Sinfest Forum Index Sinfest
welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mar. 22: Wait a moment...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cley Faye

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget, dudebro are peoples too.
Samsally

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you being ironic on purpose or are you being earnest?
cixelsyD

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously Xanthe is just Slick's repressed feminine personality.
mouse

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Mar. 22: Wait a moment... Reply with quote

Felgraf wrote:

Whenever I hear 'interesting hair', I think this guy.

one of my joys in watching that show is seeing how excited his hair has gotten. i swear, i can tell how far along in the season they are, just by that.
Miss Magenta

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cixelsyD wrote:

which is even more of a good reason for them to make out

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not trying to cause something, I am just curious. Since a dude appears to be someone under the influence of the Patriarchy, have they shown what they call a man that has rejected Patriarchy? Enlightened? A gentleman? A liar?
tricksterson

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cixelsyD wrote:

That kind of makes sense, after all he already has one physically expressed psychological aspect in Kcils, why not a second one.
MerchManDan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For some reason, my favourite part is the way Minique looks so freaked out in panel 3.

Miss Magenta wrote:
cixelsyD wrote:

...but...they're in the same body. How would that even work?
Felgraf

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:18 am    Post subject: Re: Mar. 22: Wait a moment... Reply with quote

mouse wrote:
Felgraf wrote:

Whenever I hear 'interesting hair', I think this guy.

one of my joys in watching that show is seeing how excited his hair has gotten. i swear, i can tell how far along in the season they are, just by that.

I cannot, cannot watch that show. My fiance watches it for amusment ocasionally, and I sat down and tried to watch it with her.

Then we go to a stone drill they found in egypt. "Look at the grooves int his stone drill! Too precise and clean cut to have been made by any man-made material than a diamond!"
'Okay, that... seems actually pretty specious, since you can *wear* grooves into things, but let's see where they're going with this...'
"But no one's found any diamonds in egypt! So they couldn't have had them to make this."
'... o-kay, I doubt that too, and even if they hadn't found any doesnt' mean the egyptians didn't have acess to them, but for the moment I will pretend to accept that..'
"So CLEARLY, they must have found an ancient alien machine and-"
*RAGE* 'WTF!? BUT NO ONE HAS FOUND THOSE EITHER~! BY YOUR OWN FREAKING LOGIC THEY COULD NOT HAVE HAD AN ALIEN MACHINE EITHER! I AAAUUUUUUUUUGGGGHHHHHH'

Apparently my fiance was more entertained by my anger at this than the show itself, which is good. But I. Ow.
"No, but evil is still being --Is having reason-- Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
-Ed, from Digger
Flavius Maximus

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xanthe is Slick and Monique's love child. She has one from the future to say civilization from the Patriarchy. 😝
tricksterson

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miss Magenta wrote:
tricksterson wrote:
She looks much older dressed like that. And hot.

DAMMIT I HATE TO AGREE WITH YOU BUT

I... agree with you.

MUHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
LadySunami

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flavius Maximus wrote:
Xanthe is Slick and Monique's love child. She has one from the future to say civilization from the Patriarchy. 😝

Or secretly a cousin. Or half sister.
Maybe Slick's dad is/was actually a successful "pimp." Might even be why Slick used to believe he was destined to be a lady's man.
mouse

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Mar. 22: Wait a moment... Reply with quote

Felgraf wrote:

Then we go to a stone drill they found in egypt. "Look at the grooves int his stone drill! Too precise and clean cut to have been made by any man-made material than a diamond!"
'Okay, that... seems actually pretty specious, since you can *wear* grooves into things, but let's see where they're going with this...'
"But no one's found any diamonds in egypt! So they couldn't have had them to make this."
'... o-kay, I doubt that too, and even if they hadn't found any doesnt' mean the egyptians didn't have acess to them, but for the moment I will pretend to accept that..'
*RAGE* 'WTF!? BUT NO ONE HAS FOUND THOSE EITHER~! BY YOUR OWN FREAKING LOGIC THEY COULD NOT HAVE HAD AN ALIEN MACHINE EITHER! I AAAUUUUUUUUUGGGGHHHHHH'

this is actually why i watch it - to pick out the flaws in their arguments. admittedly, it can be a bit like putting together a child's jigsaw puzzle (not exactly a major mental challenge), but it can be fun to count up just how many blazing idiocies they can amass on a single subject.

there was one show where they were talking about these three megalithic structures in southern france, which happened to lay on the points of a right triangle. they had like 3 people wildly excited about how this meant prehistoric people had discovered THE PYTHAGOREAN TRIANGLE and this was _millenia_ before organized mathematics so they must have been taught about THE PYTHAGOREAN TRIANGLE and therefore aliens.

except a) there is no such thing as a pythagorean triangle. there is a _right_ triangle (which can be constructed by anyone who can put a stick upright in the ground, with no math whatsoever) and there is the pythagorean _theory_, which lets you calculate the length of the hypotenuse of said right triangle..but they presented zero (0) evidence that the neolithic folk did any sort of calculation about the length of the hypotenuse. which they probably didn't because
b) they presented no evidence that the neolithic people saw any particular connection between these three sites. no shared symbols, no symbology pointing from one to another, no roads connecting them...nothing that would indicate that they knew, or cared, that you could connect these three and form a triangle.
then, of course, i _had_ to check their observation that THIS IS THE ONLY HUMAN-BUILT STRUCTURE THAT YOU CAN SEE FROM SPACE(tm), which of course, it isn't - you can find it on google maps and you lose it before you even get to a height where you can see all of france. but when you do this, you discover that this section of france has literally hundreds of neolithic megalith sites. hundreds. three of which, if you draw the lines just right, happen to form a right angle. yeah, i'm impressed.
probably my very favorite was the little mayan thing that they claimed was _clearly_ an airplane because it had wings! and an upright tail! except to my eyes it looked exactly like the angel shark sculpture on my mantlepiece. especially because you could see the eyes, and also what looked like gill slits.

of course, it's one of those things that's funny until you realize people actually believe that stuff.
Felgraf

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Mar. 22: Wait a moment... Reply with quote

mouse wrote:
Felgraf wrote:

this is actually why i watch it - to pick out the flaws in their arguments. admittedly, it can be a bit like putting together a child's jigsaw puzzle (not exactly a major mental challenge), but it can be fun to count up just how many blazing idiocies they can amass on a single subject.

there was one show where they were talking about these three megalithic structures in southern france, which happened to lay on the points of a right triangle. they had like 3 people wildly excited about how this meant prehistoric people had discovered THE PYTHAGOREAN TRIANGLE and this was _millenia_ before organized mathematics so they must have been taught about THE PYTHAGOREAN TRIANGLE and therefore aliens.

except a) there is no such thing as a pythagorean triangle. there is a _right_ triangle (which can be constructed by anyone who can put a stick upright in the ground, with no math whatsoever) and there is the pythagorean _theory_, which lets you calculate the length of the hypotenuse of said right triangle..but they presented zero (0) evidence that the neolithic folk did any sort of calculation about the length of the hypotenuse. which they probably didn't because
b) they presented no evidence that the neolithic people saw any particular connection between these three sites. no shared symbols, no symbology pointing from one to another, no roads connecting them...nothing that would indicate that they knew, or cared, that you could connect these three and form a triangle.
then, of course, i _had_ to check their observation that THIS IS THE ONLY HUMAN-BUILT STRUCTURE THAT YOU CAN SEE FROM SPACE(tm), which of course, it isn't - you can find it on google maps and you lose it before you even get to a height where you can see all of france. but when you do this, you discover that this section of france has literally hundreds of neolithic megalith sites. hundreds. three of which, if you draw the lines just right, happen to form a right angle. yeah, i'm impressed.
probably my very favorite was the little mayan thing that they claimed was _clearly_ an airplane because it had wings! and an upright tail! except to my eyes it looked exactly like the angel shark sculpture on my mantlepiece. especially because you could see the eyes, and also what looked like gill slits.

of course, it's one of those things that's funny until you realize people actually believe that stuff.

Haha, I remember that last one. "There are no birds with vertical tails! CLEARLY, this is actually a sculpture of a plane!"

As TV tropes put it: "Behold, the Greater Antillean Grackle. Found throughout south america."

"No, but evil is still being --Is having reason-- Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
-Ed, from Digger
lol

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MerchManDan wrote:
For some reason, my favourite part is the way Minique looks so freaked out in panel 3.

Miss Magenta wrote:
cixelsyD wrote:

...but...they're in the same body. How would that even work?

I think she meant they'd be separate entities like Kcils and Slick.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> Sinfest All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: