welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2013-03-03: Male Gaze
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Samsally

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yinello wrote:
I want the plus size lady with the cool glasses to become a Sinfest comic regular. <3

Me too!
stripeypants

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rothide wrote:
I mean, if women can intrinsically know what a man actually thinks, yet the opposite is not true, shows a superiority over the other..

Have you ever talked with someone who thought they were so smooth, but were really obvious and awkward? That is the kind of thing going on here. In this case, a man, unaware hat what he's saying has been said to a woman or group of women many, many times. They have studied and gotten to the root of where these words come from. So they decide to just sidestep the surface conversation and get to the root of it altogether. If you run up against it a lot, you notice the signs that are too subtle for an untrained person to pick up.

In your case, because your arguments as a whole do not appear to have internal consistency beyond your feeling that "feminism is wrong and all feminists hate men because they think men are wrong omg" - my experience tells me you are likely an MRA. My experience with MRA's is that they ignore genuine problems the feminism brings up and works against, while arguing the idea that men are actually totally oppressed.

Before you ask how that makes feminism different from misandry or how it makes me different from you - You lack the fundamental understanding of feminism necessary to argue against it. I have an understanding of why you think why you do. I have dealt with extremists who think all men are scum, and more specifically who hate trans people like me. You don't have the ability to tell the difference between the extremists and the reasonable moderates - which puts you at a huge disadvantage when combatting misandry. You're not actually fighting it in places where it exists, but instead are pissing off the people who actually agree that equal means equal.

Anyway, given that they are called patriarchy blockers and they are in the Sinfest Universe, whose creator has a known and railed against feminist bent, it'd make more sense to say that they do actually do what they're supposed to do, and that the author's interpretation of how men think (versus what they say) is wrong.
stripeypants

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somehow this ended up a double post...

Last edited by stripeypants on Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
stripeypants

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rothide wrote:
I mean, if women can intrinsically know what a man actually thinks, yet the opposite is not true, shows a superiority over the other..

Have you ever talked with someone who thought they were so smooth, but were really obvious and awkward? That is the kind of thing going on here. In this case, a man, unaware that what he's saying has been said to a woman or group of women many, many times. She has studied and learned how such views come about. Not needing to hear it all again, she decides to just sidestep the surface conversation and get to the root of it altogether. If you run up against it a lot, you notice the signs that are too subtle for an untrained person to pick up.

In your case, because your arguments as a whole do not appear to have internal consistency beyond your feeling that "feminism is wrong and all feminists hate men because they think men are wrong omg" - my experience tells me you are likely an MRA. My experience with MRA's is that they ignore genuine problems the feminism brings up and works against, while arguing the idea that men are actually totally oppressed. Those are just some general parameters, and you could easily fall out of them by not saying things MRAs say - but you unceasingly do keep yourself in that category.

Before you ask how that makes feminism different from misandry or how it makes me different from you - You lack the fundamental understanding of feminism necessary to argue against it. I have an understanding of why you think why you do. I have dealt with extremists who think all men are scum, and more specifically who hate trans people like me. You don't have the ability to tell the difference between the extremists and the reasonable moderates - which puts you at a huge disadvantage when combatting misandry. You're not actually fighting it in places where it exists, but instead are pissing off the people who actually agree that equal means equal.

But if you want to, do share your experiences with radical feminists and how they have shaped your worldview. Please give details, without complaints.

Anyway, given that they are called patriarchy blockers and they are in the Sinfest Universe, whose creator has a known and railed against feminist bent, it'd make more sense to say that they do actually do what they're supposed to do, and that the author's interpretation of how men think (versus what they say) is wrong.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: