welcome to the fest
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

3/16/13 - Strategizing
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Flavius Maximus



Joined: 07 May 2011
Posts: 799
Location: The Wrong side of the Reality Zone Sign

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maynar wrote:
Flavius Maximus wrote:
The juice box is a nice touch too :


Dammit Flavius, stay out of my mind. AND my sock drawer.

Mwhahaha
Twisted Evil
_________________
Awesome Happens
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Smooshie



Joined: 24 Jan 2013
Posts: 141
Location: NYC

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ktern wrote:
Dogen wrote:
Big D is regressing to more child-like behavior over time. I wonder if this is a reflection of Tat's view of patriarchal responses to feminism.


i think it's just a result of my little pony

Can we combine these two theories and say that he's poking fun at manchildren? Laughing
_________________
If at first you don't succeed [in persuading or explaining something to me], then try and try again.

I love you.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Arthain



Joined: 09 Feb 2013
Posts: 96

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just had a disturbing thought!

*Puts on his tin foil hat*

The comics have taken a very feminist turn! What if Tat has actually been... removed? What if someone else has replaced him!

*gasp*

IT'S A CONSPIRACY!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Adyon



Joined: 27 May 2012
Posts: 1163
Location: Behind my Cintiq

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arthain wrote:
I just had a disturbing thought!

*Puts on his tin foil hat*

The comics have taken a very feminist turn! What if Tat has actually been... removed? What if someone else has replaced him!

*gasp*

IT'S A CONSPIRACY!!

Haha, you're so silly...


TAT NEVER EXISTED TO BEGIN WITH! IT'S ALL BEEN AN INGENIOUS HOAX!
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Adyon



Joined: 27 May 2012
Posts: 1163
Location: Behind my Cintiq

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smooshie wrote:
ktern wrote:
Dogen wrote:
Big D is regressing to more child-like behavior over time. I wonder if this is a reflection of Tat's view of patriarchal responses to feminism.


i think it's just a result of my little pony

Can we combine these two theories and say that he's poking fun at manchildren? Laughing

I think Tat just thought it would be hilariously random to have Big D love My Little Pony. On almost every other character, it's no where near as funny.

...except maybe Xanthe.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Smooshie



Joined: 24 Jan 2013
Posts: 141
Location: NYC

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adyon wrote:
Smooshie wrote:
ktern wrote:
Dogen wrote:
Big D is regressing to more child-like behavior over time. I wonder if this is a reflection of Tat's view of patriarchal responses to feminism.


i think it's just a result of my little pony

Can we combine these two theories and say that he's poking fun at manchildren? Laughing

I think Tat just thought it would be hilariously random to have Big D love My Little Pony. On almost every other character, it's no where near as funny.

...except maybe Xanthe.

How about Seymour?
_________________
If at first you don't succeed [in persuading or explaining something to me], then try and try again.

I love you.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cleocatra



Joined: 30 Mar 2007
Posts: 177
Location: Cave

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:33 pm    Post subject: Re: (^^:) Reply with quote

Tinrac wrote:
Completely misread that as strate gizing, and spent a good three minutes trying to figure out what that meant.


Same, haha.
_________________
- explanation of feminism -
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Darqcyde



Joined: 11 Jul 2006
Posts: 10558
Location: A false vacuum abiding in ignorance.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Re: (^^:) Reply with quote

cleocatra wrote:
Tinrac wrote:
Completely misread that as strate gizing, and spent a good three minutes trying to figure out what that meant.


Same, haha.

Yeah, I thought it was some tublr, dudebro meme reference or something like:

"DAWG, that girl was SOO hot, I was strate gizing!"

And I was trying to figure out how that worked into the strip.
_________________
...if a single leaf holds the eye, it will be as if the remaining leaves were not there.
http://about.me/omardrake
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Darqcyde



Joined: 11 Jul 2006
Posts: 10558
Location: A false vacuum abiding in ignorance.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smooshie wrote:
Adyon wrote:
Smooshie wrote:
ktern wrote:
Dogen wrote:
Big D is regressing to more child-like behavior over time. I wonder if this is a reflection of Tat's view of patriarchal responses to feminism.


i think it's just a result of my little pony

Can we combine these two theories and say that he's poking fun at manchildren? Laughing

I think Tat just thought it would be hilariously random to have Big D love My Little Pony. On almost every other character, it's no where near as funny.

...except maybe Xanthe.

How about Seymour?

No, Seymour would condemn it for promoting 'witchcraft and hedonism' or some other ridiculous nonsense. Also, I think Xanthe's reaction to finding out that Big D is a brony would be something along the lines of "Well even evil bastards can have good taste" or something like that.
_________________
...if a single leaf holds the eye, it will be as if the remaining leaves were not there.
http://about.me/omardrake
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
redshirt26



Joined: 09 Jul 2012
Posts: 91

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reads "Full Scale Campaign". Oh? (intrigued, thinking Call of Duty: Sinfest)
Finds "Smear" that I missed when I first read it. Oh. (disappointed, thinking MSNBC and Fox News)
_________________
Its not the goal in life to walk into Heaven with a perfect face and body, but to show up worn out, battle-scarred sliding in head first going, "Damn! That was fun!"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Homeslice



Joined: 17 Jun 2012
Posts: 224
Location: NC

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a shame. I was really hoping D would be able to at least put up some sort of fight against the sisterhood.
_________________
woo
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lol



Joined: 16 Nov 2012
Posts: 136

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

D-Man has been winning the fight against the Sisterhood for the entire comic.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Drowemos



Joined: 28 Feb 2013
Posts: 29

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, some times, a funny joke is just a funny joke. I don't really think there is any subtext here other than it's funny to see the devil sucking his thumb and moping.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Leohan



Joined: 27 Mar 2007
Posts: 1019

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...Smear campaign?

Dude, you are the Devil. Literally the easiest target for smear ever. Especially with your fandoms.

Choose the fights that you can win.
_________________
Sinfest Juggalo Worshipper
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sammich



Joined: 21 Jun 2012
Posts: 37

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drowemos wrote:
You know, some times, a funny joke is just a funny joke. I don't really think there is any subtext here other than it's funny to see the devil sucking his thumb and moping.


Au contraire, can there possibly be a greater symbol for the mass brainwashing of young girls than My Little Pony? And who do you suppose is upset that the mass brainwashing has not only failed against the Sisterhood, but is now the only comfort to the would be brainwasher?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group