welcome to the fest

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

willie nelson takes a hit
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rm

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:31 am    Post subject: willie nelson takes a hit Reply with quote

Dusty skies I can't see nothing in sight
Good old Dan you'll have to guide me right
For we lose our way the cattle will stray
And we lose them all tonight
With all of the grass and water's gone
We'll have to keep the cattle moving on
Sand blowing I just can't breathe in this air
Thought it would soon be clear and fair
But the dust storms were bad they took all we had
I've got to be moving somewhere...

Willie Nelson Busted
Singer And Crew Issued Misdemeanor Citations For Drug Possession

Quote:
BREAUX BRIDGE, La. - Sept. 18, 2006 (UPI) -- Country star Willie Nelson and four members of his entourage were busted for possession of marijuana and mushrooms in Louisiana Monday morning.

State police stopped the singer's tour bus outside of Breaux Bridge, La., for a routine inspection and when a trooper stepped inside, he immediately smelled marijuana, trooper Willie Williams told the Lafayette (La.) Daily Advertiser.

Nelson and four others on the bus all claimed ownership of the 1.5 pounds of marijuana and 0.2 pound of mushrooms, so they were each charged with misdemeanor drug possession, the newspaper said.

If any one person had claimed ownership of the large quantity of drugs, he would have faced felony possession with the intent to distribute.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/09/18/entertainment/main2018940.shtml
Teh Digital Dragon

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Willie Nelson...smoking weed?
dazedb42

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the mushrooms I find interesting . The thought of Willie yelling "did you see the size of that chicken?" halfway through a rendition of the higwayman makes me smile.
Lasairfiona

Location: I have to be somewhere? ::runs around frantically::

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NOT WILLIE! He would NEVER smoke pot!!!

Hell, my grandma was offered pot by the man

rm

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it's not all that wild. he's been a life long advocate of pot and very outspoken about legalizing it, but this just kind of sucks for him. he's 73 years old. one article says he could face up to 6 months in prison. how likely that is, I don't know. I am sure he will have something to say about it in the next few days, though.
kame

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope Willy takes it to the supreme court, and brings his guitar along. Maybe his soulful voice, soncraft, and guitar work could change the hearts of those paragons of justice and finally make pot legal. Very Happy
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teh Digital Dragon wrote:

And here I thought when he said "keeping me in the green," he was referring to his biodiesel tourbus and business! But marijoowanna?
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WheelsOfConfusion wrote:
Teh Digital Dragon wrote:

And here I thought when he said "keeping me in the green," he was referring to his biodiesel tourbus and business! But marijoowanna?

biowillie wrote:
The smell of the biodiesel exhaust is far more pleasant than petroleum based diesel, some times smelling like pop corn or doughnuts if the fuel is made from a waste vegetable oil feedstock.

Dude! there's gotta be a Dunkin Donuts or a Crispy Creme SOMEWHERE nearby man, I can SMELL IT!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
BoySetsFire

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i find it hard to believe they were only cited for a misdemeanor for a pound and a half of pot. that is a LOT, of weed. isn't that multiple times the requirement for a felony intent to distribute charge?
Darqcyde

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoySetsFire wrote:
i find it hard to believe they were only cited for a misdemeanor for a pound and a half of pot. that is a LOT, of weed. isn't that multiple times the requirement for a felony intent to distribute charge?

It's state to state thing, plus this is a american cultural icon we're talking about here.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Xilonen

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoySetsFire wrote:

Quote:
Nelson and four others on the bus all claimed ownership of the 1.5 pounds of marijuana and 0.2 pound of mushrooms, so they were each charged with misdemeanor drug possession, the newspaper said.

If any one person had claimed ownership of the large quantity of drugs, he would have faced felony possession with the intent to distribute.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
dazedb42

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think BSF's point was it still is a large amount. Our local laws are 30g or 1oz of pot before you get charged. Even spread out amoung 5 of them it amounts to a large amount of pot. 16oz to the lb? Still makes it nearly 5oz each...shitloads.
WheelsOfConfusion

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently the local jail was also full to the brim.
E-boy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Screw willie and all his little friends too! The guy keeps getting crap he brings on himself and people feel sorry for him.

People felt sorry for him when one of his ex wives sewed him in the sheets and beat his ass with a baseball bat for beating her up every time he got drunk. Frankly, I think they should have given her a goddamn medal and hung his ass from a tree so people could repeat her performance pinata style.
Azmoten

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look at my surprised face. Neutral
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Sinfest Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: