welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2013-3-5 Right in the face!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is that those types often only post less than five times or so, and often only in one thread.

Also Sam: you should look around on other forums. I've found entire threads where there are anywhere from half a dozen posts to literately pages of people spewing vitriol about how Tat has 'sold out to feminazis' and other shit along those lines.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Felgraf

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darqcyde wrote:
The problem is that those types often only post less than five times or so, and often only in one thread.

Also Sam: you should look around on other forums. I've found entire threads where there are anywhere from half a dozen posts to literately pages of people spewing vitriol about how Tat has 'sold out to feminazis' and other shit along those lines.

Doesn't selling out require getting money for it?'

(Not that he HAS sold out, it's just... that phrase being used by them is confusing! Or perhaps I'm ignorant to "Big Femmi", the super-powerful Feminist lobbying organizations, overflowing with cash! Right next to the massive stacks of cash people are CLEARLY getting for continuing the global warming hoax!)
Due to the right wing utterly destroying satire the past few years, I should note the above is sarcasm.
"No, but evil is still being --Is having reason-- Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
-Ed, from Digger
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm paraphrasing what I've read elsewhere, but yeah, it just leads to their claims be more inaccurate and idiotic. I've also seen the word 'proselytizing" tossed around a lot, to which I instantly think of this:

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam wrote:
Hey can you guys do me a favor

I mean I know these MISANDRY!!1 types are legion and the forum has a long history of really incredibly stupid shitty types crawling out of the woodwork, but I've only seen the last two fantastic examples.

Can you guys like dredge up a list of the worst crazies this forum has drawn in over the subject of the comic and the worst things they said? I mean, there was that one white supremacist who said that women are obligated to provide sex. There has to be more.

off the top of my head...

-Estranged, a fellow from Bulgaria if i recall correctly, who towed the line that objectification of women is simply unstoppable because the male sex drive is an irresistible force of nature that must simply be accommodated, and therefore when feminists ask people not to treat women like sex objects, they are essentially asking people to stop eating

-Ashland, who liked to whine about how mean we are and thought that because his girlfriend had a degree in psychology that made him competent to criticize psychological research methodology, and also once claimed that feminism had nothing to do with the Civil Rights movement of the 1960s

-KDX, who thought that women should give up sex on command because "the relationship" is more important than the people in it and if i really understood love i would understand that love is more important than the people i love

-crayven, who, among other things, claimed that the income gap does not exist

-EmptyOnion, who, among other things, claimed that harmful social beauty ideals originate with women and girls who buy fashion magazines, thereby making them the source of their own problems
MerchManDan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good times, good times.
diagram12345

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadowCell wrote:
Sam wrote:
Hey can you guys do me a favor

I mean I know these MISANDRY!!1 types are legion and the forum has a long history of really incredibly stupid shitty types crawling out of the woodwork, but I've only seen the last two fantastic examples.

Can you guys like dredge up a list of the worst crazies this forum has drawn in over the subject of the comic and the worst things they said? I mean, there was that one white supremacist who said that women are obligated to provide sex. There has to be more.

off the top of my head...

-Estranged, a fellow from Bulgaria if i recall correctly, who towed the line that objectification of women is simply unstoppable because the male sex drive is an irresistible force of nature that must simply be accommodated, and therefore when feminists ask people not to treat women like sex objects, they are essentially asking people to stop eating

-Ashland, who liked to whine about how mean we are and thought that because his girlfriend had a degree in psychology that made him competent to criticize psychological research methodology, and also once claimed that feminism had nothing to do with the Civil Rights movement of the 1960s

-KDX, who thought that women should give up sex on command because "the relationship" is more important than the people in it and if i really understood love i would understand that love is more important than the people i love

-crayven, who, among other things, claimed that the income gap does not exist

-EmptyOnion, who, among other things, claimed that harmful social beauty ideals originate with women and girls who buy fashion magazines, thereby making them the source of their own problems

Well, it's certainly true that if women did not spend their money on fashion magazines, the fashion magazines would go out of business. When it comes to changing businesses, the only vote that counts (except in extreme circumstances) is the way you vote with your wallet.
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Arkhon, I just realized this comic if for the fifth, not the fourth, you can change the date if you go back and edit the original post title.
LadySunami

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use my wallet to vote for less fashion magazines and more RPG video games.

Speaking of which, I've gotta figure out how much I should donate to the Torment: Tides Of Numenera kickstarter. Sadly, as a student I'm not all that rich.
Totally not advertising here... Nope... Okay Planescape: Torment is one of my favorite games, so hush.
Dogen

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use my wallet to store money and credit cards. Is there something wrong with my wallet? Is there a hidden pocket or something I'm not seeing? How do I make it vote?
LadySunami

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you just need to stick enough "I voted" stickers on it. Your wallet will then learn to fly and spend any moment you aren't paying attention to vote on anything and everything it can vote on. If it doesn't do so, it worries all the stickers will be considered false advertising.
Probably should go to bed now...
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogen wrote:
I use my wallet to store money and credit cards. Is there something wrong with my wallet? Is there a hidden pocket or something I'm not seeing? How do I make it vote?

I think sunami is saying spend your money on things you support, don't spend it on things you are against i.e. vote with your wallet.
Arkhron

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darqcyde wrote:
Hey Arkhon, I just realized this comic if for the fifth, not the fourth, you can change the date if you go back and edit the original post title.

Done, thanks!

Be compassionate
Dogen

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darqcyde wrote:
Dogen wrote:

I think sunami is saying spend your money on things you support, don't spend it on things you are against i.e. vote with your wallet.

Thanks Darq. Laughing
LadySunami

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diagram12345 wrote:
Well, it's certainly true that if women did not spend their money on fashion magazines, the fashion magazines would go out of business. When it comes to changing businesses, the only vote that counts (except in extreme circumstances) is the way you vote with your wallet.

I can't take credit for the "voting with your wallet" thing, I was just responding to Diagram12345.

It's also woth noting that despite the fact I do "vote with my wallet" by not paying for fashion magazines, they are still more then capable of affecting my body image.
Mikewee777

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Attacking the audience? This is offensive to the victims of the Colorado shooting. Are you seriously defending the actions of James Holmes?

All because a man doesn't believe his girlfriend has the right to get hit with bullets doesn't mean that you should force America to ban Solanaceae poisons.
See? Once again, Tat is victim shaming. This is how the brainwashing starts.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/23/aurora-shooting-boyfriends-died-protecting-girlfriends_n_1695290.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: