welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Feb 19, 2013 Penis.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leohan wrote:
Heretical Rants wrote:
Darwin didn't know the mechanism of variation.

Darwin (...) must have known that some radical genetic features happen every so often.

Darwin also didn't know about genes.
LadySunami

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitflipper wrote:
fritterdonut wrote:
Just out of curiosity, what are agreed-upon differences between men and women, as far as biology, or more precisely anatomy goes?

Women have two fully-formed X chromosomes and men have one fully-formed X chromosome and one Y chromosome which appears shortened and differently shaped compared to the other 45 chromosomes that appear during cellular mitosis.

The Y chromosome seems to have appeared on the scene about 166 million years ago, when marsupials and placental mammals separated from monotremes. It is the most rapidly changing chromosome in modern mammals. And, it is the presence or the absence of the Y chromosome that expresses male sexual development; no matter how many X chromosomes a person may have, if she does not have a Y chromosome, she will not develop a penis nor testicles. (So, a single-X, XX, or XXX will show female sexual development to whatever extent her body can, and an XY or an XXY will show male sexual development to whatever extent his body can.)

Which means that either men are mutant women, or that men are evolved from women; the jury's still out on that point.

Almost correct except XX males and XY females do in fact exist. Look up Swyer syndrome and de la Chapelle syndrome.
Leohan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heretical Rants wrote:

...You know what I don't feel like researching this stuff so I'll just assume that you're right and not trolling me (long shot but it could be)

So Darwin didn't know how his fucking theory worked. Ok, awesome. But people today that adhere to Darwin's theory do know it. Hence, the original sentence " if you believe in Darwinian evolution then evolutions are mutations" does remain true.

I don't even know why we are discussing this, though. My post was harmless enough.
Dogen

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitflipper wrote:
And, it is the presence or the absence of the Y chromosome that expresses male sexual development; no matter how many X chromosomes a person may have, if she does not have a Y chromosome, she will not develop a penis nor testicles.

So you know the line that looks kind of like a fleshy weld that runs along your scrotum (and, if you check, along your perineum to your anus)? That's called the perineal raphe. You know what that is? That's literally the seam from where your fetal vagina closed to make a scrotum.

Canopus

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good trivia Dogen, knew that one!

HR is right, Mendel's findings on genetic inheritance were not widely publicized until the century after his death.
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leohan wrote:
Heretical Rants wrote:

...You know what I don't feel like researching this stuff so I'll just assume that you're right and not trolling me (long shot but it could be)

So Darwin didn't know how his fucking theory worked. Ok, awesome. But people today that adhere to Darwin's theory do know it. Hence, the original sentence " if you believe in Darwinian evolution then evolutions are mutations" does remain true.

I don't even know why we are discussing this, though. My post was harmless enough.

The way you're wording things throughout these posts seriously annoys me.

also here's a blog post that I think aptly explains the things you are apparently too lazy to spend ten seconds googling rather than imply certain things about me http://chronicle.com/blogs/brainstorm/the-mendel-darwin-connection/24433
Canopus

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I supposed it was self evident, but I'll say it anyway. Leohan, of the many people here willing to troll you, Heretical Rants is not one of them. In fact, I have nothing but good things to say about them.

Last edited by Canopus on Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:14 am; edited 1 time in total
LadySunami

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leohan wrote:
Heretical Rants wrote:

We are all mutants! Every animal, plant, fungus, bacteria and protist! Saying one thing is "more evolved" then another will always be incorrect, as we all achieved our current forms through serial mutations over the exact same period of time. (Unless we develop time travel... Then we could accurately say past things were less evolved). I'm sure the point was more that females are closer in form to our past ancestors.
Leohan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heretical Rants wrote:
The way you're wording things throughout these posts seriously annoys me.

also here's a blog post that I think aptly explains the things you are apparently too lazy to spend ten seconds googling rather than imply certain things about me http://chronicle.com/blogs/brainstorm/the-mendel-darwin-connection/24433

...Ok, I will try to word things better later. You are really annoyed easily, though.

And if I was implying you to be a liar, I wouldn't have continued the argument assuming that you were speaking the truth. I believed you but was considering the chance that you could be just repeating a joke. Sorry if it felt inappropriate. Truthfully I should have gone and searched that fact. I'm just too tired right now I guess.
Dogen

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canopus wrote:
Good trivia Dogen, knew that one!

It's useless trivia day.

... every day is useless trivia day when you hang out with me, though. It's the only thing I have to give.

I would now like to imply that HR is left-handed. Or, sinister, if you will.
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canopus wrote:
Leohan, of the many people here willing to troll you, Heretical Rants is not one of them.

I might type at you in all capital letters with a hint of irony. LIKE THIS. YEA, YOU RUN AWAY.

Also that blog post I linked to is actually really good.
Leohan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to know

EDIT:
Heretical Rants wrote:
Also that blog post I linked to is actually really good.

Reading it now. I agree

Last edited by Leohan on Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:25 am; edited 2 times in total
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh, btw
Leohan wrote:

...Ok, I will try to word things better later. You are really annoyed easily, though.

mostly I was annoyed by your use of "Darwinian" but I guess that's ...common, regrettably, so whatever
bitflipper

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LadySunami wrote:
Almost correct except XX males and XY females do in fact exist. Look up Swyer syndrome and de la Chapelle syndrome.

Well, but, see, those poor souls are the results of their folks not reading the instructions before trying to assemble their kids on Christmas Eve...

O-kay, seriously: the article I read was specifically on the development and role of the Y chromosome, and did not mention Swyer syndrome nor de la Chapelle syndrome. Thanks for pointing them out to me!
Sam

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogen wrote:
bitflipper wrote:
And, it is the presence or the absence of the Y chromosome that expresses male sexual development; no matter how many X chromosomes a person may have, if she does not have a Y chromosome, she will not develop a penis nor testicles.

So you know the line that looks kind of like a fleshy weld that runs along your scrotum (and, if you check, along your perineum to your anus)? That's called the perineal raphe. You know what that is? That's literally the seam from where your fetal vagina closed to make a scrotum.

will you stop it, no real man has a sealed fetal vagina, you're diluting us you domestified feminazi sympathizer gender-traitor NOBODY SAID YOU WERE BETTER AT BIOLOGY FOR BEING A MAN, ONLY MATH (though we are probably also better at biology. would a woman ever take a dare to stick their hand in this i didn't think so, and so we would never learn what happened. biologically)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 9 of 11

Jump to: