Sinfest Forum Index Sinfest
welcome to the fest
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2013-02-24: Fierce mode
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
ShadowCell



Joined: 03 Aug 2008
Posts: 5896
Location: California

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the US Census Bureau and the United Nations also project us to have some sweet population growth over the next forty years or so, which means we should have plenty of people around to pay our bills and shit.

now, Ibian seems to dislike the fact that they won't be white, but that's a whole 'nother issue...


Last edited by ShadowCell on Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bitflipper



Joined: 09 Jul 2011
Posts: 728
Location: Here and Now

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn. Looks like I'm going to miss out on all the crazy. But, in all honesty, I think I'd rather deal with the irrational but mythical world of dreams than the simply irrational world of sexism, racism, fascism, monoculturalism, and whatever other -isms Ibian can weave into his ranting fantasies. Have fun, gang; I'm looking forward to reading this and laughing my butt off, tomorrow!
_________________
I am only a somewhat arbitrary sequence of raised and lowered voltages to which your mind insists upon assigning meaning


Last edited by bitflipper on Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LadySunami



Joined: 04 May 2009
Posts: 187
Location: Elsewhere

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to mention he's ignoring all the future benefits of lowering our population. Yeah there are some temporary problems, but if you really expect the world population to grow indefinitely... Well that's not a good thing. The earth can only support so many people, modern farming science be damned.

As any competent biologist will tell you, a surplus population that then gradually reduces to a more sustainable levels is perfectly natural in any ecosystem. Even if the global population was declining, we wouldn't have to worry about population decline being a serious problem for a loooong time.

I suggest you turn your focus to the real and immediate problem of global climate change. It is far more relevant to the future survival of our species.
_________________
Deviant Art | Twitter | Tumblr
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Leohan



Joined: 27 Mar 2007
Posts: 961

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait a second didn't we have an overpopulation risk planned? As in, countries all over the World generating TOO MANY babies?

When did that change? Fuck, I need to replan my life...
_________________
Sinfest Juggalo Worshipper
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Raal



Joined: 16 Jun 2012
Posts: 51

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Human reproduction rates... lol
All I hear is
"the planet isn't overpopulated enough yet"
"we need more consumers" "but there aren't enough jobs.." "CONSUMERS"
"...but the Chinese!"
and most of all
"The whites of our nation are dying out!"


Everytime I hear about religous mutilation of male genitalia, I remember this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=dNzjXBXn2gU#t=297s


@Ibian at least you are aware you are a racist


Last edited by Raal on Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
StateOfBedlam



Joined: 07 Feb 2013
Posts: 42

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raal wrote:
Everytime I hear about religous mutilation of male genitalia, I remember this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=dNzjXBXn2gU#t=297s


Panty & Stocking gets really, really frickin' dark sometimes, doesn't it?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LadySunami



Joined: 04 May 2009
Posts: 187
Location: Elsewhere

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ibian wrote:
That's not the real problem in the case of the US, however. The debt is. The debt is so huge that the state can't even pay the interest on the loans, which means the debt will keep increasing endlessly until something snaps. When the welfare checks cease there will likely be an explosion in crime (which is already multiple times higher than in Europe).

The mechanisms in play in Europe and the US are different, but the end result is the same. Lack of funds and too many bills to pay.

This problem could easily be solved... If we stopped bitching about taxes and didn't keep pushing off bills on future generations. The US needs to start paying its debts instead of whining about them. As I'm not an economist, I'm unable to supply a detailed plan for such a thing, but I'm smart enough to know making future generations deal with it is a dick move.

I wish economists and scientists would be elected to office instead of idiot layers. If more politicians actually understood what they were making laws about the whole system would work much better. But that's a discussion for another thread.

Oh, and might I suggest you take some classes on sociology and racism? Your stupidity is showing.
_________________
Deviant Art | Twitter | Tumblr


Last edited by LadySunami on Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Leohan



Joined: 27 Mar 2007
Posts: 961

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ibian wrote:
Given that whites are more productive (Racism!) and blacks and hispanics are more criminal (Racism!), yes the white part is what is worth focusing on. And it is shrinking for the same reason that the European one is.

That's not the real problem in the case of the US, however. The debt is. The debt is so huge that the state can't even pay the interest on the loans, which means the debt will keep increasing endlessly until something snaps. When the welfare checks cease there will likely be an explosion in crime (which is already multiple times higher than in Europe).

The mechanisms in play in Europe and the US are different, but the end result is the same. Lack of funds and too many bills to pay.


FUCK! How did I make a sarcastic reply to your comment without noticing this other one?

First off, you seem to have a certain awareness of the fact that what you say at least sounds racist. Here's a quick test you can make to find out if you are being racist before posting:


1- Can I think of any context in which this could be called racist?
2- Could I theoretically give an argument to why what I'm saying is not racist?
3 - Am I racist?

If 1 is true, then it's very likely that 2 is untrue. If 1 is true and 2 is untrue then 3 is true. If it happens that 1 is true and 2 is at least apparently true and you strongly believe that 3 is untrue, then don't post anyway, because you'd be looking for an argument in all the wrong places since everyone'll think that 3 is true.

EDIT: I forgot! If 3 is true, regardless of your comment don't post. I'm not interested in discussing with you.

To sum it up: Don't post this shit. If you do it you're an idiot that's very likely to be a racist and thus a whole truck full of shit.
_________________
Sinfest Juggalo Worshipper
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ShadowCell



Joined: 03 Aug 2008
Posts: 5896
Location: California

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i imagine Ibian must really hate interracial marriages too

Quote:
Social change, not just demographic change, also is driving recent birth rate trends. A rising number of multiracial babies is being born to couples that include one white parent.

Rising rates of intermarriage explain some of the trend. Among newlyweds in 2010, 9% of whites married someone who was Hispanic or of another race. That was nearly triple the rate in 1980. In a 2009 Pew Research Center survey, 29% of whites said they have an immediate family member or close relative married to someone of a different race; this compares with 50% of nonwhites who said the same.

Survey data indicate that the public increasingly accepts and approves of intermarriage and interracial dating.


kids these days, not caring about the purity of the master race, y'know?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fritterdonut



Joined: 24 Jul 2012
Posts: 1082
Location: Hedonism

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I look away from the forums for a couple hours and I miss a perfectly good shit storm.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SA_Penguin



Joined: 13 Feb 2011
Posts: 201
Location: Adelaide

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zhuinden wrote:
If I had been capable of altering the process of creating this comic, I would have added "domestic violence" onto the list.

Aw crud. You remind me of a pet peeve: an Australian, government sponsored, advert against domestic violence.
In the ad, a number of men talk about ways they treat their girlfriends / wives, and the point is made that their behavior is abuse. It ends with the catch phrase: "Violence against women - Australia says no".

The things that always irritated me: the lack of women as attackers [on men or other women] and the lack of male victims.

The ad COULD have said "Domestic violence - Australia says no". But the assumption was made that men never get assaulted, or it chose to ignore situations where that happens.
Since hitting back - even in defense - leaves you marked as the aggressor, the only option open to these males is to run away.

And you call this a patriarchy?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
StateOfBedlam



Joined: 07 Feb 2013
Posts: 42

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SA_Penguin wrote:
Zhuinden wrote:
If I had been capable of altering the process of creating this comic, I would have added "domestic violence" onto the list.

Aw crud. You remind me of a pet peeve: an Australian, government sponsored, advert against domestic violence.
In the ad, a number of men talk about ways they treat their girlfriends / wives, and the point is made that their behavior is abuse. It ends with the catch phrase: "Violence against women - Australia says no".

The things that always irritated me: the lack of women as attackers [on men or other women] and the lack of male victims.

The ad COULD have said "Domestic violence - Australia says no". But the assumption was made that men never get assaulted, or it chose to ignore situations where that happens.
Since hitting back - even in defense - leaves you marked as the aggressor, the only option open to these males is to run away.

And you call this a patriarchy?


The notion that women are weaker or more innocent, and somehow cannot be aggressors, is a consequence of the "patriarchy." Patriarchy is not without female privilege. What you're talking about is a very real, very annoying problem, though.

Relevant:
http://thisisfemaleprivilege.tumblr.com/post/43803998650/domestic-violence-research-overwhelmingly-shows
http://thisisfemaleprivilege.tumblr.com/post/43700400910/patriarchy-a-system-of-society-or-government-in
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Leohan



Joined: 27 Mar 2007
Posts: 961

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StateOfBedlam wrote:
The notion that women are weaker or more innocent, and somehow cannot be aggressors, is a consequence of the "patriarchy." Patriarchy is not without female privilege. What you're talking about is a very real, very annoying problem, though.

I read in some feminist forum that female privilege was impossible because they don't have the power to stablish those privileges or some bullshit like that. Dunno exactly where, was linked from this forum like half a year ago. It's the kind of stuff for which I couldn't ever adhere to the feminist movement.
_________________
Sinfest Juggalo Worshipper
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
StateOfBedlam



Joined: 07 Feb 2013
Posts: 42

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leohan wrote:
StateOfBedlam wrote:
The notion that women are weaker or more innocent, and somehow cannot be aggressors, is a consequence of the "patriarchy." Patriarchy is not without female privilege. What you're talking about is a very real, very annoying problem, though.

I read in some feminist forum that female privilege was impossible because they don't have the power to stablish those privileges or some bullshit like that. Dunno exactly where, was linked from this forum like half a year ago. It's the kind of stuff for which I couldn't ever adhere to the feminist movement.


The number of people who refuse to identify as feminist or have stopped identifying as feminist because of the more extreme and nuttier groups is really hurting and dividing movements for gender equality. All the people who think trying to remove a problem faced by one sex somehow trivializes problems faced by the other sex aren't exactly helping, either.

EDIT: I'm not calling you the second thing, which includes a lot of "feminists."

EDIT 2: It's really odd to me (sometimes) that people still say "the" feminist movement when feminism comprises so many radically different outlooks. It's difficult to think of it as anything unified.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Leohan



Joined: 27 Mar 2007
Posts: 961

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StateOfBedlam wrote:
The number of people who refuse to identify as feminist or have stopped identifying as feminist because of the more extreme and nuttier groups is really hurting and dividing movements for gender equality. All the people who think trying to remove a problem faced by one sex somehow trivializes problems faced by the other sex aren't exactly helping, either.

EDIT: I'm not calling you the second thing.

Good to know. I tend to look for a big picture in my morals.

And yeah actually what called my attention is that it seemed like a really... How to say it... "Official" site. I think I found it, here it is. http://finallyfeminism101.wordpress.com/2008/02/09/faq-female-privilege/

It's the second result when I look for Feminist FAQ. I don't think that this is a random extremist speaking.
_________________
Sinfest Juggalo Worshipper
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 5 of 25

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group