welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

10 Feb 2013 - Fembot
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 44, 45, 46  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leohan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Peanut Gallery wrote:
I never saw the robot as becoming sentient. The relationship is what becomes real. And in a real relationship, there's no remote and that's why it exploded. Because otherwise the robot would have exploded too. She's obviously still a robot. And while I (embarrassingly) have to admit I shed many a tear for the volley ball in Cast Away, this robot just doesn't invoke that in me.

And I empathize with Slick for another closer heart chord he unwittingly plucked. I have a stuffed animal, have had one since I was a little kid and I tend to drag it everywhere even 20 years later because not having it with me when I sleep is ingrained in me at this point. I dare say I "love" it. As much as my living breathing pets. But if I took it into the Reality Zone to reenact some Velveteen Rabbit scene, being that he's a shark, he would likely just swim away and never think about me again. Or maybe resent being held captive. And that's a little heart breaking.

Fucking finally! Someone else understands it!
Succubus1982

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know what would be really awesome? If the whole robot-sentience thing has credibility and she ends up with Storytime. That'd be a whole new level of adorable <3
TheJabawack

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Succubus1982 wrote:
You know what would be really awesome? If the whole robot-sentience thing has credibility and she ends up with Storytime. That'd be a whole new level of adorable <3

That would be nice Smile . As far as cute goes, I really love the look of wonder on the fembot's face once she is in the reality zone.
'Cause there's bugger all down here on Earth
Samsally

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be happy to see more of her, too. I guess we'll see.

I'm also really interested to see what Slicks reaction will be, if it will be noteworthy at all.
Miss Magenta

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DID SOMEONE MENTION A PAIRING WITH REALLY CUTE POTENTIAL

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rothide wrote:
Sorry about the double posts, just very very mad.

...Why?

I don't want to impose my own attitudes on you but really what is there to be mad about here? If you chillax and listen carefully you'll realize that you are closer to ShadowCell's opinion than you think. He has been saying it for a long time now.

Maybe if you do that you could start to discuss the finer points in which you disagree... Or maybe we could all just put our toasters together and make the most complete breakfast in forum history.
Michael

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rothide wrote:
Or EPITHANY, he was trying to just have the same relationship he had with Monique, only in reality as well.

if you capitalise a single word, maybe check its spelling?

This thread is weird and depressing :-/
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miss Magenta wrote:

DID SOMEONE MENTION A PAIRING WITH REALLY CUTE POTENTIAL

MAYBE

WHAT'S IT TO YOU?

oh, right
ship pics

carry on
Leohan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As an additional commentary...

If this is indeed a metaphor (I'm kinda damn sure that it is) I'd tend to think of this as barely canon. Sure, it's there, but at times Tat wants to make representations of ideas that without a doubt aren't shown in a literal form. The Xanthe strip where she gears up comes to mind. At the end of it, she is leading an army that includes 'Nique, Pebbles and Lil' E. through what it looks like a dusty battlefield. We all get the sentiment behind that panel but it's obvious that such a thing never actually happened. Might be the same here, although this strip seems to be getting so popular and divisive that Tat might decide to bring up the robot again. I'm mostly sure that he won't though
lol

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It took me like 3 years to find this response. lol
Adyon wrote:

lol wrote:

You're making an awful lot of generalizations and judgements there. Enjoying casual sex doesn't make you a sex addict, and it doesn't mean you're a rude or unempathetic person.

As for the "taking care of them-self" thing, there are physical sensations of person-to-person sex that masturbation can not fully replicate. It doesn't require emotion to want that.

You missed my point that sex is not an emotionless thing. Those "sensations" you can experience with another person are tied to emotions. The simple nature of human contact brings out emotions in people. And its different to every person. Like my wife and I, we are quick to give people who are receptive large hugs, etc, but for some the idea of that would be terrifying.

The idea of having intercourse with someone without putting any emotion into the act is impossible for the most people. Even people having casual sex with someone are applying emotion in some way. It's a very powerful act, even when marginalized by society as it is now. If you are exposed to it in one way or another it can change who you are or your outlook on life and relationships, even your opinion of yourself.

If you meant "emotions" in the very literal sense, fine. Yes, even saying "hello" to an acquaintance will inspire some emotion, however small. Your post implied romantic love, but maybe I misinterpeted that. We could get into a semantics war over the difference between physical sensation and emotion, but it'd go nowhere.

The main issue is that you made reductive generalizations about groups of people. Your post implies, not so subtly, that there's something wrong with people who are honest enough to admit they only want sex. You've essentially painted them as either desperate for love or just assholes with no feelings. Enjoying casual sex doesn't make you a jerk. Being a jerk makes you a jerk. Being "logically minded" also doesn't mean you avoid casual sex.

Sex isn't an inherently powerful thing. It's just an act. People may attach personal value to that act, but those values are informed by society. You can have sex and still be the same person you were before.
bitflipper

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just adding irrelevantly to the post count.
fritterdonut

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heretical Rants wrote:
It all seems so _____ now

I think the word you're looking for is "prehistoric". Possibly Jurassic.

I read through this entire thread and now feel enriched and full of the knowledge of toasters.
mouse

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't know why i ever think i will get work done on mondays. really, the only reason i come in on monday instead of just waiting for tuesday is that i would get no work done on tuesday either.

also: my blender is right next to my toaster. well, it's a toaster oven, but it makes me toast.

and now i need to go home and clean out its crumb tray.
Leohan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mouse wrote:
i don't know why i ever think i will get work done on mondays. really, the only reason i come in on monday instead of just waiting for tuesday is that i would get no work done on tuesday either.

also: my blender is right next to my toaster. well, it's a toaster oven, but it makes me toast.

and now i need to go home and clean out its crumb tray.

I'd say that it's really the spirit of the appliance that matters. If you use it as a toaster, then it's a toaster.
mouse

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'd give it a kiss for toasting but it would probably burn my lips off.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 44, 45, 46  Next
Page 34 of 46

Jump to: