welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2013-1-30 Patriarchy Blockers Engaged
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ronald

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Succubus1982 wrote:
Ronald why praytell are you posting all of the fricken comics from the archives? Why not just link them or better yet direct people to the archives themselves. See this is why I voted you for poster I avoid. WAY too much pointless drivel in your posts Mad

Well, I tend to forget yours less than 30 seconds after I read them. What does that prove?

Some people in here commented positively on me posting "earlier 'Nique" strips, so I continued doing it because I felt like it, that's all. That's the only reason anybody posts anything in here, because they feel like it. I don't owe you any explanations and you don't owe me any. Thanks for your time.
Succubus1982

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronald wrote:
Well, I tend to forget yours less than 30 seconds after I read them. What does that prove?

That you're self-involved and have no time for anything that isn't about you or from you. But fine you continue to ignore my posts and I'll ignore yours.
Monkey Mcdermott

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fact that the boo feminism grognards cheer your posts means nothing.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not booing feminism and I for one still think its a good idea that he posted those strips from the archives. He was able to make it easy to reference past examples of 'Nique's behavior while still staying on the same page. It didn't hurt anyone. On the contrary it made it more convenient for the discussion of the journey of the character regardless of which viewpoint you have.
Monkey Mcdermott

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmhmmm

Funny thing, most of the boo feminism grognards are EXCEEDINGLY keen to insist they aren't being all "boo feminism" Then they post a bunch of "boo feminism" bullshit.

I keep hoping they'll get their wrists run over on their way home from work so that it's too excruciating to come here and complain about how nique isnt "fun" anymore.

Doesn't happen though.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monkey Mcdermott wrote:
Mmhmmm

Funny thing, most of the boo feminism grognards are EXCEEDINGLY keen to insist they aren't being all "boo feminism" Then they post a bunch of "boo feminism" bullshit.

I keep hoping they'll get their wrists run over on their way home from work so that it's too excruciating to come here and complain about how nique isnt "fun" anymore.

Doesn't happen though.

Another interesting alternative is you not understanding what the hell this conversation is about. Feminism or not, lots of us believe that 'Nique has gone into a direction that, in contrast to what she formerly behaved like, seems less interesting. You can agree or disagree with those points of view. I can respect that. On the other hand, judging people's beliefs over such oversimplified "evidence" I can't get behind. Please stop.
Rothide

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leohan wrote:
Monkey Mcdermott wrote:
Mmhmmm

Doesn't happen though.

Another interesting alternative is you not understanding what the hell this conversation is about. Feminism or not, lots of us believe that 'Nique has gone into a direction that, in contrast to what she formerly behaved like, seems less interesting. You can agree or disagree with those points of view. I can respect that. On the other hand, judging people's beliefs over such oversimplified "evidence" I can't get behind. Please stop.

Your not going to win against Monkey guys, he's a professional troll, always right and never wrong, no matter how you may argue your view.
Dogen

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't be silly. He's not a professional. He doesn't get paid to troll. He does it out of love for the craft, just like the rest of us.
Monkey Mcdermott

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leohan wrote:
Monkey Mcdermott wrote:
Mmhmmm

Doesn't happen though.

Who the fuck died and made you forum police?

But seriously, prime example, no matter how much i hope and pray...your wrists remain un ran over and you continue to post

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monkey Mcdermott wrote:
Leohan wrote:
Monkey Mcdermott wrote:
Mmhmmm

Doesn't happen though.

Who the fuck died and made you forum police?

No one at all. That's why I said please. It's not in my power to control what you post, so I am requesting it.
Rothide

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogen wrote:
Don't be silly. He's not a professional. He doesn't get paid to troll. He does it out of love for the craft, just like the rest of us.

I'd argue you don't need to be payed to be a professional, just sever dedication to the craft.
Monkey Mcdermott

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, I admit I'm wrong when I am...so don't give me that always right and never wrong crap.

I don't however buy into that "everyone has an opinion and all are equally valid horseshit".

Because that's what it is...horseshit.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monkey Mcdermott wrote:
Also, I admit I'm wrong when I am...so don't give me that always right and never wrong crap.

I don't however buy into that "everyone has an opinion and all are equally valid horseshit".

Because that's what it is...horseshit.

Would it be better if I choose to discard your opinion as idiotic and say that you are a communist for thinking that the character is improving? Because it's a perfectly valid comparison.

And I agree that not all opinions are equally valid. But at the end of the day everyone is entitled to theirs and that should be respected.
Monkey Mcdermott

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can do whatever you want but in the end despite your protestations to the contrary you harbor an....I hesitate to call it an aggression but a pretty clear discomfort with a great deal of feminist thought, despite trying to laugh off how if we only knew you in real life we'd see how absurd that was.

Well we don't.

What we do know is that you joined at the same time as all the other dudebros who joined to whine about the feminism strips, and proceeded to whine about the feminism strip.

I'm pretty sure Tat making fun of the lot of you whooshed right over your head too.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it did, actually.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 7 of 10

Jump to: