welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2013-02-26: Misandry
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:21 am    Post subject: 2013-02-26: Misandry Reply with quote

Tat doesn't read the forums AT ALL. Nope.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Smooshie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHahahahhaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha....hahahahaha....haa...

Ooh boy, that was so, so great. And he's shut everyone who's spoken positively of misandry down, myself included.

I needed that laugh.

Thanks, Tat <3

I love you.
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i seem to recall someone lamenting that sinfest doesn't make fun of people's ideologies anymore.

well, yes it does.
Leohan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good comic.

I guess it'll lose some value in the future for readers going through the whole archive of Sinfest that don't know what was going on in the forums. But today that's really, really good.

Last edited by Leohan on Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Smooshie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leohan wrote:
Very good comic.

I guess it'll lose some value in the future for readers going through the whole archive of Sinfest that don't know what was going on in the forums. But today that really, really good.

Right? I'm still giggling. Every time I try to think about something else, I crack a smile.

I really like the little bit where 911 actually considers misandry to be something of note. The patriarchy at work?

Pffffffffffffffffftahahahahaha, this comic. I'm so happy.

I love you.
SomeGuy411

Location: Lost somewhere in space/time, as far as I can tell. Last known location: Canada

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Either that, or they did a wonderful job of deadpanning sarcasm. I honestly can't tell which
Have a pleasant day
Smooshie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SomeGuy411 wrote:
Either that, or they did a wonderful job of deadpanning sarcasm. I honestly can't tell which

Ooooh, I can't believe I didn't take that into account! Embarassed

I mean, either way.... aaaaah, man. So, so happy.

I love you.
redshirt26

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cops don't stand a chance.

Unless they're women, then all bets are off.
Xanthë

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Misandry is a girl ignoring man feelings, huh? After the last few days of thread comments here, I say bring on the waterworks! Cry them tears, Slick! Twisted Evil

The epigram ‘Male hysteric’ deserves some comment, seeing as the etymology of hysteria is as a term of disparagement towards women, on account of wildly exaggerated emotions being associated with having a womb. Tat, qualifying ‘hysteric’ with the adjective ‘male’ was just your way of pointing this little factlet out, right?
bitflipper

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smooshie wrote:
I really like the little bit where 911 actually considers misandry to be something of note. The patriarchy at work?

Yup! Now, behold! My amazing wild-guessing powers at work: in the fairly near future, Slick's going to get arrested and taken to jail, by Patriarchy Police, for being a man and crying in public.
bitflipper

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xanthë wrote:
The epigram ‘Male hysteric’ deserves some comment, seeing as the etymology of hysteria is as a term of disparagement towards women, on account of wildly exaggerated emotions being associated with having a womb. Tat, qualifying ‘hysteric’ with the adjective ‘male’ was just your way of pointing this little factlet out, right?

Nice catch! But, now, what will Tat do if he ever needs female testimony?
Homeslice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'm starting to get it.

Tat doesn't spend as much time as he used to talking about religion b/c he was preaching to the choir.

Gender issues seems to be a much more pressing concern (especially on the internet) and I can imagine this arc going on for a while.
Xanthë

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitflipper wrote:
Xanthë wrote:

Nice catch! But, now, what will Tat do if he ever needs female testimony?

Touché! Tat’s got that one covered, he just has to send them over to the Trans Zone. Cool
Vancore

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leohan wrote:
Very good comic.

I guess it'll lose some value in the future for readers going through the whole archive of Sinfest that don't know what was going on in the forums. But today that's really, really good.

I don't think it would lose its value, its definitely valid building off of yesterdays comic. I liked it.
bitflipper

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done, Homeslice! Sinfest, despite the claims of many self-appointed "authorities" (such as, it must be admitted, my own self!) is not about religion, nor about relationships, nor even about talking pigs and midnight burrito runs. It's about relevance, and change. Tat doesn't want us to placidly agree with his art. "Bood's one cool dude" means nothing to Tat. He wants us to see ourselves in his art, and thus to consider consciously--perhaps for the very first time in our lives--our actions and the unacknowledged, background forces that shape us and guide us into making the choices we do. Then, and only then, can we awaken and invest 40 pages and 600+ replies over several days to discussing whether the Patriarchy is real and whether feminism is a valid movement--sweet, sweet music to Tat's ears! Praise be to Tat!!

This message brought to you by the Rabid Fanboi Committee to Appoint Taysuya Ishida as Our New Miss-Sire!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: