welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2/7 Hello Patriarchy
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Homeslice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:00 am    Post subject: 2/7 Hello Patriarchy Reply with quote

Incoming shit storm! Hit the deck!
Maynar

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tat just can't get enough of this stuff, can he? *ducks* Laughing
Holocauxt

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maynar wrote:

If you honestly think ducking will save you from the inevitable shitpost crossfire, I'm amazed at how you're still able to live.

But no dudebros in sight so far, so I'm keeping the Shitstorm Shelter on stand-by.
Opinions are like ass holes: everybody has them. Sometimes they're clean... sometimes they stink... and sometimes they're just full of shit. But if you love shoving yours up on other people's faces, then you're a fucking whore.
joandark

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So is Monique still a beat poet, or has she crossed completely over into standup?
Rothide

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I notice that monigue now either give two word sentences, or she is a mouthpiece against the patriarchy.

I may not be remembering recent strips where she had a normal conversation though, but I'm beginning to think tat doesn't know how to have a feminist person talk without bringing up the patriarchy...

Seriously not many of the sisterhood ever say anything ( unless they are talking about the patriarchy), and so far this year Monique has said exactly, "Yo. Sure. Relax. Cool cap." and this anti patriarchy bit. If someone can go back farther and give me some dialogue with her that's longer than two words and doesn' t deal with the patriarchy, could you point it out?

Ok, looked more and found two 12-03 ans 12 - 13 she talked to herself normally. Success? Not sure...

Last edited by Rothide on Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Holocauxt

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be fair, the good ol' Sinfest gang has pretty much grown apart. Crim and 'Nique are doing their own things... The only ones who are keeping in touch are Squig and Slick, and even then we rarely see them nowadays. They're hardly what you'd call "main characters" anymore, what with the overarching plot with the Patriarchy taking over the show.
Opinions are like ass holes: everybody has them. Sometimes they're clean... sometimes they stink... and sometimes they're just full of shit. But if you love shoving yours up on other people's faces, then you're a fucking whore.
Rothide

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holocauxt wrote:
To be fair, the good ol' Sinfest gang has pretty much grown apart. Crim and 'Nique are doing their own things... The only ones who are keeping in touch are Squig and Slick, and even then we rarely see them nowadays. They're hardly what you'd call "main characters" anymore, what with the overarching plot with the Patriarchy taking over the show.

True, kinda saddens me though, you never did like seeing friends grow apart... Hits a bit to close to home.
Flavius Maximus

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

joandark wrote:
So is Monique still a beat poet, or has she crossed completely over into standup?

It Is A Fine Line

but definatly a poet
Yinello

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I chortled.
Zot the Wise

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Must be nice to just flip everyone off and not care about consequences.
LarsenSan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nique should buy a XXIst century TV.
Psiwrite

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slick had his emancipation and then returned. Who's to say Nique isn't going to do the same?
Dogen

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LarsenSan wrote:

I like how you try to depict how out of touch she is by using a numeral system that waned in the 14th century. It's not like we ascribe to gender stereotypes anymore amirtie?! Lord knows women are no longer viewed merely as sex objects on modern television. Modern TV tells girls they can be anything they want, and that they aren't the weaker sex, and they are free to like anything.
LarsenSan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogen wrote:
LarsenSan wrote:

I like how you try to depict how out of touch she is by using a numeral system that waned in the 14th century. It's not like we ascribe to gender stereotypes anymore amirtie?! Lord knows women are no longer viewed merely as sex objects on modern television. Modern TV tells girls they can be anything they want, and that they aren't the weaker sex, and they are free to like anything.
Oh no, that's not what I wanted to say. It's simply that she should stop seeing life in black & white.

And about the links... first, Paris Hilton lives the life she wants. I don't like her and I find her to be quite stupid, but she's not a creation of the media. She's just lazy, party crazy and enjoy the attention. Yeah, not a good model to young girls, but you can't forbid her to appear in TV.

About the models thing... model is a profession where you are expected to have very good looks, it doesn't matter if you are a man or a woman. Maybe TV shows about female models receive more views but that's expected considering men like to see attractive women, that's inevitable.

And about those commercials.... WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT SHIT?! Specially the second one. See? THAT's what I call sexist. It's the most retarded thing I've ever seen. "Manly calories, not for women". Until this day I couldn't believe someone could use such stupid words in a real commercial. I'm glad to not being American. Here, a commercial like that would be banned in hours.
Ronald

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maynar wrote:

I don't necessarily have a problem with it but I'll freely admit that I think it's getting kind of tedious. Still, it's not like we're paying him or anything...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: