welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

10 Feb 2013 - Fembot
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 44, 45, 46  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inkmonkey

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samsally wrote:
The amount of people bemoaning "poor lonely slick" seem to be completely oblivious to the fact that the instant the robot woman is given the chance to consent she runs. the fuck. away.

So to recap for the truly slow of thought. She was conscious in the beginning of the strip* and she was completely incapable of saying no to him.

That's creepy as fuck.

*how else would she still be a person and not a hunk of metal in the reality zone?

I don't think she had a mind of her own before entering the Reality Zone. Before entering the Zone she was a robot, a fake girl, and when she entered the Reality Zone she became a real girl.[/u]
Samsally

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then why did she run.
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

she ran off once Slick lost his means of controlling her, which means she was only with him because he had the means to control her, which is like super incredibly creepy.
Rothide

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samsally wrote:
The amount of people bemoaning "poor lonely slick" seem to be completely oblivious to the fact that the instant the robot woman is given the chance to consent she runs. the fuck. away.

So to recap for the truly slow of thought. She was conscious in the beginning of the strip* and she was completely incapable of saying no to him.

That's creepy as fuck.

*how else would she still be a person and not a hunk of metal in the reality zone?

No creepy as fuck is a robot coming to life then suddenly gaining sentience when it entered the "reality" zone, when it should have toppled over like the top heavy and nonstructural sound piece of machinery it is. Heck we've only recently gotten a robot that can run and leap, and even then it needs about 200 pounds of electronics on top to run stabilizers. and a rope harness to keep it from toppling over itself.

And if it is a human robot hybrid, that girl should have dropped dead, thanks to that technology (while somewhat close) is still about 15 years away.

I mean really, when Reality does that crap, I'm beginning to wonder why fushia and the spy-bots can't actually exist in it?
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inkmonkey wrote:

I don't think she had a mind of her own before entering the Reality Zone. Before entering the Zone she was a robot, a fake girl, and when she entered the Reality Zone she became a real girl.[/u]

I don't see that as being consistent with the way the Reality Zone has worked in past comics. Generally things that go in there lose their cartoonish licence to break with reality.

The Reality Zone hasn't made anything new, it has simply revealed things' true form.
Inkmonkey

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samsally wrote:
Then why did she run.

Because once she got a mind of her own she realized that if she ever went back to the non-reality zone she would be a sex toy again?

I guess that gaining conscience only to realize that you were created to be a sex toy would be really horrifying, no matter how nice your previous owner were.

Heretical Rants wrote:
Inkmonkey wrote:

I don't see that as being consistent with the way the Reality Zone has worked in past comics. Generally things that go in there lose their cartoonish licence to break with reality.

The Reality Zone hasn't made anything new, it has simply revealed things' true form.

But life-like robot girls/sexbots don't exist in reality, so she can't be a robot girl anymore. She has to be something REAL now, hence, she became a girl. If she had become a "real robot" she would have become one of those creepy Uncanny Valley automatons that have no mind at all:

Last edited by Inkmonkey on Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
Samsally

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rothide wrote:
No creepy as fuck is a robot coming to life then suddenly gaining sentience when it entered the "reality" zone, when it should have toppled over like the top heavy and nonstructural sound piece of machinery it is. Heck we've only recently gotten a robot that can run and leap, and even then it needs about 200 pounds of electronics on top to run stabilizers. and a rope harness to keep it from toppling over itself.

And if it is a human robot hybrid, that girl should have dropped dead, thanks to that technology (while somewhat close) is still about 15 years away.

I mean really, when Reality does that crap, I'm beginning to wonder why fushia and the spy-bots can't actually exist in it?

You appear to be more horrified by bad science than themes of non-consent.

I guess that makes you creepy, too.
Miss Magenta

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know. Robots DO exist in reality so that's why she didn't turn into a hunk of metal. Because robots do exist, even if they're not nearly advanced as she is - just yet, anyways. And she was a robot girl designed to be exactly like a regular girl in almost every way.

I don't think that she really had any kind of sentience or consciousness at the beginning of the strip when he first bought her. Just a computer preforming tasks it was programmed to do. But entering the reality zone gave her the sentience and consciousness that any real girl would have, or I guess any robot designed to be like a real girl would have, and it gave her a freedom she never had before. She ran because isn't that what anyone would do with a new-found freedom - with a new-found sentience and consciousness to go with that freedom. I don't think she's necessarily running for any specific reason, just running because she can. But what I think doesn't inherently mean that it's what's really happening.

Regardless of what is or isn't happening - I think it's both really creepy, but also really sad. I find it sad, because I can understand how he feels. It's sad because he felt the need to do something like that. Buy what is basically a robot slave that looks like a real girl, and use her to pretend that he's in a relationship with someone who cares. And it's creepy for those very same reasons. Which makes it sadder, to me. But then again I'm an emotional sack of shit, so whatever.

ShadowCell wrote:
do it

do it now

i dare you

Succubus1982 wrote:
Yes, please god yes

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have added something more to my previous post.

Also: If the robot girl had a conscience before entering the Reality Zone the Sisterhood wouldn't have allowed Slick to keep her, they would have liberated her somehow.
Samsally

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing else has -gained- sentience by entering the reality zone, though, so I don't see why she'd be the exception.
Succubus1982

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*collapses fully satisfied and lights up a cigarette*

Btw about the whole Reality Zone thing. Here's an angle nobody seems to have thought of. What if it's not just one reality in there. What if it's multiple different realities on random-shuffle. Sometimes you get the same one as in the tree, sometimes you get something like the waterfall that made the spybot explode. Perhaps in some realities devil girls are okay and in others they're not, in some Robots explode, in others they gain sentience. Reality is a matter of perspective anyway. We say things are real because we PERCEIVE them to be real. But we're not the only ones perceiving. I mean just look at the Matrix and the whole 'there is no spoon' thing. That was a classic example of how you perceive something affecting it.

Last edited by Succubus1982 on Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That good, huh?
Inkmonkey

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samsally wrote:
Nothing else has -gained- sentience by entering the reality zone, though, so I don't see why she'd be the exception.

Nothing else has turned into a non-existant sci-fi creature before, either. Also, if realistic sexbots were to be created in the real world, I doubt they would be given a free will and conscience.

I don't think she's a robot anymore, I think she is a real girl now, and in fact that was what Slick intended, to turn her into a real girlfriend. Problem is, he thought that she loved him and would still love him once she turned human, but she never loved him because she didn't have a mind to start with, and once she gained one, she escaped from that world where she would be a sex doll and from the guy that had used her as such.

I think she was creeped, but only after entering the Reality Zone.

Last edited by Inkmonkey on Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
tricksterson

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miss M: I totally see Slick doing tha first pic after this strip but with Curly, not Xanthe
Rothide

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samsally wrote:
Rothide wrote:

You appear to be more horrified by bad science than themes of non-consent.

I guess that makes you creepy, too.

Then you need to be creepy for not worrying if your toaster really wants to make you toast. This is a total break of the reality zone here, if she was a robot she's always a robot, if she was a human being controlled by robotic instead of organs, she'd be frigging dead, you can't have Pinocchio in the "Reality" zone.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 44, 45, 46  Next
Page 4 of 46

Jump to: