welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2013-03-11: Knit
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sunember123

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm hoping she's gonna meet Storytime. They're both clueless, it would be cute to see them together, much like Pebbles and Lily now.
Ronald

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if Granny (is that her official designation so far?) ever filled the job that Fuchsia almost applied for.

When you think about it, it's an odd "coincidence" (aside from the fact that Tat of course deliberately chose the color) that the Bot is also fuchsia in color.

I'd suggest that The Devil might want to discontinue that color but, really, once Slick purchased the Bot, there's no reason for The Devil to care about her one way or the other. He got Slick's money and that's all he wanted in this particular context.

On another note, it may prove relevant that the Bot only ran away from Slick because she was confused upon being "reality-ized," not because she necessarily has anything against him. One might reasonably presume that Slick literally programmed her to be in love with him, and since Tat's making up science as he goes along, for all we know, the Reality Zone didn't change that part of her persona.

Which leads to a question:

If the Bot, now a sentient being, is emotionally "programmed" to be in love with Slick, what right would the Sisterhood or anyone else have to "de-program" her of such devotion? So she has no choice about whether or not to be in love with Slick; nobody has any choice about who they are or aren't in love with. There are people in the real world who are, to quote a song, hopelessly devoted to people who have much less to offer relationship-wise than Slick, we don't get to change their "programming."

Heck, what right would they have to even alter the "subservient" persona that was presumably programmed into her when she was manufactured, which Curly deems so offensive? Like it or not, that's who the Bot is. The Sisterhood could attempt to better educate her or persuade her toward their point of view, but anything else would be tampering with her free will.

Unless she asked them to, of course.
Smooshie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might be more okay if it weren't Slick himself that programmed her to love him...

I love you.
Leohan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah, we have already been show that the fembots are programmed by the factory to be loving women, regardless of the man that buys them.

I don't agree with Ronald so much, though. What the Sisterhood did was showing (in a tremendously graphical way) consequences for their current programming. They never took any particular, fully programmed fembot and messed with the circuitry.
Ronald

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smooshie wrote:
It might be more okay if it weren't Slick himself that programmed her to love him...

But when he programmed her, she (evidently) wasn't a sentient being. He's either pathetic for having a relationship with a machine (which seems to be what Curly was implying when she told him "Fake") or bad for "brainwashing" a woman. He can't be both.
Samsally

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this comic is especially fitting for today because I am freeeeezing at work.

*hides under two blankets and a sweat shirt, considers using long coat as a third blanket*
Yinello

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She should keep the sweater and hat. So cute!
Samsally

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would draw fanart but my fingers don't want to bend.
Reader1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wonder if tat actually created... (does she have a name yet?) so that nique could have someone to hang with while slick is being portrayed as the bad guy. it also might be interesting if slick meets her again while she's with nique. i can't imagine how heated that could get. “she’s mine, I bought her” probably wouldn’t go over so well :)
Miss Magenta

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reader1 wrote:
(does she have a name yet?)

her name is literally just fembot.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure where people are getting the impression that Slick's "the bad guy." So Slick and 'Nique are disagreeing. In over twelve years of strips, that's hardly unprecedented. They're two people (well, fictional characters) with differing viewpoints on some things. So?

In the past, 'Nique has usually been "right" to Slick's "wrong," but that's because Slick, whatever his good points, is generally an immature and rather clueless character (although he's come a long way). That doesn't mean he's always wrong any more than it means that 'Nique is always right.

Here's the first strip that came to mind when I pondered when 'Nique has presented a "bad example":

http://www.sinfest.net/archive_page.php?comicID=2359

Because, see, compassion is a good thing. Say what you want about Slick, he's rarely if ever deliberately insensitive to anybody. Sure, sometimes he's insensitive, but that's because he is, as noted, immature and clueless.

I'm sure there are other examples.
Finnegan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sunember123 wrote:
I'm hoping she's gonna meet Storytime. They're both clueless, it would be cute to see them together, much like Pebbles and Lily now.

I haven't spent a lot of time reading the threads in this subforum so I'm not up on all the names you folks have assigned to the various new characters that have been showing up lately. Can I assume Storytime is the zombie guy?

hey! rock bottom's not that bad
we've got glow-in-the-dark fish down here that's rad
ShadowCell

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, Storytime is the zombie guy
Mr. Meddler

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YES! I love this, Tat!

*knits hats for everyone*

Click here to see my artwork!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
tricksterson

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, if fembots are cyborgs, rather than pure robots that puts a whole new spin on the Sisterhoods attitude towards them, and makes Milton a whole lot less likable.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: