled, don't you think?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: