Sinfest Forum Index Sinfest
welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Feb 19, 2013 Penis.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sam

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest, women are inferior in the sense that Butthead was a guy and one time he said "Check it out, I'm so smooth I got beard on my hands" and no women anywhere has ever topped that. It's like, a mathematical proof of male superiority (again, man, math, so i'm right just deal with it)
fritterdonut

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just out of curiosity, what are agreed-upon differences between men and women, as far as biology, or more precisely anatomy goes?

Besides genitals, the only thing I could think of would be average height, and maybe muscle tone. Although I may be wrong about those.

EDIT: Also, as far as girls and math goes, my go-to people to help me with math or calculus were chicks. If anything, they seemed better at math than any of the guys in the class.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam wrote:
its elementary, my dear WOMEN. there is no patriarchy. men are just good at math and engineering and leadership skills biologically so they naturally gravitate to a natural position of having most of the power and benefits in society.

you dames would stop being so snippy about it if you just recognized you're better at housework and shit and do that to feel better. there's a good all women everywhere.

AM I STRAWMANNING OR NOT WHO EVEN KNOWS THE THREAD HIT POE'S LAW LIKE TWO PAGES AGO

Yer mom hit poes law two pages ago.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

T-t-t-teacher's gonna show you (show you, show you)
How to get an A, spell me, you, add the two
Listen to me baby, that's all you gotta do
A B C is easy as one, two, three
Are simple as do re mi
A B C, one, two, three,
Baby, you and me girl
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The great thing is I just got back from a math conference

also there isn't even anything interesting on that page Sam made
which makes it good in another way, I guess
though that would be infinitely better if there were some higher-level stuff but misused
Samsally

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam wrote:
To be honest, women are inferior in the sense that Butthead was a guy and one time he said "Check it out, I'm so smooth I got beard on my hands" and no women anywhere has ever topped that. It's like, a mathematical proof of male superiority (again, man, math, so i'm right just deal with it)

So me and my friend went out for random martinis because fuck this week and we've been giggling non-stop at this thread.
bitflipper

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fritterdonut wrote:
Just out of curiosity, what are agreed-upon differences between men and women, as far as biology, or more precisely anatomy goes?

Women have two fully-formed X chromosomes and men have one fully-formed X chromosome and one Y chromosome which appears shortened and differently shaped compared to the other 45 chromosomes that appear during cellular mitosis.

The Y chromosome seems to have appeared on the scene about 166 million years ago, when marsupials and placental mammals separated from monotremes. It is the most rapidly changing chromosome in modern mammals. And, it is the presence or the absence of the Y chromosome that expresses male sexual development; no matter how many X chromosomes a person may have, if she does not have a Y chromosome, she will not develop a penis nor testicles. (So, a single-X, XX, or XXX will show female sexual development to whatever extent her body can*, and an XY or an XXY will show male sexual development to whatever extent his body can.**)

*Except in cases of de la Chapelle syndrome--a very rare chromosomal disorder in which the SRY male gene which typically attaches to the Y chromosome crosses over in meiosis in the male parent and attaches to the X chromosome, instead; the result is a male child with two X chromosomes.

**Except in the case of Swyer syndrome, in which a child is born with an XY combination, but one or several of the sex genes on the Y chromosome are either missing, damaged, or mutated to no longer provide the function in development typical of the human genome. Such persons are genetically male, but have female genitalia and non-working gonads; they do not develop secondary sexual characteristics at puberty without the aid of hormone therapy, and they are unable to conceive a child, but can carry an implanted fertilized embryo to term.

Which means that either men are mutant women, or that men are evolved from women; the jury's still out on that point.

edit: Added disclaimers for de la Chapelle and Swyer syndromes

Last edited by bitflipper on Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Leohan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitflipper wrote:
Which means that either men are mutant women, or that men are evolved from women; the jury's still out on that point.

Compatible.

I'm not stating any POV about this, specifically, but at least if you believe in Darwinian evolution then evolutions are mutations.
Dogen

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fritterdonut wrote:

Besides genitals, the only thing I could think of would be average height, and maybe muscle tone. Although I may be wrong about those.

EDIT: Also, as far as girls and math goes, my go-to people to help me with math or calculus were chicks. If anything, they seemed better at math than any of the guys in the class.

There are links to a paper on the subject and a talk by two prominent scientists from Harvard in one of my posts two pages back. You'll know it because it's the one with like... 12 links in it.

The short answer is that, with the exception of the physical, the differences are so minute that to assume they mean much in terms of academic performance would be ludicrous. They may play a role in mate selection and mating behavior, and there's some stuff to do with pain sensations, but the majority of the differences are so small that if you draw a bell curve of males and a second one of females for any given skill they overlap almost entirely.
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitflipper wrote:

haha NICE

Leohan wrote:

Compatible.

blah blah wording I don't like blah blah Darwinian evolution then evolutions are mutations.

Eh? Darwin didn't know much of anything about mutation. He just knew that there were variations in various traits among members of a population and that those variations shifted due to selection.

Last edited by Heretical Rants on Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Leohan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heretical Rants wrote:
Leohan wrote:
bitflipper wrote:

Compatible.

I'm not stating any POV about this, specifically, but at least if you believe in Darwinian evolution then evolutions are mutations.

Eh? Darwin didn't know much of anything about mutation. He just knew that there were variations in various traits among members of a population and that those variations shifted due to selection.

How else other than with a complex series of mutations did a fish suddenly acquire the ability of living outside of the water?
Heretical Rants

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darwin didn't know the mechanism of variation.
Sam

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So now I'm better at math AND I'm a mutant, man, life is awesome. does professor xavier need a trig teacher or something
Leohan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heretical Rants wrote:
Darwin didn't know the mechanism of variation.

But we do currently know. If Darwin proposed that humans come from monkeys he also must have known that some radical genetic features happen every so often. Modern science calls these features mutations.
Sam

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.hulu.com/watch/278350#i0,p4,d1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 8 of 11

Jump to: