Sinfest Forum Index Sinfest
welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2-25-2013: Dudebro Tears
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ronald

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smilomaniac wrote:
Miss Magenta wrote:

wanna talk about how you know feminism isn't about hating men

Where, at any point did I say feminism is about hating men?
I do believe I said the opposite, that feminists fight for making the world a better place for everyone.

YOU however, come off as a bitter asshole who doesn't believe in the existence of people who give feminism a bad name. These are people ruining it for everyone else and giving the false impression of what feminism is.

Oh and I'm still not talking about genocide, I'm talking about fascism. I've stated that a few times, but of course you're only reading what you want to.

You're talking about a facts of life that are very slowly being rooted out.
But don't feed me bullshit about it being oppression, that's the same as saying that women have no voice in our world and that's simply not true.

You have no fucking clue who I am

Oh, I think we have a few...
Felgraf

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadowCell wrote:
Felgraf wrote:
//Also, I am now for some reason picturing someone being raised by predator drones.

they were worse than helicopter parents

I dunno, having volunteered at girlscout camps, I can safely say there are some *impressive* helicopter parents out there.
Smilomaniac

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadowCell wrote:
what a great job of respecting people that you did here

From what you've shown me, you deserve none from me.
Sam

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
YOU however, come off as a bitter asshole

IRONY ALERT
Smilomaniac

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam wrote:
Quote:
YOU however, come off as a bitter asshole

IRONY ALERT

I'm not bitter, I'm angry.
Leohan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...Can we envelope the term feminazi within the clauses of Godwin's Law and establish that using that, ironically or otherwise, makes you lose the argument automatically?

Because it's an awful term.
Sam

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Get over your fucking self and try to fight for equality between people instead of acting like a prissy entitled moron."

the person who proclaimed it was other people and not him coming off as a bitter asshole
Ronald

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam wrote:
"Get over your fucking self and try to fight for equality between people instead of acting like a prissy entitled moron."

the person who proclaimed it was other people and not him coming off as a bitter asshole

Plus he's telling a woman he's never met how to live her life...
Ronald

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monkey Mcdermott wrote:
Smilomaniac wrote:

MM, keep up your misandry, you're the perfect example of why women deserve to be treated better. People might actually pity you enough to give a fuck.

Its misanthropy bro, not misandry.

Actually, misanthropy is hatred of the entire human race so, yes, misandry would be hatred of, specifically, men.

The very fact that misandry is such a virtually unheard of word could be interpreted to imply that it's an exceptionally rare phenomenon.
Smilomaniac

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuck it, it's obvious that people here are concerned with what they want to read, not what I'm saying.

I can only say that I have not at any point lied in this thread and that you should reread everything I've said and watch past the resent I've shown to what I see as complete disregard to my points.

I can't see this days comic as anything but antagonizing, as a wedge that further drives between people, regardless of gender or conviction.
I've been reading this comic daily for over a decade and it pisses me off to see it veer off the road of equality and crash towards spite.

Have a nice day.
Ronald

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Felgraf

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronald wrote:
Monkey Mcdermott wrote:
Smilomaniac wrote:

MM, keep up your misandry, you're the perfect example of why women deserve to be treated better. People might actually pity you enough to give a fuck.

Actually, misanthropy is hatred of the entire human race so, yes, misandry would be hatred of, specifically, men.

The very fact that misandry is such a virtually unheard of word could be interpreted to imply that it's an exceptionally rare phenomenon.

Eh, I'm not sure that's a valid analysis. That is, 'just because the term is unheard of/isn't discussed frequently, means it's pretty rare.'. I can think of several reasons something might not be discussed/a term might not be used other than the phenomena being something that doesn't occur. It may be misidentified, society may not feel comfortable acknowledging its existence, etc.

For an example, see... well, 'Female Hysteria' and, er, 'Facial massagers'. The terms female orgasm and vibrator wereeeennn''ttt really used much back in the victorian era and early 1900's, but they did exist!

Not that this does or does not apply to misandry, I just felt that "The term isn't used much so it may not exist much" argument isn't really a good one.
"No, but evil is still being --Is having reason-- Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
-Ed, from Digger
Leohan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cleocatra wrote:
How long was it before we saw Criminy do anything that wasn't about being in a big pile of books?

or Seymore do something that wasn't purely about God, the angels or anything else religious?

...You may not have noticed, but most of the time the pile isn't there anymore.

Crim has socially evolved enough to stop needing the pile. He's no longer afraid of the World but embraces it. Crim is the best example of character evolution is the comic.

Slick is slightly more difficult to defend, and I don't feel like doing it here. I did it in the original Fembot strip topic already.

Ronald wrote:

It's incredible to see how useful that strip turned out to become.
Ronald

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Felgraf wrote:
Ronald wrote:
Monkey Mcdermott wrote:
Smilomaniac wrote:

Eh, I'm not sure that's a valid analysis. That is, 'just because the term is unheard of/isn't discussed frequently, means it's pretty rare.'. I can think of several reasons something might not be discussed/a term might not be used other than the phenomena being something that doesn't occur. It may be misidentified, society may not feel comfortable acknowledging its existence, etc.

For an example, see... well, 'Female Hysteria' and, er, 'Facial massagers'. The terms female orgasm and vibrator wereeeennn''ttt really used much back in the victorian era and early 1900's, but they did exist!

Not that this does or does not apply to misandry, I just felt that "The term isn't used much so it may not exist much" argument isn't really a good one.

I didn't say it was. I said it could be interpreted to imply that. Wink
Samsally

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty sure Monkey is 100% aware of what misanthropy means, as it was central to the point he was making.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 9 of 14

Jump to: