welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Feb 19, 2013 Penis.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gibson22

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heretical Rants wrote:
Gibson22 wrote:

I'm just really happy that your Lyra poster is back! ^_^

IT'S SO FUCKING MANLY.

UNF.

Flavius Maximus

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Waiting for PAC3 Very Happy
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I have a penis."

"Louder!"

"I have a penis!"

"LOOOUUUDEEEEEER"

*inhales*

Gibson22

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It could have been a possibility. She had a pretty darn deep voice in the poison joke episode. O_O Maybe the poison joke gave her more than a deep voice...and these dope rap skills.

...um, by the way, NSFW

http://youtu.be/87oeJOteWIg?t=2m15s
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're warning us about Reggie Watts being nsfw.

In a thread entitled "Penis."

o-kaaaay
Gibson22

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heretical Rants wrote:
You're warning us about Reggie Watts being nsfw

in a thread entitled "penis"

o-kaaaay

Touche, magical pony. Touche...
Skittles

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish this was a democracy so we could vote for the comic to change topics.
Cley Faye

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:14 am    Post subject: Re: Feb 19, 2013 Penis. Reply with quote

Would it be reasonnable to have a "Matriarchal Action Movie" with the "I have boobs" line in this context ? Or am I wrong ? Razz
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate you all.
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:49 am    Post subject: Re: Feb 19, 2013 Penis. Reply with quote

Cley Faye wrote:
Would it be reasonnable to have a "Matriarchal Action Movie" with the "I have boobs" line in this context ? Or am I wrong ? Razz

um no . . . it would be a movie free of sexists tropes. No "women in distress", (I mean there could be a woman, and she could be in trouble, but that's not what I'm talking about), no gratuitous violence just to liven things up, no women solely portrayed solely as secondary characters or plot devices, etc.

The original Alien (fuck the sequels) is probably pretty close, but it's technically a horror-sci-fi flick, not an action thriller.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Gibson22

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:07 am    Post subject: Re: Feb 19, 2013 Penis. Reply with quote

Darqcyde wrote:
Cley Faye wrote:

um no . . . it would be a movie free of sexists tropes. No "women in distress", (I mean there could be a woman, and she could be in trouble, but that's not what I'm talking about), no gratuitous violence just to liven things up, no women solely portrayed solely as secondary characters or plot devices, etc.

The original Alien (fuck the sequels) is probably pretty close, but it's technically a horror-sci-fi flick, not an action thriller.

Wha-? No way. It would be a movie full of sexist things. The Patriarchal movie is a parody of the average "guy movie" full of explosions and machisimo. The Matriarchal movie should also be a parody and would be full of crying, vulnerability, cheesy romance, etc, since that is the stereotypical woman movie.

And she'd probably be saying things like, "I have PMS" or "Tragic romance. I am totally getting off on tragic romance."

A-like SO:

StateOfBedlam

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:22 am    Post subject: Re: Feb 19, 2013 Penis. Reply with quote

Gibson22 wrote:
Darqcyde wrote:
Cley Faye wrote:

Wha-? No way. It would be a movie full of sexist things. The Patriarchal movie is a parody of the average "guy movie" full of explosions and machisimo. The Matriarchal movie should also be a parody and would be full of crying, vulnerability, cheesy romance, etc, since that is the stereotypical woman movie.

And she'd probably be saying things like, "I have PMS" or "Tragic romance. I am totally getting off on tragic romance."

"Matriarchal Action Movie" doesn't sound anything like "stereotypical 'chick flick', but with allusions to menstruation." Is sounds like "Patriarchal Action Movie", but with the sexes reversed (something that a hypothetical society might be produce).

Actually, there was something about a hypothetical society very, very early in the strip's run and what you described does sound like something that hypothetical matriarchy would produce. I really don't know what to make of those three strips, though.
Gibson22

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:27 am    Post subject: Re: Feb 19, 2013 Penis. Reply with quote

Quote:
"Matriarchal Action Movie" doesn't sound anything like "stereotypical 'chick flick', but with allusions to menstruation." Is sounds like "Patriarchal Action Movie", but with the sexes reversed (something that a hypothetical society might be produce).

Actually, there was something about a hypothetical society very, very early in the strip's run and what you described does sound like something that hypothetical matriarchy would produce. I really don't know what to make of those three strips, though.

Darcyde isn't necessarily wrong either. With the matriarchy the way it is now, they probably would do it very "woman empowerment" style...IF it was Xanthe and crew producing it. However, this goes with the idea of Tat and the process of social conditioning. Just as the world is conditioning men, it is also conditioning women, meaning that it teaches them to follow stereotypes.
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gibson22

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL! THAT IS PERFECT! Oh please, Tat, do a Matriarchy comic! ;_; Oh, and Heretical Rants wins the prize. ...In fact, I do believe that "I have boobs" should be the name of the movie.

Last edited by Gibson22 on Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:44 am; edited 3 times in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 2 of 11

Jump to: